It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2nd Carrier Arrives Off Straits Of Hormuz

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by Subjective Truth

Then how do you know what they want or what they will do when pushed

Oh so you want to push them and when they defend themselves you want to say, see I was right they would attack?

There you go with your EGO again. It must be very hard for you to see simple truth in everyday life.

I will draw you a picture..........The US is broke it needs a war and it wants the oil also. If Iran does not back down they will be flung into the scrap heap of history just like the rest.

And no matter how much you cry and carry on will change this simple fact.
edit on 11-1-2012 by Subjective Truth because: (no reason given)

I hate to be the one to break it to you: The USA isn't broke and we don't need the oil.

Europe is broke and Europe does need the oil. Globalization is a Euro-trash scam to weaken and destroy the USA. All we have to do is place reasonable import/export tariff's to help "pay for the cost of government", deport the illegals and rebuild our own manufacturing capabilities= the USA will be doing just fine.

We have most of the natural resources we need. Oil, Gas, Coal, Thorium, Food, Water and still a nice amount of lumber. The USA is actually in a really, really good position still. Europe isn't though. This is about security for Europe and wealth for Europe. Or Government has been taken over by Europe-Centric traitors.

The number one threat to American Sovereignty has always been the British. We should be sending those carriers to the North Atlantic if anything.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
In fact, you said: "very, very, very good".

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMuri
I think sometimes people dont realize that the aircraft carrier is the center of a large area of ships, all of which have an aray of weapons to stop an attack aimed at the carrier or themselfs.

Exactly. Fairly untouchable even by an armada of incoming missiles (including ballistic). A lot of people forget that NATO forces trained against overwhelming odds including smaller gunships approaching strike groups.

The only thing the Iranians can do is attempt minor victories/attacks to embolden their position. In the meantime, real powers like China watch and modify their weapons for a confrontation in the South China Sea or Taiwan. The greatest problem with a Naval engagement with Iran is the intelligence that China/Russia will gleam from it.

Supercavitating torpedoes are the end to our Navy and our Carriers. Until a defense is established, whoever possesses this technology has the capability to bring down our fleets.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Dear michael1983l

Take it easy guys the young men and woman of the USS Abraham Lincoln CVN 72 are currently enjoying them selves in Pattaya Thailand.

www.hiv-aids-kids.org...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by wills120
Supercavitating torpedoes are the end to our Navy and our Carriers. Until a defense is established, whoever possesses this technology has the capability to bring down our fleets.

Well, that's fascinating because Iran is said to possess them, via Russia.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by maestromason

Let's do this!

Let's do this uh? What about you sign up right now for the military or your shut your mouth? You're basically cheering for the death of thousands of people and the crash of the world economy.

The sooner this happens the better. Let us get this out of the way!

It is inevitable, so do not blame me.

Let's do this!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

You forgot your recent history. Iran won't last much longer than Iraq did. The difference this time is that it might go global. As for Iran hitting one of our carriers, that's not very likely to happen. Those carriers are more protected than what you might think. The only way Iran will sink one or seriously damage it is if our government needs to give up a pawn in order to have a reason for war.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Originally posted by DankKing420
reply to post by seabag

maybe because its not a WEAPONS program?

What is uranium enriched beyond 20% used for?

Last time I checked it served only one purpose…weaponization.

You ever think of this...its none of your business.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Iran has successfully produced and tested fuel rods for use in its nuclear power plants, state television reported, as the country's military fired surface-to-air missiles during war games in the Strait of Hormuz.

Meanwhile, Iran's currency, the rial, slipped to a record low on Sunday, the day after the US imposed extra sanctions targeting the Islamic Republic's central bank and financial sector.

Source: Al Jazeera, 2012-01-02

The UN atomic agency has said that Iran is now enriching uranium to 20 per cent purity at a hard-to-bomb mountain bunker in Fordo.

Source: Al Jazeera, 2012-01-10

As tensions heat-up over Iran’s nuclear programme, and sanctions choke economic growth, Ahmadinejad is visiting Venezuela, Cuba, Ecuador and Nicaragua, countries that – in his words – “resist the oppression of the United States”.

Source: Al Jazeera, 2012-01-11

US officials have denied any role in the apparent killing of an Iranian nuclear scientist, and condemned the bomb attack which Tehran said was linked to Washington and Israel.

(...)

In Israel, a senior official said he was unaware who carried out Wednesday's attack which he called an act of "revenge".

"I don't know who took revenge on the Iranian scientist, but I am definitely not shedding a tear," Brigadier General Yoav Mordechai, a military spokesman, wrote on his official Facebook page.

