It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul says he's electable, hits 'mistake' by rivals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Well it all started with the Ron Paul Blackout. His support grew so far and fast, that blacking the good doctor out was no longer an option.

The MSM and the other GOPers adopted a new strategy - The Ron Paul is Not Electable Smear

Well, let's hear what RP has to say on the subject:

"I've been electable. I've won 12 elections already," the Texas congressman said on CBS' This Morning. "It's amazing that I do so much better than those other candidates that are all electable. They're in fourth, fifth and sixth place, but they're all electable. But I come in second or third and all of a sudden people say, 'Oh, he's not electable.' I don't know how that adds up."

It's clear that this is the main argument that the establishment and it's candidates have chosen to base everything on. I have to admit, it's been working. I'm now hearing this very phrase when discussing RP...

"I really like Ron Paul and I think he's got all the great ideas, but he's unelectable"

GASP! You don't say...we all know the sheeple (man I hate that term but oh well) will latch onto every phrase the media spits out to them and spew the same garbage back, so it's not any surprise to us.

So, what I propose is using the quote above from Dr. Paul himself to help argue your position to these people. It's quick and it makes sense. Back the statement up with as much info as your arsenal allows and let's get these people on the right side!

Anyway...back to the article:

I think Ron Paul is using the information below to his greatest advantage at the moment...

On MSNBC's Morning Joe program, Paul said his rivals made a "serious mistake" in taking on Romney's record of buying and selling companies, which sometimes led to layoffs. Paul, who has criticized Romney as being against small government, contends Bain Capital was practicing free enterprise.

"I just wonder whether they're totally ignorant of economics or whether they're willing to demagogue just with the hopes of getting a vote or two," Paul said on MSNBC.

Pretty good coverage and a good article all around. I especially loved the quote from RP about electability.

Source
edi t on 1/11/2012 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

I can imagine the headline now
"Ron Paul born in Georgia, not the state Georgia!"
Nice find!
"Not electable..." shakes head.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
He's clearly electable. By a small population of his constituents. I think when people say he's unelectable, they mean as the US president. Whether he's electable or not, people say that about nearly every candidate.

Barack Obama: Unelectable in March 2008

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
"Unelectable"? What does that even mean?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by blackrain17

waaayyyy off topic, but your signature is great, it definitely made me chuckle.

on topic though, i too would say 'unelectable' is just a term to sway votes, it has no real meaning.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

There is also the Slanderous Term being used by the MSM lately Labeling the Right Honorable Dr. Ron Paul " Kooky " . These Intellectually Challenged Talking Heads just cannot Fathom the Logic in his Approach to Foreign Policy , and the Dangers America faces Right Now with yet Another Possible War in the Middle East this time involving Iran , and or Syria . This Fox and Friends Interview earlier Today has Dr. Paul Defending his Stance on the Issue of Foreign Policy Yet Again to the Talking Dummies in those 3 Chairs .........

www.youtube.com...#!

edit on 11-1-2012 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

You forgot one...

Ewww...He's Daangerrrous!

I believe his answer is, "Yes, I'm dangerous to the status quo!"

The other one I find facinating is...

"He's to the left of Obama on Iran."

That's the best one yet and my 12 year-old brought this up to me. The GOP knocking Obama's foreign policy that's changed very little since the Bush / Cheney regime and attacking Paul for being to the "left" of it? Well, how much more to the "right" can we move from the current foreign policy?

You just can't make this stuff up.

edit on 1/11/2012 by maddog99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I was just watching a video from Judge Napolitano about how there was another Ron who was deemed as 'unelectable' at the time...good ole Ronny Reagan and look how it turned out for him....guess that whole 'unelectable' thing actually means HE WILL BE PRESIDENT

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I think when people say he's unelectable, they mean as the US president.

Two terms of George W Bush.

Daffy Duck could be POTUS.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

On MSNBC's Morning Joe program, Paul said his rivals made a "serious mistake" in taking on Romney's record of buying and selling companies, which sometimes led to layoffs. Paul, who has criticized Romney as being against small government, contends Bain Capital was practicing free enterprise. "I just wonder whether they're totally ignorant of economics or whether they're willing to demagogue just with the hopes of getting a vote or two," Paul said on MSNBC.
source

I was watching Morning Joe when that happened. When Ron said what he said, the talking heads were left speechless for several pregnant seconds, and finally someone recovered and changed the subject. Dr. Paul has found his voice now, and will not be tripped up so easily anymore. Does anyone think for a second he cannot take on Mitt, and Obama in a heated debate? My money, and my vote, is on Ron Paul. Mitt and Newt are plain company men, corporate shills, and their records show it. Ron Paul is about Liberty and Freedom, and money from Market Share rather than Debt.

new topics

top topics

join