It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2nd Carrier Arrives Off Straits Of Hormuz

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darce
A little bird told me the Abraham Lincoln (CVN-72) is headed that way as well.

ETA:

Link

Lincoln, the flagship of Carrier Strike Group (CSG) 9, is in the 7th Fleet area of responsibility (AOR) as part of a deployment to the western Pacific and Indian Oceans en route to support coalition efforts in the 5th Fleet AOR.

edit on 11/1/12 by Darce because: (no reason given)

5th Fleet

edit on 11/1/12 by Darce because: (no reason given)

I wonder if the USS Abraham Lincoln has a high power laser installed?
20 feet per second? Wow!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jerico65Holy schmokes, not the Sunburn! *gasp*

Hmmm....how long have they been around. Think that maybe, just maybe, the US Navy figured out some TTPs to counter them by now?

what in your "opinion" has got the US Navy having sleepless nights?
www.chicagotribune.com...
there thick and luxurious mustaches?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyespying

With the fact that the US lost it's AAA rating can they really afford another war financially?

Yes, the Germans are buying our 10 Year T-Notes with a 2% yield.
-------
It's not just the USA standing up against Iran. Other nations are demanding that the
Strait of Hormuz remains open.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by michael1983l

My nation does not do me any good. The leaders are only catering to the rich people. You mean the Patriot act? Taking my taxes and using it to kill others? Using my taxes to go to the banks?

Our current government didn't get me my freedom. The US Constitution does and it was created by real patriots in 1776. Our current government is crapping on my constitution.
edit on 11-1-2012 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

Your nation does do you good, have you ever left the shores of the USA? I have been to many holes around the world and I can tell you that even the poor live a relative good life in the USA when compared to 70% of the rest of the world. Of course the USA looks after its people. The paranoia about the banks and the wealthy is in part a reasonable argument, but at the same time it is capitalism and its model that has allowed wealth creation in the USA. Yes some people have more than you, but lets be frank, you should be happy with what you have. In places in Africa and Asia people are happy just to find some food and a bit of shelter for the day and maybe some clean drinking water. You americans take this for granted, your nation has done you proud and what you complain about is like the queen complaining that she has been served the wrong type of caviar and that she is living in povety because of.

Wake up man, I mean please.

Agree with you completely on this. Everyone likes to criticize and complain about their government and military. Not many people have seen countries outside the US where the problems and struggle is gigantic in terms of finance and stability. One should be thankful for what they have in the US as it is just not the same outside the US no matter how bad things might be with the political system. I know bunch of idiots outside of ATS who are nothing more than opportunistic leaches that complain and criticize anything and everything at parties or social gathering. But just like some of the polticians, they jump the gun when they see the opportunities to create wealth and accumulatation which were created by the political and military system. They are the real hypocrits and parasites who really turn a stable system into a weak one from the inside. Many people I know work for companies making a lot of money which are directly or indirectly affiliated with the military. They are among the leaches who love the money but hate it when the military use the weapons manufactured and supplied to them by individuals/companies like them. To me that is hypocritical. I think they should just leave the profession and/or the country if their ethics are strong rather than weakening the country from within. If one is against the system then they should whole heartedly follow their principles. Take it or leave it.

For those who are unfamiliar with the way militaries around the world operate, what you see and hear about in the MSM and/or the Internet is just the tip of the iceberg. Of all the things they've learned from history, it is to maintaiin secrecy and confidentiality. The rest of the lurkers and US bashers at times I think are nothing more than foreign nationals or perhaps individuals from another country attempting to understand the US military and/or its weaponry. Some of them could also be psyops professional or local militias (which we all know are also on the FBI's radar) venting themselves.

Whatever the reason, I'm sure the Military Planners have a backup plan for such decision which is to send CVN's to Hormuz. The Constitution was written and designed to fix itself if there were issues. The constitution is very powerful if one can truely understand it thoroughly (i'm still learning a bit about it every day). Yes we might not agree with the way things are done in DC and by the Military at times but thats where we are right now at this point in time. We should just leave the decision making and have faith with respect to geopolitics to the decision makers as that is the nature of the Beast (Politics).
edit on 12-1-2012 by hp1229 because: add content.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Any updates on Air Force deployments? Nothing is going to happen without them. Unless provoked.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by casenately
reply to post by Dachende

I just want you to notice that the people here advocating peace are mostly American.
Our leadership has not been informed of ATS but as soon as they get the memo, they will sign up and get with the freeky deeky

As an American...yes...I am tired of my country's involvement in war. I am equally tired of hearing about the middle east on TV set. We are so saturated by it, you can't turn on the TV without these issues showing up somewhere.

