It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are all of you real or just a biological robot someone made by someone?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I am not convinced that everyone is a human like i am... i think there is a conspiracy going on here that the government is refusing to tell everyone the truth.. that they are all just fake creations by someone or something.. for example.. how the heck does NASA know what planets 10 light years away look like if they've NEVER BEEN THERE? and a tiny ball of light is not convincing.

In conclusion i think i am in a dream matrix (in a false reality) and all of you are programmed to walk around all day and act important,
edit on 11-1-2012 by CrazyRaccoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrazyRaccoon
I am not convinced that everyone is a human like i am... i think there is a conspiracy going on here that the government is refusing to tell everyone the truth.. that they are all just fake creations by someone or something.. for example.. how the heck does NASA know what planets 10 light years away look like if they've NEVER BEEN THERE? and a tiny ball of light is not convincing.

In conclusion i think i am in a dream matrix (in a false reality) and all of you are programmed to walk around all day and act important,

we are all real, sorry to burst your bubble.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

But you didn't explain how NASA knows what planets look like

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by CrazyRaccoon

I do see what you're saying but this might better have been posted in Rant.
Possibly maybe?

"Will the real alien impostor with noodly appendages please stand up?"

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

They guess the atmossphere by the type of gases the planet has, they find what gas by analyzing the different colours they give out when you look at them.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Nasa has a bunch of tools to find out the composition of a planet and what its made out of .

the spectrum of light is a big indicator which helps them identify what a planet is made of .

the electro magnetic spectrum helps them understand what sort of radiation is being spit out into space

they have differnt telescopes with differnt filters to help them , amongest many other tools.

as far as we know we could be alien experiment left on earth to see how things unfold without them over seeing it , and letting roam our "free will" if you will

who knows what we are , where we are going , or how we got here . But eventually the curtian will be raised.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Looks like we have been rumbled guy's, it was fun while it lasted

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by yourboycal2

Okey then >__>

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Reading and educating yourself on the topics your interested in is your best bet. Since you have Internet access, learning on your own is pretty easy.

Actually all this science does not come from NASA. Mostly it is Universities working with NASA.

One thing I think you can be sure of is the people around you are in fact real. In fact what your saying sounds like paranoid delusions to the rest of us.
edit on 1/11/2012 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I fail to see what artificial people and exoplanet detection/analysis have to do with one another

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

i think there is a conspiracy going on here that the government is refusing to tell everyone the truth..

I'm sure you'll find the following of much interest...

Allegory of the Cave

Inside the cave:

In Plato's fictional dialogue, Socrates begins by describing a scenario in which what people take to be real would in fact be an illusion. He asks Glaucon to imagine a cave inhabited by prisoners who have been chained and held immobile since childhood: not only are their arms and legs held in place, but their heads are also fixed, compelled to gaze at a wall in front of them. Behind the prisoners is an enormous fire, and between the fire and the prisoners is a raised walkway, along which people walk carrying things on their heads "including figures of men and animals made of wood, stone and other materials". The prisoners watch the shadows cast by the men, not knowing they are shadows. There are also echoes off the wall from the noise produced from the walkway. Socrates suggests the prisoners would take the shadows to be real things and the echoes to be real sounds, not just reflections of reality, since they are all they had ever seen or heard. They would praise as clever whoever could best guess which shadow would come next, as someone who understood the nature of the world, and the whole of their society would depend on the shadows on the wall.

Release from the cave:

Socrates then supposes that a prisoner is freed and permitted to stand up. If someone were to show him the things that had cast the shadows, he would not recognize them for what they were and could not name them; he would believe the shadows on the wall to be more real than what he sees. "Suppose further," Socrates says, "that the man was compelled to look at the fire: wouldn't he be struck blind and try to turn his gaze back toward the shadows, as toward what he can see clearly and hold to be real? What if someone forcibly dragged such a man upward, out of the cave: wouldn't the man be angry at the one doing this to him? And if dragged all the way out into the sunlight, wouldn't he be distressed and unable to see "even one of the things now said to be true," viz. the shadows on the wall (516a)? After some time on the surface, however, the freed prisoner would acclimate. He would see more and more things around him, until he could look upon the Sun. He would understand that the Sun is the "source of the seasons and the years, and is the steward of all things in the visible place, and is in a certain way the cause of all those things he and his companions had been seeing" (516b–c). (See also Plato's metaphor of the Sun, which occurs near the end of The Republic, Book VI)[2]

Return to the cave:

Socrates next asks Glaucon to consider the condition of this man. "Wouldn't he remember his first home, what passed for wisdom there, and his fellow prisoners, and consider himself happy and them pitiable? And wouldn't he disdain whatever honors, praises, and prizes were awarded there to the ones who guessed best which shadows followed which? Moreover, were he to return there, wouldn't he be rather bad at their game, no longer being accustomed to the darkness? Wouldn't it be said of him that he went up and came back with his eyes corrupted, and that it's not even worth trying to go up? And if they were somehow able to get their hands on and kill the man who attempts to release and lead them up, wouldn't they kill him?" (517a)

of course.. you must take everything with a grain of salt and mill it around with your current understanding of reality, and all the research and wisdom you've accumulated. What's reasonable to some may sound insane to another... and vice versa.

Question authority. Think for yourself. -Leary.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
This question has been posted so many times on ATS that I am starting to feel that the posters are the ones that are not real. Robots programmed to repeat the same question.

I know I'm real because I just asked my wife and she said that I have to get off our real couch and shovel the real snow.

Now I'm PO'd...for real.

Peace

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Are all of you real or just a biological robot someone made by someone?

What's the difference? Are you real? How do you know? All your memories could have been written on your grey matter at the time of your manufacture and you'd never know the difference.

edit on 11-1-2012 by No_man4 because: edited for clarity

No one is real, and we all live in a dream matrix.
NASA doesn't know, they just think they do. They make very educated guesses, that's what makes them scientists.

edit on 11-1-2012 by No_man4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Game Over guys and gals ... Crazy Raccoon has figured us out and wants hang in in the abyss by himself. We can all go back to what we all like to do instead of playing bit parts in this guys all-knowing life.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by underduck

haha that cracked me up

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Okey then >__>

No one liners!

I think you will enjoy this documentary it gives you a wide array of philosophical views on reality , being , subtance , and the illusion of reality , check it out . might answer some of your questions , or better yet raise new ones

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Uh the embedding is disabled >_< and it's an hour long...lol

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Donny says...Robot

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
we are robots ... and nasa ... one word skynet !!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

They have really big telescopes. And if you think all those around you are not human you should see a therapist.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join