It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New Jerusalem - The Holy City - Bigger than you think!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
This is a very interesting video. I am not sure if his math is perfect, but this does give us a good view of what the new city will be like. It's pretty exciting to think over. I remember looking up the length of a furlong once and remembered arriving at the same number he does. 1500 miles square. This guy puts it into a unique perspective.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
n i'll be able to fly in dec 2012

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
How about a little background to what is being talked about?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by 5ofineed5aladder

Read Revelation 21.

Wow, 1500 square miles is impressive... but 1500 miles tall? To put it into perspective, the diameter of the Earth is roughly 8000 miles. The outer layer of Earth's atmosphere - the exosphere - is only about 620 miles up. That would make the center of the city right around where oxygen ends and outer space begins, a modern day tower of Babel.
edit on 1/11/2012 by DarkKnight21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

New Jerusalem is going to be one huge starship bro. 1500 miles high it will be sticking out into space. Actually the majority of New Jerusalem will be in space and the base of the city will probably be the landing gear. No wonder we need bodies like the angels, there's no air in space. People just don't understand the scope of that city if they don't know that you hit vacuum 20 miles up. It aint a city it's a starship and a giant one at that...good grief...i hope i ain't a farmer in heaven 127 million acres is too much land for me.

Wow, i'm still trying to pick my eyes up off the floor they popped out of my sockets.
edit on 11-1-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
The sheer size and weight of the New Jerusalem dictates that it be located at one of the poles of the New Earth's rotation, if rotation still applies.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Just a thought, with the creation of a New Heaven and a New Earth, it's possible that the dimensions will change. The only reference to size is to the city being 1500 miles cubed. The New Earth may in fact be enlarged to accommodate a city of this size, scripture doesn't say one way or the other.

top topics

join