It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2nd Carrier Arrives Off Straits Of Hormuz

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Remember our founding fathers fought and won liberty for all. We also have the right to tell him just how wrong he is.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

My current government does not do me any good. The leaders are only catering to the rich people. You mean the Patriot act? Taking my taxes and using it to kill others? Using my taxes to go to the banks?

Our current government didn't get me my freedom. The US Constitution does and it was created by real patriots in 1776. Our current government is crapping on my constitution.
edit on 11-1-2012 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth

Remember our founding fathers fought and won liberty for all. We also have the right to tell him just how wrong he is.

Your founding fathers that committed genocide to remove the native populations you mean?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I think the problem is we are sick of it all. Stolen elections, useless congress, Military interference with leadership, etc. The common American just wants to keep his house, not go to war. When we see these wars being fought in our name, it makes us rebel. It is in our nature you know. We are formed of a revolution and hold dissent very highly.

This man is the very essence of American ideals. He is within his Obligation to question his leadership and our values. He has made no claim over another countries culture like others do. He has not advocated violence like others do. He has stated his dislike of leadership, which is VERY American and very much in line with our ideals
edit on 11-1-2012 by casenately because: space

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Don't get me wrong, that wasn't aimed at ALL americans, just the chest pounding war mongers who think they are invincible.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

My nation does not do me any good. The leaders are only catering to the rich people. You mean the Patriot act? Taking my taxes and using it to kill others? Using my taxes to go to the banks?

Our current government didn't get me my freedom. The US Constitution does and it was created by real patriots in 1776. Our current government is crapping on my constitution.

Your country does not give you freedom you are born with it. I hate what is going on also but I will not bad mouth the troops defending me.

Maybe I am not seeing the whole picture, Maybe they know how bad the risk really is and dont want to scare the country into a panic. Did you ever think of that?

I trust them more then I trust the Iranians. This country is my home and I love it.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

My nation does not do me any good. The leaders are only catering to the rich people. You mean the Patriot act? Taking my taxes and using it to kill others? Using my taxes to go to the banks?

Your nation does do you good, have you ever left the shores of the USA? I have been to many holes around the world and I can tell you that even the poor live a relative good life in the USA when compared to 70% of the rest of the world. Of course the USA looks after its people. The paranoia about the banks and the wealthy is in part a reasonable argument, but at the same time it is capitalism and its model that has allowed wealth creation in the USA. Yes some people have more than you, but lets be frank, you should be happy with what you have. In places in Africa and Asia people are happy just to find some food and a bit of shelter for the day and maybe some clean drinking water. You americans take this for granted, your nation has done you proud and what you complain about is like the queen complaining that she has been served the wrong type of caviar and that she is living in povety because of.

Wake up man, I mean please.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dachende
Don't get me wrong, that wasn't aimed at ALL americans, just the chest pounding war mongers who think they are invincible.

War sucks and to tell you the truth I hate war for profit and oil. Many Americans are filled with fear and fear leads to among many other things ego related problems.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

but I will not bad mouth the troops defending me.

How are the troops defending you when they are in Iran? If they wanted to really defend us they would be on the US-mexico border defending the USA.

When the US military goes overseas to start trouble they are endangering you even more. This is exactly why 9.11 happened and why 3000 Americans lost their lives. If you wanted to save those american lives along with the 6000+ US troops that died afterwards, we should have defened our southern border instead of killing overseas.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

but I will not bad mouth the troops defending me.

How are the troops defending you when they are in Iran? If they wanted to really defend us they would be on the US-mexico border defending the USA.

When the US military goes overseas to start trouble they are endangering you even more. This is exactly why 9.11 happened and why 3000 Americans lost their lives. If you wanted to save those american lives along with the 6000+ US troops that died afterwards, we should have defened our southern border instead of killing overseas.

Defend us from the Mexicans? Maybe we could just enforce the laws we already have on the books to deal with that.

Iran is chest pounding daily. If they do not back down they will have a bad day.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Iran is chest pounding daily. If they do not back down they will have a bad day.

They are only chest pounding because we are threatening them, sending a carrier off their shores is a threat. Did we the USA feel threatened when the Russians had missiles in cuba? Sure we cried like babies.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

Seems a third carrier is on the way.

How’s this for timing: by accident of Navy schedules, the U.S. military now has two aircraft carrier battle groups near Iran’s shores, with a third on her way, right as a bomb killed an Iranian nuclear scientist and Iran threatens to close off a key waterway. But while there was just one carrier in the region for weeks, the Pentagon insists that its ship movements aren’t a response to Tehran’s recent bellicosity.

m.wired.com...

1 aircraft carrier is a warning, 2 is sabre rattling, 3 is preperation.

ALS

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

They wont last long if WW3 breaks out. Iran has home base advantage. Shooting 500 missiles at one CBG is sure to take it out. This will only happen if they do war in the strait.

USA only has the advantage if they are out in the open, then Iran has no chance.

hmmm.......

I look at it this way.

Iran would get a heavy dose of "shock and awe" if they consider to throw ANYTHING at American forces. If you look to history, Any country that has hit the United States or its forces,offensively FIRST,has suffered severe repercussions.

People would be naive to think America isnt prepared for a suicide mission. If Iran WAS to try and hit American carriers,it would show that Iran all along were looking to be the aggressors,that many in the world,believe that they are to be.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL

How’s this for timing: by accident of Navy schedules, the U.S. military now has two aircraft carrier battle groups near Iran’s shores, with a third on her way, right as a bomb killed an Iranian nuclear scientist and Iran threatens to close off a key waterway. But while there was just one carrier in the region for weeks, the Pentagon insists that its ship movements aren’t a response to Tehran’s recent bellicosity.

m.wired.com...

1 aircraft carrier is a warning, 2 is sabre rattling, 3 is preperation.

ALS

Well this kinda confirms it.
You are right 3 is the magic number and if I was Iran I would come to the table before this reaches the point of no return.

edit on 11-1-2012 by Subjective Truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

You know, sometimes it really helps to read the thread you are posting in. A page or so ago we talked about that:

Like right here.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
If security is your main concern. Not attacking them will negate their war with us. If we leave they will not follow us. If we do not threaten them they will not threaten us. It is safe to say that if the US doesn't want war it simply has to stop escalating the situation by sending troops and sending carriers over there. We cannot be perceived as a threat from home.

They would be posturing to a nonexistent enemy until they got tired of it and went home like always.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Apologies. I read to page three when I went to do some research, obviously I came across the article above and thought I'd share.

But hey does it really matter.

ALS

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

You know, sometimes it really helps to read the thread you are posting in. A page or so ago we talked about that:

Like right here.

Well, I found ALS's reply useful. It was on topic and cited an additional source that goes toward confirming a third carrier on the way.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen

Like right here.

Well, I found ALS's reply useful. It was on topic and cited an additional source that goes toward confirming a third carrier on the way.

Maybe you could update the original to reflect the new info. If this is true it is huge and means only one thing.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen

Like right here.

Maybe you could update the original to reflect the new info. If this is true it is huge and means only one thing.

Not trying to start a fight here, but I think you're confused. ALOSTSOUL posted a reply to my message with more information. How could he update the original when it was not posted by him? I suspect you're getting the reply author's mixed up.

Let's please stay on topic now.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join