It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney refuses to release tax returns. Is there a story here? Can anyone help?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Mitt Romney has refused to release his tax returns folks.

"I can tell you we follow the tax laws. And if there's an opportunity to save taxes we, like anybody else in this country, will follow that opportunity. But we don't have any current plans to release tax returns but never say never.

We'll see what the future holds. We've released, of course, all the information required by law -- which is a pretty extensive release. But down the road, we'll see what happens if I'm the nominee. I don't have any immediate plans to ... release tax returns but that may change in the future."

The entire story here-->
dailycaller.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by candcantiques

He should release those documents as soon as President Obama let's us look at his education records which he has never released.

I don't see a story here as long as he is complying with what he has to release.

Transparency, isn't that what Obama ran on and failed to produce and now Romney (who I am not supporting at the moment, btw) is being called out for doing the same thing our President has done?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

The story is he doesn't want people to know just how rich he is.

This is the same tactic Kerry used when he ran against G dub-ya.

It is hard to portray yourself as sympathetic to the common man when you are using $100 bills to wipe your rear.

Usually when a candidate doesn't release their tax records when running, they will decide to do so after being elected.
edit on 11-1-2012 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I think this is quite normal for most all candidates. When they do release them it's not before they are even nominated.

Look at Obama who spent huge sums of money to even hide his scholastic history and nearly everything about his past life. He even handed over his Law License to keep those records sealed. We know less about him than anyone ever I think.

We can expect the gloves to come off now and Obama if he think Romney will win, will have his little groupies spreading stuff all over the place and he will most certainly plant people to ask questions. Most of the MSM is in Obama's hip pocket. That makes it incumbent on us to do our homework always.

Obama has been campaigning on the taxpayers money and hoarding money for his run. He brags he will spend one billion. He even bought a campaign bus paid for by the taxpayers. I can't recall anyone else having that much disregard or hubris.

new topics

top topics

join