It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YouTube Video Showing Marines Urinating on Dead Taliban to be Investigated

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
These Marines have probably been through hell so this problem goes beyond these few people. This is what happens when you condition people as killing machines and send them to foreign lands to fight your corporate wars. The guy on the far left has a huge smile and is laughing. These guys are probably just finding ways to cope with the emotions they're going through but it doesn't make it acceptable.

The Marine Corps is promising to investigate a disturbing web video that appears to show Marines in Afghanistan urinating on the bloody corpses of alleged Taliban fighters, officials at the Pentagon said Wednesday.

The 40-second clip, titled “US Marines Peeing on Dead Taliban,” has spread to numerous websites, attracting thousands of views and hundreds of comments — some of them criticizing the men in the video and condemning the Marine Corps at large. A caption on one site, Shock&Awe Entertainment, identifies them as scout snipers assigned to 3rd Battalion, 2nd Marines, out of Camp Lejeune, N.C.

Marine officials are working to confirm the men’s unit and identities, said Capt. Kendra Hardesty, a Marine spokeswoman at the Pentagon. Once that information is verified, their unit will assign an officer to conduct the investigation, she said.

I hope these guys get help, there is still hope for them.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I hope these guys get help, there is still hope for them.

For what? Is it the killing part? Or the peeing part you are supposed to be disgusted at?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I certainly am not justifying these actions but war does terrible things to human beings....I can only wonder what the outcome of seeing dead people so often does to one persons mind....throw in a pack mantality and it's a recipe for disaster...I'm sure this happened often during the past world wars especially with the germans after the concentration camps were identified....I'm quite confident a lot of bad things were done to german soldiers and vice versa...we just couldn't film it then

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Honestly, both bother me, but the urinating after the murder part is what really got to me.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I don't know what's more idiotic: taking a leak on a dead soldier, or recording it..?

And where's the courage in that one..? Try doing that to a live Taliban operative without back-up and then it might be worth filming...

Either way

edit on 11-1-2012 by facelift because: change recording to filming

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
it says its a dead taliban fighter. So this guy was shoot, trying to kill our guys and are guys got him first. If it was the other way around and the taliban won this fight, and killed our marines, they would cut off our marines privets and put them in his mouth. So peeing on this dead tali is no big deal to me, wrong, but im not going to go crazy over it.
edit on 11-1-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Fine example we are setting as the "leaders of the free world"....don't mess with us or we will occupy your country and p--s on your bloodied corpses.

Seriously. That is really #ed up.

If it was the other way around and the taliban won this fight, and killed our marines, they would cut off our marines privets and put them in his mouth.

That does, in absolutely no way what so ever, justify this. Reprehensible. Disgusting. Humiliating. The founders are not rolling over in their graves, they got out of them, puked, and then defected to Canada.
edit on 11-1-2012 by clowdstalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

In case you weren't aware of this it's their country and those Marines are invaders, they should have some dignity and respect. Is this a defense mechanism for some of you to justify these actions?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

Yeah I can't get why the heck someone would record this...would the person expect that all that viewed it would be like "Hooray"?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
it says its a dead taliban fighter. So this guy was shoot, trying to kill our guys and are guys got him first. If it was the other way around and the taliban won this fight, and killed our marines, they would cut off our marines privets and put them in his mouth. So peeing on this dead tali is no big deal to me, wrong, but im not going to go crazy over it.

That's not really a valid point. The "they would do it so I have no problem with it" attitude is the reason the majority of human beings nowadays are f***ed up.

I thinkit's disgusting that there was a war in the first place, but to take the people you murdered and piss on their corpses? Reminds me of what a chav (or in the US, a pathetic "rebellious" teen) would do.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

In case you weren't aware of this it's their country and those Marines are invaders, they should have some dignity and respect. Is this a defense mechanism for some of you to justify these actions?

If they had dignity and respect they would not be shooting at each other in the first place. Its WAR

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by domasio

Originally posted by camaro68ss

That's not really a valid point. The "they would do it so I have no problem with it" attitude is the reason the majority of human beings nowadays are f***ed up.

I thinkit's disgusting that there was a war in the first place, but to take the people you murdered and piss on their corpses? Reminds me of what a chav (or in the US, a pathetic "rebellious" teen) would do.

spill pigs blood on the corpses, then watch this war end really fast. its what they did in the Philippine war in 1899

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Disgusting. They deserve the same done to them.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Well they know who they are, and probably we all will know soon, one way or another. BTW soldiers always like to document their deeds in some pictorial way or another. In a Belfast barrack, one wall had a huge mural of a Vauxhall car and dead teenagers. They had previously shot and killed them after running a road check. They were joyriders and not terrorists, didn't stop the mural though.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

given the chance...i would have done the same thing...

now excuse my i gotta take a leak

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Where are the "taliban fighters'" guns? I see a water bottle and a wheelbarrow, but no guns.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
Where are the "taliban fighters'" guns? I see a water bottle and a wheelbarrow, but no guns.

now if the Taliban fighter was unarmed then its messed up. but if we was firing at me....fair game in my eyes

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments, queries or concerns to the ongoing

discussion.

Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics