It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2nd Carrier Arrives Off Straits Of Hormuz

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
everybody here is concentrating on the carriers as they're they symbols of the american fleet where as i'm sure the iranian generals will be thinking that if they spend all their time effort making sure that not so much as a scratch gets on those ships have they left something unguarded? an fool can raise an army the problem occurs around lunch time when they get hungry so i'd be more interested in the supply ships/depots etc and while i'm sure they have many months of combat rations on a ship it wont do much for morale to have the same meal every day for 3 months

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
everybody here is concentrating on the carriers as they're they symbols of the american fleet where as i'm sure the iranian generals will be thinking that if they spend all their time effort making sure that not so much as a scratch gets on those ships have they left something unguarded? an fool can raise an army the problem occurs around lunch time when they get hungry so i'd be more interested in the supply ships/depots etc and while i'm sure they have many months of combat rations on a ship it wont do much for morale to have the same meal every day for 3 months

Supply ships are protected as well, if not better than the carrier. Considering carriers have internal defense armaments while most supply ships have very minimal if any at all so they get they get to ride nice and cozy with teh carrier in between a bunch of destroyers.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by Subjective Truth

Then how do you know what they want or what they will do when pushed

Oh so you want to push them and when they defend themselves you want to say, see I was right they would attack?

freind or foe.....Which are you?.maybe I stepped on someones right to voice there rights. freedom is the right way to go and if they flinch..Destroy them. Nobody knows what will happen, but in the end...we will prevail. Freind. Peace!
edit on 1/13/12 by awcgs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
To the carrier issue, apparently the deGaulle is off the coast of Syria in the Med. I'm not sure I trust this information completely, but if true, takes it out of contention in the Arabian Gulf, where the two CVNs are located. The deGaulle is a nuke, but its size is more like the LHD/LHA amphibious ships at about 40,000 tons. The Nimitz class is about 100,000 tons. It takes on about 40-45 planes where the Nimitz carries about 85. I should be able to provide better updates on carrier positions in a day or two.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN

However . . . given the founder of their religion and his demonized blood lust . . .

IN ORDER FOR THE MAHDI--the Muslim messiah to surface--brought about by said chaos in their eschatology . . .

First: Stop lying.
Second: The muslim Messiah is JESUS, not the Mahdi.
Third: Go to first.

and

Fourth: For those asking about my post and 2023. You have your answer.
edit on 13/1/2012 by sHuRuLuNi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

In 2002, a classified, $250 million Defense Department war game concluded that small, agile speedboats swarming a naval convoy could inflict devastating damage on more powerful warships. Lt. Gen. Paul Van Riper, a retired Marine Corps officer who served in the war game, said in 2008: "The whole thing was over in 5, maybe 10 minutes."

And remember that Riper sunk a bunch of US warships in that war game

The operative word here is "game". Why do you think the DOD plays war games? Is it to accumlate points so you can be a better mage? Do you think they looked at the results of that war game and said, "Uh, gee. Maybe we better not go there."?

Of course not. I guarantee you they foxed the problem. Sometimes they learn the hard way, like with the USS Cole. The destroyers had ZERO close-in defensive weapons. Now, they do. They have rapid fire machine guns that can tear an inflatable into pieces in a two second burst. There was also an attitude problem on the Cole. They did not have situational awareness. They were in the "white zone" oblivious to their danger. The Cole will never happen again.

Oh, and the Iranian missiles? They can fire a great many missiles using the Photoshop Method(tm) like this:

I do believe the US is in pretty good shape strength-wise. The people claiming otherwise here have shown no particular expertise in the matter. I doubt they have any knowledge of Carrier Strike Group operations at all and have only seen carriers in pictures on the Internet. It's their politics talking, not any first-hand knowledge.

However, I do not think we should be complacent and further, I really hope nothing happens. I earnestly hope that in a few days I can come back on this thread and report back to you that the Stennis is headed home. Yeah, I might be vindicated, but it's more important that 7,000 of our guys (and gals) come on home safely.
edit on 1/13/2012 by schuyler because: fix code

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

The operative word here is "game". Why do you think the DOD plays war games? Is it to accumlate points so you can be a better mage? Do you think they looked at the results of that war game and said, "Uh, gee. Maybe we better not go there."?

You are on the right track in more ways than you know. Speaking of games... what do you make of this?

www.americasarmy.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   

reply to post by EyesWideShut

Uhh how do you know Im not American. I am born and raised in the USA, unlike you who jumped the border across mexico.

Please provide evidence that I am not am american. Do you have a copy of my passport that demonstrates I am not from the USA? Please post your evidence, otherwise take your unAmerican butt out of my country.
edit on 13-1-2012 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

I already did, you posted a youtube vid 6 months ago in another one of your threads. When I clicked on the video, it said "not available in your country" when I called you out on it you never replied... you know I was in the Corps & I live in Jersey, you even commented something along the lines of "I know that area, I could be near you" I'll link to it tomorrow ...

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Which video, please direct me to that link. Also you probably could not acess that video because you are not american. Also not having access to a youtube video does not mean one is not a US citizen. Is that how customs works at airports? They ask if you have been able to access a youtube video.

Once again please provide proof that I am not a US citizen by providing a copy of my passport, otherwise stick to the topic at hand instead of trying to derail because you cannot come up with a logical defense.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Which video, please direct me to that link. Also you probably could not acess that video because you are not american. Also not having access to a youtube video does not mean one is not a US citizen. Is that how customs works at airports? They ask if you have been able to access a youtube video.

Once again please provide proof that I am not a US citizen by providing a copy of my passport, otherwise stick to the topic at hand instead of trying to derail because you cannot come up with a logical defense.

Originally posted by EyesWideShut

reply to post by kro32

Oh its a leg wrapped in bacon. It is from the show "parks and recreation." The person in the picture is Ron swanson. Click on my signature to see 30 seconds.

The vid says it can't be viewed in my country..... I KNEW you weren't from here, I could tell by the english you use and the content of your threads, I just didn't have any concrete proof until now!

You are now "The Professional Impostor"
edit on 18-6-2011 by EyesWideShut because: because

After I posted that you got really quiet really quickly... In fact you never replied to it.

It's your thread , check it out yourself---------> Thread

BTW I live close to jersey, maybe even jersey, so don't rag. You are probably at Fort Dix am I right?

No, there are no Marines at Fort Dix, the ARMY has Forts, the Marine Corps has Camps... and If you were in Jersey guess what?... You'd still be ignorant in this subject. (as you just displayed)

Here's another one --------> Thread

There are little grammatical idiosyncrasies that you have that are common to non native english speakers , I'm sure you're not aware of them...or you'd have cleaned them up....but the rest of us can tell. As far as the thread is concerned, I don't have anything to be defensive about and I'm not trying to derail anything , I've stated my opinion. I'm simply tired of you lying and saying you're an American , when you're not....that's all , you brought this upon yourself.

I've read enough of your threads to get a clear picture of who you are , you've made enough mistakes to allow me to prove it. The thing about lying is you have to remember the lie , and with a hair under 3,000 posts....you're starting to have trouble remembering them all.

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Show me the passport that proves it. Your hunches do not hold water. Show the passport. US customs doesn't rely on grammar.

Once again you said I was not a US citizen, please show a picture of my passport that shows otherwise. You made the accusation, provide the proof. Live up to your statements.

If you really want to make a proof of it, make a thread about it, this thread is not the place.
edit on 15-1-2012 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Be realistic man , this is the internet... you know I can't produce your passport or "long form" birth certificate , lol....But your reply to my accusation speaks volumes. If you want me to make a thread about it ,very well. I'll leave you to your devices and post nothing else about it here.

Give me a few days to compile the evidence and I'll invite you to your very own thread soon.

Be Well

Post Script

I find your usage of "US Citizen" intriguing... I said you were not American , and by that I meant born and raised. Your defense was for me to produce paperwork , which leads me to believe that you very well may be a legal immigrant that obtained citizenship at a later date (That's why I hit on your Shoddy English) , as no naturalized citizen would refer to himself as a "US Citizen" but would use "American". Those are the idiosyncrasies in which I speak. This still doesn't solve the video issue. It would make sense if you were out of the country at the time of posting though...Hmmmm. You also state that "US Customs" doesn't rely on grammar , for you to use that leads me to believe you've gone through customs before , maybe even had an issue there... a naturalized citizen wouldn't even think to have issues there , maybe your accent was the tell?

Uhh how do you know Im not American. I am born and raised in the USA, unlike you who jumped the border across mexico.

Jumped the border eh?... we keep coming back to this theme of having to cross borders and show passports and deal with customs to prove you're American...

Understand something I've got some 0251 time in brother , If you still can't get it, don't worry...I'll paint a picture for you soon enough...

edit on 15-1-2012 by EyesWideShut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Be realistic man , this is the internet... you know I can't produce your passport or "long form" birth certificate , lol....But your reply to my accusation speaks volumes. If you want me to make a thread about it ,very well. I'll leave you to your devices and post nothing else about it here.

Give me a few days to compile the evidence and I'll invite you to your very own thread soon.

Be Well

Post Script

I find your usage of "US Citizen" intriguing... I said you were not American , and by that I meant born and raised. Your defense was for me to produce paperwork , which leads me to believe that you very well may be a legal immigrant that obtained citizenship at a later date (That's why I hit on your Shoddy English) , as no naturalized citizen would refer to himself as a "US Citizen" but would use "American". Those are the idiosyncrasies in which I speak. This still doesn't solve the video issue. It would make sense if you were out of the country at the time of posting though...Hmmmm. You also state that "US Customs" doesn't rely on grammar , for you to use that leads me to believe you've gone through customs before , maybe even had an issue there... a naturalized citizen wouldn't even think to have issues there , maybe your accent was the tell?