Source: Al Jazeera, 2012-01-12
edit on 12-1-2012 by snowcrash911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by snowcrash911

I saw a story on CNN today about the nuclear scientists that keep dying in Iran... Very strange, I wonder if this is the United States or if it is just careless actions on the scientists part...Obviously the US is denying that they had any involvement in these deaths...My guess, it was Mossad...

www.cnn.com...

edit on 12-1-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537

I saw a story on CNN today about the nuclear scientists that keep dying in Iran... Very strange, I wonder if this is the United States or if it is just careless actions on the scientists part...Obviously the US is denying that they had any involvement in these deaths...

www.cnn.com...

It's definitely Israel doing it... They feel extremely threatened and the overzealous response by Mossad is evident. It's what Israel thinks is feasible in lieu of airstrikes, which Obama did not want.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by Acid_Burn2009

Have they tried to launch 100 missiles at it in a real live test simulation where it succeeded? If each missile was launched at the same range and time, each target will have the same priority. The computer classifies the target according to speed, angle, range etc...if each target has the same priority then the computer has a difficult time deciding which one to shoot first because it wont matter. Conclusion = dead carrier.

I take it you have served on a carrier? You sure seem to think you know about the systems. Did ya ever think we might have some tech we were holding on to just for a occasion like this?

Kinda like flying into a country with a stealth helicopter. BY the way how did that work out did the bad guys win?

It was one 'bad guy' ,,,,,, ,and a bunch of woman.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Panetta says they aren't developing nukes, contrary to what I hear around here.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

And you say relationships were "very, very good" in 2002?

Ok I just didn't have the good year. Well then the Iran-US relations were very good up to January 2002. I did say it was Bush's axis of evil speech... I just didn't look up the date.

And yeah I know all about the 1979 thingee. Well that happened because the US had put a brutal dictator in power in 53. Gee wonder why people were pissed at the US....

And yeah, relations were relatively good up to Bush's speech. Doesn't matter if the embassy was reopened or not.

Relations weren't humpty dumpty, but they were improving a lot.
edit on 12-1-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

500 missiles, huh, I wander if iran even has that many that work correctly. No offense here, but iran is litteraly on the same level of tech as north korea, actually no I am wrong, north korea has achieved critical mass nuclear fizzle( note I did not say fission or fusion. Their biggest nuclear success was a fizzle not an actual explosion, as evidenced by the sismic readings from their tests) and almost achieved orbit with their taipong launch vehicles. Yet we all laugh at their sorry attempts to prove themselves a serious threat. So why even waste your brains processing power contemplating what iran can do with their bottle rockets and stone throwers. The U.S. NAVY is quite safe.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
One of my dearest friends helped implement the theater missile defense for the US and Israel. The trilayered missile defense is beyond comprehensive. My understanding is that short of a medium yield nuke at point blank range there is nothing to be concerned about. If Iran does attempt to close the straights I'm of the beief that 90% of Iran could be decimated without putting a single troop on the ground. Aerial stealth bombardment and the utilization of aerial drones and unmanned drones would cripple Iran within 72 hours. And we wouldn't be putting our guys in jeopardy. I'm sure Iran is aware of this too. I doubt they will do anything more than the cursory posturing.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by reddwhite

He doesn't know how to leave this alone. I've seen several threads where Mr.Professional insist on US ship being destroyed by the Iranians. Anytime some thing is said about a US aircraft carrier. You can be certain he's gonna pop up and say some thing about the Iranians being able to destroy it.

I personally do not see it as a possibility alas help from Russia or China which in possible, but doubtful IMHO. They would have to get through an armada of ships first.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by DrJay1975

I don't think they will either. The US though is pushing for war with Iran. It's inevitable at the this moment in time IMHO

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
What I don't understand is why Iran isn't actively denying a casus belli by being as transparent as possible wrt their nuclear program.

What does Iran have to gain by this rigidity and obtuseness? What's "national pride" going to achieve while we see this catastrophic tragedy unfold in the opening stages?

It's clear to me why the US is conducting its largest military exercise ever with Israel, suddenly and expeditiously withdrawing troops from Iraq and acting all dovish towards the Taliban. They are clearly reallocating military resources, for purposes we can all imagine.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

I've pondered the same thing myself. I think it's their way of trying to gather more backing from other Middle East/Islamic nations that have a bad taste in their for the US. I'm not sure though. You would think after watching first hand what happened to Iraq they might back up a little. Show some transparency in hope the US leaves them alone.

Maybe all of it is just a big cog by TPTB?

If the US though doesn't attack Israel will. As we've seen today with the assassination of a scientist.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join