Nuclear weapons are old technology. That is why 3rd world countries are trying to attain them. Much like VCR's use to cost a mint, they are practically free now....or should I say DVD players. The super powers of the world have moved on from Nuclear Weapons....however....they still exist. Nuclear weapons, even as old technology, in the wrong hands could be catastrophic. I am not saying that extremeist of any kind would use them, but, I think the propensity for extremeist to use them is greater than not using them. Extremeist could be any group hell bent on enforcing their beliefs (pick your favorite extremeist group). Nuclear weapons are also a weapon of last resort. The destruction they impose is complete and costly to the world.

In the event that a war in Iran happens, IMHO, it will be to knock out their military, industrial and leadership capabilities. I don't see the US trying to occupy this country. The occupation after the war is always more costly andn time consuming....much like Iraq.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Do not try to anticipate an attack on Iran based on how many carrier groups US have in the area.
As Vitchilo said, US have air bases all over the place around Iran...thye don't need 3 or 6 or 11 carrier groups to attack Iran.Also...really, Iran is no such a big deal that US need too many carriers in the area.

Also, don't forget the largest anti-missile exercise in Isarel who is going to take place this spring.There will be NO ATTACK on Iran before all the participating systems are at the ready (THAAD, Patriot, Arrow and Iron Dome)
along with Aegies andCARRIER on Israeli waters (ANOTHER carrier outside those in Gulf area).

At that point, Israel (who will be the MAIN target of an iranian retaliation) will have BEST POSSIBLE anti-missile systems on the ready.

If an attack on Iran will happend it will most likely be when the US-Israel ''exercise'' will take place.

Also...Russia and China ''swooping in''...man, those countries CANNOT deploy enough military to be called a threat.yes, they COULD sttack Europe...but seriously, that is equal to WW3 and its game over for all of us.

So, lets stick to what we know (Iran F-4s, and NOT superlight speed flying saucers) and 90% of their navy beeing
patrol boats

edit on 12-1-2012 by Recollector because: gr

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
This won't be a war. War is between two capable parties.

This will be like an entire football team with shovels beating a 12 year old mentally retarded boy.

I think China agreed to let Israel run the world, so Russia's next. (remember chinas leader recently said china was a corporation....surrendered to Israeli banksters)
edit on 12-1-2012 by Pervius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Recollector
Do not try to anticipate an attack on Iran based on how many carrier groups US have in the area.
As Vitchilo said, US have air bases all over the place around Iran...thye don't need 3 or 6 or 11 carrier groups to attack Iran.Also...really, Iran is no such a big deal that US need too many carriers in the area.

Also, don't forget the largest anti-missile exercise in Isarel who is going to take place this spring.There will be NO ATTACK on Iran before all the participating systems are at the ready (THAAD, Patriot, Arrow and Iron Dome)
along with Aegies a CARRIER on Israel water (ANOTHER carrier outside those in Gulf area).

At that point, Israel (who will be the MAIN target of an iranian retaliation) will have BEST POSSIBLE anti-missile systems on the ready.

If an attack on Iran will happend it will most likely be when the US-Israel ''exercise'' will take place.

Also...Russia and China ''swooping in''...man, those countries CANNOT deploy enough military to be called a threat.yes, they COULD sttack Europe...but seriously, that is equal to WW3 and its game over for all of us.

So, lets stick to what we know (Iran F-4s, and NOT superlight speed flying saucers) and 90% of their navy beeing
patrol boats

It looks like 3 Aircraft Carriers: USS Stennis, USS Carl Vinson & USS Abraham Lincoln.
- Firepower -

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Why does everyone think they are an intelligence officer from junk they read on the internet?

This whole website...deny ignorance...HA what a joke. All most of you do is read others opinions and spew them as your own. You read internet garbage and suddenly you know exactly what will happen with Iran.

Unless you have a magic crystal ball that foresees the future...you know only 2 things: jack and squat.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
5[

I have my own thoughts on US and Western involvement in the middles east and it is oil and the atempt to delay or stop China becoming the number 1 super power of the world. The US knows they cant let this happen (for reasons i dont know). I know Irans largest oil export country is China I think if the US have there way and install who they want to run this country im sure that is going to change,

With Obama saying they are deploying more troops in Asia, China against invading Iran.... I fear invading Iran is just a small move in what ultimately is a long power battle with China (and Russia)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I don't see where Iran has the option of "backing down". They haven't really done anything except stay at home and make speeches, and apparently a good segment of the American population thinks this is a good justification for "turning their country into glass". Iran has two options: do nothing, and get crushed, or fight back, and get crushed. So where is the incentive for peaceful negotiations? Do we really think that even if they abandon their civilian nuclear program, they're not getting invaded? Or will we just invent a different excuse to justify the same agenda? Apparently we're all completely naive too, and we're just going to swallow the WMD story again and again.

