It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Interference??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2003 @ 04:10 PM
link   
"Explanation: Nominated for most mysterious star in the Milky Way, V838 Monocerotis briefly became one of the brightest stars in our galaxy. Its outburst discovered in January 2002, observations have indicated that V838 Mon somehow transformed itself over a period of months from a small under-luminous star a little hotter than the Sun, to a highly-luminous, cool supergiant star -- defying the conventional understanding of erupting stars and stellar life cycles. In this spectacular image, one of a series recorded last year by the Hubble Space Telescope, the dimmed V838 Mon is surrounded by an "expanding" nebula. But the nebula is actually a series of light echoes from formerly unseen shells of dust up to light-years in diameter. Previously ejected, the intricate shells progressively reflect light as it reaches them from V838 Mon's outbursts. Astronomers anticipate that light echoes from farther out in the dust envelope will continue to be visible until about 2010. Some estimates now place V838 Mon about 20,000 light-years from planet Earth."

antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Saw this image and explanation on the Zeta thread and the following is something I have often wondered. Has this star been subject to manipulation from alien entities for some unknown reason. Is it possible that things we see going on and take place are sometimes the result of galactic warfare, blowing up suns to get commodities, changing it to make a system habitable, or just alien manipulation in the universe?

Or is it all down to good old fashioned physics��.

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 05:47 AM
link   
No takers?

(watches sink like lead ballon)

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I liked the picture. That is all i have to say though. lol

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 05:58 PM
link   
One last damn time and I`ll let it drop.

Scientists see something going on but how sure are they its a reuslt of natural process? Is our understanding of the universe coloured by aliens changing their own habitats out there? Could it be that Einstein, Hawking et al have had their theories Fkuced up by alien interference?

Will no one other than the Pizza lover take me up here, or am I just way off? If I`m way off let me know

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Its possible, I suppose. But you would first need to infer that aliens are real, that there are races scientifically advanced enough to do so. Personally, I wouldnt doubt such a scenario as you have presented. On the other hand, it would be nice if we could even get official confirmation of an extraterrestrial virus, never mind proxima centarians shooting a death ray into the star of their enemies. It is an interesting hypothesis, and as one who likes to day dream a bit, I find it intruiging. It would even make for some good science fiction writing that I have dabbled in from time to time.

The problem between saying such a thing is possible, and saying such a thing is occurring is directly a function of the ridicule factor and a direct correlation to the "mentalist" wave chart. (Mentalist ie. coo coo)

For example, I find the theory of reptoidfs intruiging. The one that says they were a species of dinosaur that escaped extinction by surviving underground, adapting to that enviornment and continuing to evolve to present day today, to where their technology is a million years ahead of ours. And that is just the main trunk of the theory, there are many, many branches. I keep an open mind to the possibility to a point. At this point I must consider "There is not one single shred of proof that this is a fact". Indeed, the idea is laughable. Thus the ridicule factor.

So do I say that I keep an open mind to the possibility that reptoids exist, even if one in a hundred million? A fools wager to be sure, but I like to keep life interesting. But at the same time if the qus=estion was posed to me, "Do reptoids exist?" and I have to answer do I believe, yes or no, my answer is no, but with a little more leeway my answer is maybe, but highly improbable.

The same line of reasoning must be applied to the zeta theory. Yes, we see a stellar phenomenon that we cannot explain. Does that mean its aliens fighting an intergalactic war, shooting death rays into the stars of their enemies solar systems? Given what we know, the answer is the same. Maybe, but most likely not.

Thats not to say that perhaps some day we will find out that it is indeed the case, that the star was zapped. Its just that right now, to keep an open yet somewhat scientific mind set, we must also be prepared to accept the more likely answer, "No, its just a stellar process we havent predicted yet".

Theres a good web site for these types of things, particularly for the solar end of things. It is called www.cyberspaceorbit.com... Its a busy web site, very enjoyable reading even if alot of it must be taken with a grain of salt. The web master there at one point was stating that solar torpedoes were being fired into the sun for the purpose of either jumpstarting the nuclear reactions or shooting bad aliens that were coming into the solar system through the sun etc.. It was something along those lines.

To most people, it sounds insane. But there is that infintesimal chance, "What if hes right?" Personally I love the solar phenomenon aspects of his site so I am an ardent follower there. But I am not going to go out in a public lecture, present my credentials, and say " Sun cruisers are shooting the sun".... when in all likelyhood what is probably being witnessed are comets heading into the sun. Thats the most likely explanation. Sorry if I got a bit long winded, But the short of it is I suppose, dont keep your mind so open that your brains fall out nor so closed it has no room to grow.

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 09:23 PM
link   
perhaps g w let it slip out inadvertantly that there might actually be other life out there...

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 04:07 AM
link   
"as one who likes to day dream a bit, I find it intruiging"

WoS pretty much what you say rings true for how I see it. The idea was more for speculation than hard fact. I shall continue to dream of kilometres long mega ships directing their giga death rays into the heart of stars......

(Cheers for the webiste WoS had n`t seen it before)

[Edited on 23-4-2003 by cassini]

posted on Apr, 23 2003 @ 09:13 AM
link   
No.

It's part of stellar life cycles. If you doubt me, go ask on Bad Astronomy (www.badastronomy.com) board and the astronomers will give you more than enough data to prove it's natural.

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 04:56 AM
link   
"No.

It's part of stellar life cycles. If you doubt me, go ask on Bad Astronomy (www.badastronomy.com) board and the astronomers will give you more than enough data to prove it's natural."

Byrd. Byrd, Byrd you always have to come along and spoil the fun. Believe me I go to the boards on bad astronomy (you`ll even find me there as Cassini if I chip in which is rarely). Just speculation, terra forming of the universe by early gods?

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: cassini

What kills me is people making posts on sites where people believe in aliens calling others on the site crazy. Am I missing something? If you're really that narrow minded you shouldn't be posting

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Jaybyrd1951

Serious zombie thread here but did someone call someone crazy here?
edit on 10/3/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2015 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Monocerotis sounds like something sheep dip was invented for and likely to be painful...

posted on Oct, 4 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: cassini

I found your post regarding V838 interesting and found William One Sac's post reassuring. I've long wondered what supports the widespread theory that highly advanced species would perpetuate wars with one another, even to the extent of destroying stars, when there's so much space out there, so many opportunities for expanding one's turf (if that's necessary to do)? Is this just our species projecting its own behaviors out into other inhabited worlds whose nature we can't really imagine otherwise than in terms of our own brief history? My question is why would advanced species behave the way we typically do? I do like the idea you mentioned that such massive displays could be the effects of engineered changes in a region in space to produce a more viable environment for expansion. That sounds like it would require a Type 3 civilization, but why not? Lots of time and space to work with.

top topics

join