It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man made religion from a Christian.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I stopped going to church years ago, often times I felt that others were putting on a show. I am a Christian who does not go to church.
Look through out history at the evils that have been done in the name of Organized religion, a lot of times people will use God as a means to get what THEY want.
Look at the wars that have taken place in the name of religion.
Many who have "religion" do not have God in their lives.
This fella says it better than I ever could.

There has always been a big problem with organized religion. Many go to church, listen to someone tell them about the God and the bible without every really knowing Him.
If they knew Him you would probably see a different world today.
Comments?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Isn't ALL religion man-made?

On the sixth day, the Lord Man said 'Let there be God, so that I will have easy means to subdue and control the weak minded around me. Lord Man thus created God, looked around and saw that it was good.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by nineix

thank you for your comment and opinion.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

One of the best comments I have ever seen on here. Have a great day my friend.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

I get what you're saying and I feel the same way. Every time I would try to explain why I don't go to church they would just get a blank stare on their face. Church, especially the christian church, is more about money than it is about god and worship. Not all of course, but I do think it's fair to say about 85% are money motivated.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleVoice731

I get what you're saying and I feel the same way. Every time I would try to explain why I don't go to church they would just get a blank stare on their face. Church, especially the christian church, is more about money than it is about god and worship. Not all of course, but I do think it's fair to say about 85% are money motivated.

I've been passively seeking out, a church that doesn't ask for any money. Or at least, the bare minimum to keep it running.

Instead of being a charity, and getting it's members to give them money, it should instead encourage them to give to real dedicated charities. There would be no profit for those behind the church, but money to help people would go where it would be better used.

~
It would be of much better character. Maybe it wouldn't be automatically true, but you'd be able to tell those behind it's intention was that they thought it was true.

But, suprisingly, very few(if any, I haven't found any yet) religious people start churches, beliefs, or sects, without money to be gained from it.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
If religion is man-made, then it is men who are responsible for war, not God.
How many wars were waged in the name of Atheism? Think Stalin; Hitler; Mao; etc...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1nOne
How many wars were waged in the name of Atheism? Think Stalin; Hitler; Mao; etc...

People still refer to those wars, as being "In the name of Atheism"? Hitler wasn't even an atheist.

But yes, men are responsible for the wars they started. Though, religion has often been responsible for guiding or making those men do what they did, it's not always about religion.

"If God is a man-made idea, then man is responsible for their actions, instead of passing the buck to their God's." You say this, like it's a bad thing. It isn't, we should be responsible for our actions.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxsomexpersonxx

Originally posted by 1nOne

People still refer to those wars, as being "In the name of Atheism"? Hitler wasn't even an atheist.

But yes, men are responsible for the wars they started. Though, religion has often been responsible for guiding or making those men do what they did, it's not always about religion.

"If God is a man-made idea, then man is responsible for their actions, instead of passing the buck to their God's." You say this, like it's a bad thing. It isn't, we should be responsible for our actions.

Yes, to be more precise, I should have said, "Nazism", which was ultra-nationalist Fascism grounded in Neitzschean philosophical principles.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Well if there weren't any religion he probably wouldn't even KNOW Jesus so he can thank religion for that..

You can ALWAYS find love in any situation if you look hard enough.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by nineix

Well said! I still wonder how in the 21st century anyone can think otherwise, but if it makes people's lives meaningful and as long as it inspires them in a positive way then there's no harm in it.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

There's a very interesting thread on the origins of manmade organised religion and a reason that religions have been manipulated and used to cause untold suffering throughout mankind's history -

ATS- All Roads Lead to Babylon - Mystery Babylon Demystified

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quadrivium
I stopped going to church years ago, often times I felt that others were putting on a show. I am a Christian who does not go to church.
Look through out history at the evils that have been done in the name of Organized religion, a lot of times people will use God as a means to get what THEY want.

So why do you still associate yourself with Christianity?

Though the Lord spoke of the Gentiles

Romans 9:25 As he says also in Hosea, “I will call them ‘my people,’ which were not my people; and her ‘beloved,’ who was not beloved.” 9:26 “It will be that in the place where it was said to them, ‘You are not my people,’ There they will be called ‘children of the living God.’”

He also spoke of them

Isaiah 26:10 Let favor be shown to the wicked, yet he will not learn righteousness. In the land of uprightness he will deal wrongfully, and will not see the LORD’s majesty. 26:11 The LORD, your hand is lifted up, yet they don’t see; but they will see your zeal for the people, and be disappointed. Yes, fire will consume your adversaries.

Why share in her sins?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by The Riley Family

I am a Christan because I believe Jesus lived and died for my sins.
I read and study the bible. Many listen to someone tell them what the bible says once a week without ever opening it themselves.
How many today, that call themselves Christians, would actually know Jesus if he came and tapped them on the shoulder?

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quadrivium

I am a Christan because I believe Jesus lived and died for my sins.
I read and study the bible. Many listen to someone tell them what the bible says once a week without ever opening it themselves.
How many today, that call themselves Christians, would actually know Jesus if he came and tapped them on the shoulder?

Where in the bible does it say believing in Christ makes you a Christian, or that you have to become one or claim to be one to be saved?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Well, consider the parable of the wheat and tares. Until the time of harvest they will grow in the same field, but then the tares will be thrown in in the fire.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

John 3:36

Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for Gods wrath remains on.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Not sure what you mean, could you explain your views a little more?

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Where in the bible does it say believing in Christ makes you a Christian, or that you have to become one or claim to be one to be saved?
The New Testament talks about people being rewarded for what they had to go through for the sake of his name. This implies that people associated themselves with the name of Christ, so calling yourself a Christian would be the way someone would do that today.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

It's alright i guess. Were supposed to gather together to fellowship and break bread together and worship together but if you can't thats cool. What matters is Jesus. Going to church and having pot lucks and banquets and worshipping together as we fellowship are the dress rehearsals for the marriage supper of the bride and groom, kinda like Rosh Hoshana, Yom Kippur, Sukkot etc. All you gotta do is just keep the faith, but sometimes it's easier having brothers and sisters to talk to instead of being the odd-man out or feeling like a wallflower. I didn't go to church for 14 years because i stumbled and fell, but that first time i stepped through the church doors it felt like i was the prodigal son come home after beign away 14 years.

Just stick with Jesus and you'll do fine.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join