It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sky Sounds - information required please

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
OK - this is not another thread with a sound, but given that we have them springing up everywhere I thought it would be beneficial if ALL those people who have heard/recorded this sound can help in completing this spreadsheet I have created on google docs.

Sky Sounds Spreadsheet

Please add columns if they are relevant to the information.
Also - any sounds that sound like underground or unknown source.
I thought it easier to do a new thread than try and type this into each existing thread.

The goal here is to identify how often these are happening.
If you heard an incident but don't have a recording - please also note it down as it will give the bigger picture.

Once we have a reasonable collection of data, maybe then we can start to put an overview together as to the following
- When it is is happening
- Is the one event being heard truly across countries, geographic areas etc, and how widespread is it.
- Does the location prove it cannot be a localised event such as fracking, figher jets.
- Are they all the exact same sound
amongst other questions people may come up with...

It may be difficult, but ideally we would need the expertise of some users on here who have skills in the relevant areas, like sound recordings, research for other possible causes, local knowledge.

I have to be completely honest, and say that this whole sound thing is beyond intriguing and I would love to be able to collectively get a 100% answer as to what it is - as I am sure others would be.

I myself have heard the sound just once, in warwickshire UK a month or so ago - very unnerving sound. Didn't record it as was ill in bed, but it was unquestionably the sound seen in numerous videos.

PLEASE - I am only really interested in input from people who have experienced it, or those that can contribute towards an answer. If you have neither I would be very grateful if you would just not add to the thread at all.

Thanks in advance for the (hopefully) great input on this.
edit on 11-1-2012 by facchino because: added a line re more sounds - not just sky sounds.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
what if it sounded like it was coming from underground?
do you want to track that too?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by horseplay

Yes please - sorry possibly a misleading title.
Pretty much anything that fits the bill of these sounds people have been hearing, as some have said it sounds aerial, some from ground..will see if I can edit it to fit.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
You may also be interested in this map which user have been logging locations that they heard the sound.

Link to map

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
looks like you're filling up already.
I'm going to follow this one, very good idea I think.
hope lots of people notice it.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by thestinger

ooohh, sweet !
OP, how you going to map all this?
or just keep it in a spreadsheet? of course, you can do alot with a spreadsheet. (I just took a class on it and my mind is still spinning with graphs and stuff)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I think my intention is to get a fairly decent amount of data in a spreadsheet - then map it all out, but also try and do some clever stuff with the SS itself like graphs on times of day, locations etc.
Not 100% yet - but am sure there are more intelligent people on here than me who can come up with some solid suggestions for how to map it all out properly...

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by thestinger

Thanks - that is an awesome map.
You know the thing that leaps out the page at me on that map, is the fact that the incidents are almost entirely in 2 stripes running at 30 degree angles, so from australia upwards through USA and europe, then if you imagine a similar stripe with a few thousand miles below it and that is where all the other incidents are happening.
Not a single thing in most of South America, africa, Russia, middle and far east? Hugely populated and yet nothing? Cannot be right can it?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Great idea! I added one more...and will continue to do so....I'll spread the word about your thread....cheers!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by facchino

This strange sound this frustrating to me as an audio engineer. I've tried to analyze it with equalization but every recording is in some kind of compressed, lossy format because of youtube. If somebody got me a .wav or other kind of unaltered format, I could accurately listen to it and figure out it's sonic structure.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Tarrasque

Well I would say if people used their mobiles but did a voice recording as opposed to a video? I know on an iPhone I can record just sounds, which could then be easily converted into .wav file for you to analyse...
I suspect pretty much any other smartphone has the same feature built in...

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Im sorry i dont have a recording,but i have heard this down here in Africa,in Mpumalanga Province,i live bout 40 clix from the provincial capital,Nelspruit..and yes,on overclouded days.Well,we never see the sky much anymore,lately its ALWAYS overclouded-but its not thunder,cus these clouds never bring rain,just a constant cover,sometimes 24/7 for days on end..also there are no flight paths over us,the only aircraft ever comes close,is the chopper for the gold,that flies in bout once a week or less often. (We live on a goldmine out in the Bush) A low rumbling..ive heard it on a few occasions now+always when its overclouded,last time(2weeks ago+-) lasted bout 45mins-an hour,but it was aready going on by the time i went outside.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

One more thing,me+my daughters heard a sound from underground bout 3months ago,they only heard it but i felt it too,its hard to describe:like a giant stone door being opened,grating,stone against stone.We were getting into the car+i felt this rumbling,like in the marrow of my bones..very hard to describe,its frustrating.I assumed it could be from the mining excavations,but the hubby said the actual mining operations act take place miles off to the East,and never,in 8years have we felt or heard anything..except this..i dont know if this is of any worth,if not my apologies.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
If it's ok with the op,can I add that there is a petition started asking the government for answers?

Demand an answer about persistent strange rumbling noises coming from the sky

www.thepetitionsite.com...

Nevermind,I just noticed it was closed.
edit on 11-1-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

You or someone will have to post to this site occasionally so it stays current. Otherwise, there will only be the few here that are aware of it.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by thestinger
You may also be interested in this map which user have been logging locations that they heard the sound.

Link to map

interesting. I found a user/video on that map in colorado. im in colorado www.youtube.com... and have NEVER heard the sound....however, he is located about an hour and a half south of me....maybe because he is at 4700 ft and im at 6600 ft?

an hour and half is not that far.....yet i heard nothing! hmmmm

his comment...

@phoenixxtheory Yea this is the first time I have heard something like this. I am a CO native and have lived near airport landing paths most of my life. Im used to the military air-traffic as well as CO is thick with DoD land etc. This isn't something I have ever experienced before. I can understand why people would think this is a simply miss-ID of a simple jet and all I can say is that I've never heard this kind of jet before in all the years I've lived in CO.

edit on January 11th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Originally posted by thestinger

Link to map

interesting. I found a user/video on that map in colorado. im in colorado www.youtube.com... and have NEVER heard the sound....however, he is located about an hour and a half south of me....maybe because he is at 4700 ft and im at 6600 ft?

an hour and half is not that far.....yet i heard nothing! hmmmm

his comment...

@phoenixxtheory Yea this is the first time I have heard something like this. I am a CO native and have lived near airport landing paths most of my life. Im used to the military air-traffic as well as CO is thick with DoD land etc. This isn't something I have ever experienced before. I can understand why people would think this is a simply miss-ID of a simple jet and all I can say is that I've never heard this kind of jet before in all the years I've lived in CO.

edit on January 11th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

That's exactly what have been hearing here in Michigan. That is the closest video I have seen that shows pretty much what I have been hearing in the skies above me.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Hi

Is there any chance this thread can be Stickied? Would stop it disappearing and it becoming a fruitless exercise.
Also - please would you be able to get a message sent to ** all ** of ATS asking them if they have anything they can add to the thread.
I am keen to have one concerted effort on this, as it seems currently the volume of threads appearing on it means there is too much spread and duplication of data.

Thanks

F

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

No,in Africa too,South Africa,as a matter of fact,and a whole host of other occurences of UFO activity as well..believe me when i tell you,this joint is jumping! The hubby and i were watching UFO activity outside just 2 hours+- ago,for instance,its not even anything out of the ordinary anymore,in fact its strange to Not see some.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

How do i actualy add my location to this map,as ive heard the rumbling phenomena as well as numerous UFO sightings as well as interaction and a type of contact,so it might of some use?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join