It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marines Humiliating Dead Taliban Insurgents.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
pissing on dead insurgents. george washington must be proud of the military he founded.

those soldiers are lost beyond hope if they don't see anything wrong with that.

they disgrace the memory of millions.

they should bury them. that's it. you're supposed to be a professional military. if you're human you should feel great apprehension at the thought of war.
edit on 11-1-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

Actually no, burying the dead is kind of an honoring the dead.
That is not the job of the Military.
Let the locals take care of those that fight the US Military.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
It's amazing how quickly some are willing to sacrifice their humanity once an "enemy" is declared.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Oh yeah I forgot

Semper fi marines

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

No, no it is not.
Comparing one to the other is the farthest stretch I have ever heard of.

Meh for you.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Humiliation is an emotion only living people can feel.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Only look to Washington and the people in charge.

those people make the decision to go to war.
very true.

but you got the final say.
there's no shame in dropping your weapon when a war is unjust.
it makes you that much more of a man. (at least in my eyes it does)

the real terrorists are homegrown ones.
ironically i'm going to reference you to your own quote.

Only look to Washington and the people in charge.

Need we go into detail about that?

not really no.
edit on 11-1-2012 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
And some still wonder why the entire World is not in love with the US.

You can't stand behind a flag, the constitution, bill of rights and a pledge to protect the helpless while pissing on corpses and blowing up innocent men, women, children and yes, even dogs.

These are true cowards that would piss themselves if they didn't have a uniform, gun and some equally screwed up buddies behind them. Get them alone and the tears will start flowing....

You never gain respect while being disrespectful.

Peace

edit on 11-1-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-1-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

Agreed.

To be respected, one must first be respectful IMO

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

No, there is no courage in signing and pledging to the Military, and then dropping your gun in protest.
That is called many other things.
AWOL, Treason, Failure to obey Lawful Command and so on.

We, in this, are discussing urinating on dead insurgents, that were in all likelihood just trying to kill the US Military Members shown here.
Big deal.
Show me the mistreatment of the living, and then there is a different point, argument and thread all together.

Again, maybe showing things like this might defer an insurgent from challenging the Marines.

I guess a suggestion to go back to older style warfare like a head on a pike, could be a deterrent, that could save more lives on both sides.

Before you respond though, with something along the lines that I am mean, or Neanderthal, please read my screen name and the words below it.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Show me the mistreatment of the living, and then there is a different point, argument and thread all together.

LOL

my 2nd post mate

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Finally we have proof that the US is supplying insurgents with heavy water...

... Highly enriched urinium... anyway...

Oh the humanity, a bit of piss! Shooting at someone causes them to dislike you, apparently. I hope that none of you ever come across one of the dozens of jolly videos showing Taliban removing the heads from live Afghans.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Stuff like this has been going on since, well...since war. That does not make it right, or less disgusting. It just means it has been going on.

This is just my 2 cents as to the reason.

Case one, a guy is attacking you in close quarters and its clear it is either you or him so you kill him. You were justified in what you did, you did it to save your life.

Case two, the same guy is 100 yards away, maybe 500, maybe a dot on a screen. You could get away if you wanted, you don't *have* to kill him to save your life or the life of someone you love. If you think of him as a guy just like you - its going to be hard to kill him. If you dehumanize him and think him something that deserves death it may be easier.

What you see is the result of that dehumanization of the enemy.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Soshh

I hope that none of you ever come across one of the dozens of jolly videos showing Taliban removing the heads from live Afghans.

this in no way justifies what these soldiers are doing.

edit on 11-1-2012 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Wait...didn't the White House just say that the taliban and al-queda are not the enemy?

This cant be...they are friendlies...not enemies!

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 11-1-2012 by jerryznv because: ...

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

Not justifying, but it puts it in the perspective of "Not an issue".

The dead are the dead.

Shed a tear for the living.

There are bigger things going on, then worrying about stuff like this.

I guess spitting on the dead is just as bad.

edit on 11-1-2012 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Why do you not put your high and mighty standards on the Talibans behaviour with captured troops and civillians?

Or is it ok for them to do what they like because you see then as uncivilised retards. Or perhaps with your anti military attitude its because your sympathy lays with the enemy?

Boo fricken hoo, those poor righteous freedom fighters, who just moments before was trying to KILL my countrymen are dead and getting peed on *sob*

Well sometimes, when ya gotta go ya gotta go..

Semper fi
edit on 11-1-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Being former military, I can say, I have seen many horrendous acts done by my fellow soldiers, though, pale in comparison to what a co-worker showed me. He just got back to the states, has hundreds of photos and 20 some videos showing him and his platoon beheading the dead and placing them on poles around the villages. Rape on tape he has.
Urinating on the dead is just as serious.

We, are imposing our rules on others but, don't need to follow our own rules?

What are we, as soldiers of the USA, supposed to do with the dead bodies of war?

They shall further ensure that the dead are honourably interred, if possible according to the rites of the religion to which they belonged, that their graves are respected, grouped if possible according to the nationality of the deceased, properly maintained and marked so that they may always be found. For this purpose, they shall organize at the commencement of hostilities an Official Graves Registration Service, to allow subsequent exhumations and to ensure the identification of bodies, whatever the site of the graves, and the possible transportation to the home country. These provisions shall likewise apply to the ashes, which shall be kept by the Graves Registration Service until proper disposal thereof in accordance with the wishes of the home country.

We need to take care of the families in our own backyard, oh, but wait, the US Goverment already pissed on them, so I guess its ok. Yeah, cool video, USA.

P.S. the quote is from the Geneva Convention, all humans have basic rights, dead or alive. Else we, as humans, are the "Bad guys" and need to be eliminated.
edit on 11-1-2012 by RkAngel because: Bad Spelling

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Cry me a river! Come on! Their behavior is less than desired, but the Taliban is no better. War is war, and people do some nutty things out in the field. So they urinated on dead Taliban insurgents? What is the harm in that really? They are dead! Besides their chain-of-command will probably not be to thrilled about this conduct anyway. Chances are they will get some form of punishment. Not necessarily good behavior when they want to win the hearts and minds? With that, I just don't see what the hoopla is over this?

I wonder what they would do to the remains of US military personnel killed in battle? Maybe drag them through the streets, heave off a head, or some other form of grizzly behavior? War is war, and many of us can only imagine what things are like over there while in the comfort of our mother's basements, dens, or bedrooms in front of the computer. I am not going to lose much sleep over some Marines giving golden showers to the deceased members of the enemy. That is just me though. If others are appalled by this and chances are some are. Maybe they should go on a little adventure to the Afghan bush, and see what it is like to get shot at all the time, or have a friend mutilated by an IED, or other dramatic events associated with combat? Kind of hard to keep a level head under those circumstances? Just food for thought. For those who want to toil over this? Toil on . . .

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Human dignity and emotional stress aside,
I think I just saw the first unedited penis on youtube

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

If you're countrymen didn't drop bombs on their villages and then send ground troops in maybe we wouldn't have this problem. All the opium and rare minerals are a guarantee we will have a presence there for a long time. Some of you are conditioned with a false defense mechanism that automatically causes you to minimize these actions.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Where are the "taliban fighters'" guns? I see a water bottle and a wheelbarrow, but no guns.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join