Why wouldn't Iran fight back? Why wouldn't they support the Iraq insurgency? They know they're next on the "regime change" hitlist, so of course they're going to do everything possible to drain the strength of their enemy. I don't see the point of all this posturing: "If Iran dares to strike against us in any way, then we'll REALLY let them have it." That's just the attitude of a bully trying to justify his own aggression. We were going to let them have it one way or another, because we want what they have.

So there you have it. If you want a pet psychology of why we hope for America's defeat, it's because we hate bullies. I have nothing against America, but I hate anyone who goes to someone else's country under false pretenses and then tries to claim the moral high ground. Let's call it what it is: military invasion, occupation, and colonialization of the economic and governmental institutions. We're going to bomb their country's infrastructure into dust, massively impoverish the people, and then have the new government take out loans to pay foreign contractors to rebuild and "secure" their nation. It's unlikely any of this will result in better living conditions for the people we claim to be in business to "liberate" but who cares? The only thing we were really interested in was the interest on those loans.

What happens if it turns into an Afghanistan-Pakistan-Iran-Iraq-Syria-Lebanon borderless hot-zone? (No playing the nuke card on this one kids, our own troops are on the battlefield.)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
all this talk of Nukes
and this is all that I can
think of....

always makes me laugh

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Recollector

Agree mostly. I do not think this is preparation for a strike on Iran. Rather, I see it as yet another provocation the U.S. is making to get Iran to strike first. An election is coming and wartime Presidents do not often lose re-election.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
They wont last long if WW3 breaks out. Iran has home base advantage. Shooting 500 missiles at one CBG is sure to take it out. This will only happen if they do war in the strait.

USA only has the advantage if they are out in the open, then Iran has no chance.
edit on 11-1-2012 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

If they do manage to sink a carrier they would seal not only there fate but Syria's as well. And I would venture to say Pakistan also.

If the people have something to rally behind this will get really ugly and fast.
Remember the Maine anyone?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
So it looks like Iran is blaming the US and Israel for the nuclear scientists that have recently been killed. This could get interesting if it is true...

www.huffingtonpost.com... ec3_lnk2%26pLid%3D126825
edit on 12-1-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
So it looks like Iran is blaming the US and Israel for the nuclear scientists that have recently been killed. This could get interesting if it is true...

www.huffingtonpost.com... ec3_lnk2%26pLid%3D126825
edit on 12-1-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

I think that means the war has already begun.

The intelligence communities are attacking on the ground.

The U.S. Navy is positioning itself for action in the Arabian Gulf.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
When are you Americans going to wake up. You lost the war in Vietnam, Somalia, Iraq, losing in Afghanistan & all the while at home your people are living in tent cities. You have turned your back on your constitution & bending over & taking it royally with regards to your rights & living standards. But now you want war with Iran?
Do you think you or your family will benefit? In the end you'll lose as you always do - as all empires do (though you never really had one). You glass Iran - wooo hooo USA USA & all the bull crap. Oil goes $300/barrel. Your cities then get suitcase nuked, Patriot Act 3 comes in - depression for 50+ years. Who wins? You? Nah - not even close.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by digipulse
When are you Americans going to wake up. You lost the war in Vietnam, Somalia, Iraq, losing in Afghanistan & all the while at home your people are living in tent cities. You have turned your back on your constitution & bending over & taking it royally with regards to your rights & living standards. But now you want war with Iran?
Do you think you or your family will benefit? In the end you'll lose as you always do - as all empires do (though you never really had one). You glass Iran - wooo hooo USA USA & all the bull crap. Oil goes $300/barrel. Your cities then get suitcase nuked, Patriot Act 3 comes in - depression for 50+ years. Who wins? You? Nah - not even close.

Well, it all seems worthwhile to me.

Lets take away all of the nuclear weapons from Iran and just see what happens.

It won't take long.
edit on 12-1-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by digipulse
When are you Americans going to wake up.

Some have. But sadly, too few and too late. Very few Germans woke up under Hitler before it was too late.

Those who do not know history are doomed to repeat it.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join