Jumped the border eh?... we keep coming back to this theme of having to cross borders and show passports and deal with customs to prove you're American...

Understand something I've got some 0251 time in brother , If you still can't get it, don't worry...I'll paint a picture for you soon enough...

edit on 15-1-2012 by EyesWideShut because: (no reason given)

I look forward to your thread on The Professional. While he does a great job of making himself sound intelligent and hard to argue with he really has no idea of weapons systems, weapons capabilities nor the capabilities of Iran and their pathetic excuse for a Navy/military, other then what he reads online from mostly old or ridiculous sources. Semper Fi

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowcrash911

Originally posted by BLV12
Iran does not stand a chance.
Saying if the US goes into the strait Iran has the upper hand is like saying if you air drop a marine unit into enemy positions, the enemy has the upper hand.

US subs & destroyers can sit 1,000km off Iran's coast and launch cruise missiles all day and all night at Iran. And there's very little Iran can do about it.

B2 bombers can also fly sorties day and night without Iran being able to do anything about it.

US carriers don't need to get too close either. They can launch fighters, which can be refuelled in mid air from tankers taking off from nearby air bases in friendly countries.

If it comes to war, Iran is toast.

That's a fact. So what?

After all the jingoist chest-thumping, what's the point in stating the obvious? Since when does a nation earn respect solely by virtue of its capabilities to annihilate? Is there anyway anybody can still muster the intellectual courage to transcend this loud, obnoxious bragging and boasting long enough to see the truth: that a nation's greatness is defined by its constructive, not its destructive achievements?

Anything you just surmised about US military capabilities could apply to any empire throughout history, regardless of moral stature.

You win the war, congratulations, pat yourself on the back and stuff another hamburger in your face...

Err....I'm trying to figure out what anything you said has to do with what I posted...
Besides displaying your prejudices..I don't see any relevance.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   

And that just shows how braindead the American government is.

US got no problems provoking and doing terrorism in Iran, but as soon as Iran lift a finger against the US you declare war???

And if the Iranians is skilled enough to fight back your going to nuke thembecause you cant play by the rules???.....I guess 5-10.000 american soldiers is worth more than millions of Iranian civilians?

Its like Mike Tyson provoking and pushing a little schoolgirl, and if she dares tell anyone you pull a gun on her?

This is just retarded.......You must feel proud being part of the bully-tyrany called the USA (sorry I know many of you is against this SH**).

edit on 17-1-2012 by Mimir because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by averageGuy505
You've been playing too many video games. Cruise missiles can't be launched at mobile targets.... because mobile targets are...well...mobile.

Sorry dude, but the latest generation Tomahawks can actually have target data transmitted to them in flight and have a "loiter" mode. You can litterally stack cruise missiles in the sky and call them down as needed.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Cruise missiles are easy to target with point defense weapons such as Tor-M2e and Pantsyir systems, its their delivery platforms that are hard to target.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

And, at best, Iran has but a handful of these sophiticated systems mostly concentrated around a few key sites, such as their Nuclear facilities and key RG bases. The vast bulk of Iranian strategic assets, such as radar, air bases, regular army camps and the like will not have the benefit of such a system.

If I were Iran, I'd get more of them or be very careful.

Besides, none of these systems have ever been properly combat tested, whereas Western systems have.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
News:

The Stennis has LEFT the 5th Fleet Area of Responsibility and is now in the 7th Fleet AOR, headed home to the West Coast. It has been replaced, as we all know, by the Vinson, which will shortly be joined by the Lincoln. This reflects the long-standing (since 2008) "1-7" policy of having two carriers in the 5th Fleet AOR 75% of the time. It's worth noting that the USS Makin Island, an LHD, is also in the 5th Fleet AOR, which is also quite normal.

So.... the so-called magic number of three CVNs in the area NEVER HAPPENED, which is basically what I told y'all on the first page of this thread. But everyone had to jump in here and argue about it, telling us all they were absolutely SURE something BIG was going down!

Six months or so from now we'll go through the same thing again, just like we did six months or so ago. Someone will get on here and proclaim, "OHMYGOD! THREE carriers in the Gulf (The Arabian Sea, actually, but why be pedantic?) This is the Magic Number. We're all gonna die. Head for the hills!"

The only other CVN underway right now is the USS Enterprise, which is in the Atlantic Ocean, very likely conducting pilot qualifications. The other seven CVNs are in port at home in the US.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Please invite me to your thread about THE_PROFESSIONAL as well.

The more exposure we put on these frauds/mis-info agents the better then we can work our way down the ladder.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join