It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Policeman knocks woman out while baby is on sidewalk.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82
The officer used excessive force, once again. S.F.P.D., I see.
With that said... Was she resisting arrest?
Was the officer's actions effective in making her compliant?
Don't resist arrest, cooperate with authorities and it won't happen to you.

I like how you agree so you can disagree. It's kind of like saying:

"Yeah, I agree... but I must say that i disagree"

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Good thing the baby didn't resist arrest. Little thing would have got KO'd as well...

"RESISTING!!, RESISTING!!"

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
She could have prevented this from happening to her if she just got in the car.

It's easy to blame the police when you see something like this but would it have happened if she got in the car?

I don't know how you can train people to deal with belligerence like she was showing without getting pissed off.

“An illegal arrest is an assault and battery. The person so attempted to be restrained of his liberty has the same right to use force in defending himself as he would in repelling any other assault and battery.” (State v. Robinson, 145 ME. 77, 72 ATL. 260).

“An arrest made with a defective warrant, or one issued without affidavit, or one that fails to allege a crime is within jurisdiction, and one who is being arrested, may resist arrest and break away. lf the arresting officer is killed by one who is so resisting, the killing will be no more than an involuntary manslaughter.” Housh v. People, 75 111. 491; reaffirmed and quoted in State v. Leach, 7 Conn. 452; State v. Gleason, 32 Kan. 245; Ballard v. State, 43 Ohio 349; State v Rousseau, 241 P. 2d 447; State v. Spaulding, 34 Minn. 3621.

constitution.org

People keep saying just do what the police say and they won't have to beat on you. What ever happened to standing up for Your constitutional RIGHTS?

This video doesn't have enough information for us to know whether the arrest was lawful or unlawful but she very well may have been within her Rights to resist and the officers were in the wrong.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Of course she did not cooperate, she had her baby just being left in the street! Maybe she just wanted to make sure the baby will be ok? (just assuming there was a baby left behind)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Adamanteus

I'm afraid that little document is obsolete, sir.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Sure, she was putting up some resistance, but who wouldn't if it meant abandoning your baby on the sidewalk? No one was paying her infant child the slightest attention.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Mentally challenged but knows enough to sue! Some are just looking for these opportunities by resisting!

Posted for video of mentally challenged person on the bus?..

edit on 11-1-2012 by I See You because: info pertaining to video posted about mentally challenged

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by causeimalive

Since everyone is on the "Police are bad" bandwagon...take another look at the vid...when the other officer moves to the other side to control her legs because she was refusing to get in the car, it looks like to me she bit his left arm. What would you do? As far as the law goes I believe that is "serious injury" and the officers response was correct. Would YOU like a chunk of your arm missing? How about Hepatitis??? Lets everyone take another long look at that one.

I would really like it if just one of you that posted negative things..especially the OP...just made a phone call or investigated some more, then..make a phone call to the dept and apologize to the officer

edit on 11-1-2012 by paearmor because: cant spell!!!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Romanian

Geez u people..do you really think an American Police Officer is going to leave an infant unattended on the street after an arrest???

reeeeeeaallly lame

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
The woman like most that have been assualted by an officer should have just done as they asked. Nothing would have happened and no story here. She put her own child in danger by not listening to the officer. We don't know why she was arrested in the first place. You get what you ask for.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
reply to post by Adamanteus

I'm afraid that little document is obsolete, sir.

of course it is since Law enforcement,politicians and even the citizenry use the Constitution as toilet paper. Unless it serves them to use it for their own gains.

They can pass any statute they want that tells You they have the right to treat You how ever they want but their claims do not negate the constitution, and their statutes are not LAW.
edit on 11-1-2012 by Adamanteus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by I See You
....You get what you ask for.

That goes for the cops who overstep their bounds, and all those who support them and never question anything.

You get what you ask for.
edit on 11-1-2012 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
The Constitution tells us to resist tyranny yet the tyrants keep passing even more tyrannical laws/rules/statutes while we sit back and do nothing, Land of the free? I think not we are a nation of slaves.

I have a friend who just came back from Jamaica and when they pass a law down there that the citizens don't like the whole country shuts down until the law gets repealed. No one goes to work they close all the businesses and everyone gets out in the street raising hell until the law is no more. THAT is how it's supposed to be in THIS country but we all lost our courage sometime since this country was founded.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

She got what she asked for and for officers who overstep their bounds as well when deserved. I question much and know reason.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by paearmor
reply to post by causeimalive

Since everyone is on the "Police are bad" bandwagon...take another look at the vid...when the other officer moves to the other side to control her legs because she was refusing to get in the car, it looks like to me she bit his left arm. What would you do? As far as the law goes I believe that is "serious injury" and the officers response was correct. Would YOU like a chunk of your arm missing? How about Hepatitis??? Lets everyone take another long look at that one.

I would really like it if just one of you that posted negative things..especially the OP...just made a phone call or investigated some more, then..make a phone call to the dept and apologize to the officer

I considered what you said, then looked at the video 3 more times. I frankly did not see her bite him. What I see, is the police officer placing his hand on her neck then throwing her down.

If he was indeed bit by the woman, then you think the first thing he would do after she's KO'd is check his hand/forearm for blood or marks, but he doesn't. He just puts his hands to his sides and looks at the woman. It's possible, but I'm not seeing it on this one.

Geez u people..do you really think an American Police Officer is going to leave an infant unattended on the street after an arrest???

reeeeeeaallly lame

Yea, they really kept 'eyes on' the whole time. Not.
Doesn't look like a safe area either.

edit on 11-1-2012 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Bad news, yes I believe. A lot of people across the world started to have this image about the US police, and somehow fear to ever visit your country. I might be totally wrong but this is what I believe. Maybe people should start a positive thread about police so you can change the perception, not our fault lol

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Funny how people talk trash about the police until they need them. I for one respect police officers and know how much we need them. They are much needed and a few bad apples should not sway you. Imagine a world or just a city without them?!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

Because all was avoidable by her just doing as she was asked! She did not so she got what she asked for!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join