It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mods.....Can we open a new category for the "sounds"?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
Yes! We need a new section about this! We did it for BP, so why not this?

And Japan because of the reactors and earthquake
been a long time i didnt see any new thread on japan
it is not a la mode anymore ?

Another forum should be created
because these sounds are far from over

wonder what will be the icon for the strange sound forum

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Its a shame to hear that this request has already been denied.

Yes, its true that most members don't even bother with a search which creates part of the problem. I will add, however, that I find the search feature remarkable rudimentary and not suited to the task it is suppose to perform. Unless the search terms are extremely unique to a single event, etc., it is a nightmare. Just one example - the thread creation date doesn't appear, which seems pretty basic to me as necessary information when trying to use the search to responsibly to try and eliminate creating a duplicate thread - or to try and hone in on the most recent threads within a search.

Having reported phenomena that ATS is trying to learn about as a community seems to be the goal. This particular example is one that has been posted in multiple forums - Fragile Earth, Paranormal, 2012, and probably others. The combination of not having a single forum for the threads and the lack of a good search tool results in our not being able to make the most of our community interest and resources. That's a shame.

I see a "master linking" thread has been started and offered as a work around to these limitations. Work arounds can help - but they are called work arounds for a reason. They are working around obstacles instead of reducing/eliminating them. I think we can do better.

StealthyKat - thank you for all your time and effort, specifically on this topic. I know that many members benefit from your efforts - and I am one of them.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Nothing has been denied or approved. It is still being discussed.

In the mean time, all new videos, stories and any discussion can be added to - THIS THREAD - or to one of the other many existing threads.....but there really is no need to start an entirely new thread to discuss this phenomenon!
edit on January 18th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
OMG!
a post about the sound posts!
I am going to start a poast about the post about the sound posts.
then some one can start a post about that!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I support that idea.

I'd also like to see one for Crop Circles too.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
good idea

i think there's more threads than that though

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I didn't know that StealthyKat had asked for such a request until I read it on TrueAmerican's latest thread about this new phenomena.

While I understand - as stated by GEL - that it is still being discussed, I would like to mention that I also agree with StealthyKat's request. I am trying to pinpoint where those sounds are coming from worldwide (to try and associate with other phenomenons) and having the threads all over the place makes it extremely difficult. There are just too many of them, and if I am not wrong, they will only increase in numbers as time goes by.

There are obvious sound hoaxes but there are also legit sounds that seem to be precursors to a new planetary anomaly.

Just sharing my honest opinion.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I agree with the request, I have never posted in the "strange noises heard around the world threads" because it is impossible to keep up with them and digest what you are watching, hearing, and most importantly reading.
Regards, Iwinder

top topics

<< 1   >>

join