It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2nd Carrier Arrives Off Straits Of Hormuz

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
They wont last long if WW3 breaks out. Iran has home base advantage. Shooting 500 missiles at one CBG is sure to take it out. This will only happen if they do war in the strait.

USA only has the advantage if they are out in the open, then Iran has no chance.
edit on 11-1-2012 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

Your theory here is sound if Iran attacks first.

If they dont, advantage US.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
It's almost as if Iran is preparing to sacrifice itself to drive the US and EU into bankruptcy, at the behest of some unnamed, larger geopolitical forces behind the curtains. (Russia, China)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by snowcrash911

I agree, I can't for the life of me understand it, every single nuclear power on earth submits to inspections, if they have nothing to hide then why cause hardship on your people just to prove your stubborn? That leaves only one clear line of resoning, they are hiding somthing.
I mean damnit man, at the height of the cold war, russia and the U.S. both allowed eachothers nuclear scientists in to monitor what they were making to wipe eachother out, just for the sake of showing what we were doing. There is no reason that they get carte blanche to play with the most powerful force on earth, when even stable compitant proven reliable countries don't. It is folly to claim otherwise, to many innocents are at stake.
1 bomb = hundreds of thousands instantly dead, hundreds of thousands more in the comming weeks months and years from residules. This isn't some fantasy tech, this is real #, no country should ever repeat the ( some would say necessary) madness that ended world war 2!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
There is one explanation I can think of: Iran knows war is upon it no matter what it does, so it chooses to go in with some dignity.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by reddwhite

I agree, I can't for the life of me understand it, every single nuclear power on earth submits to inspections, if they have nothing to hide then why cause hardship on your people just to prove your stubborn? That leaves only one clear line of resoning, they are hiding somthing.

Could they be hiding...that they have nothing?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeAreAWAKE

Originally posted by reddwhite

Could they be hiding...that they have nothing?

What's the use of bluffing if the bluff is directly responsible for confrontation?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

I agree. I somewhat feel as though other forces are at play here. I can't though see Russia or China behind it. They have far too much to lose with a US collapse. I'm not sure what's behind it all. Maybe it really is just a fight between a couple of countries. With one of those countries wanting to feel important and play with the big kids. Makes no sense though cause these big kids don't want to play. Doesn't make sense to me.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowcrash911
There is one explanation I can think of: Iran knows war is upon it no matter what it does, so it chooses to go in with some dignity.

Makes sense. Idiotic to me but makes sense
edit on 12-1-2012 by benzanato because: addition

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
so let me make an educated guess based on history.

a US warship or similar US property will suddenly get "attacked" or "destroyed" in a false flag attack that will get blamed on one of the iranian ships, drones, etc etc whatever so they can justify going to war.

the media will have a field day with it, the general populous will be outraged and demand justice and OFF WE GO to iran.

same old script time and time again somehow doubt it will be any different. if it aint broke dont fix it.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by benzanato

Makes sense.

Remember Iraq? I distinctly recall that at one point, the ridiculous demand was made that Iraq prove a negative: it had to prove it had no WMD or invasion would ensue.

I could envision the US trying that again: Iran has to prove it doesn't have a nuke, "or else"... anything to fabricate an excuse. If Iran knows this, then "les jeux sont fait" and there's no point in accommodating NATO in any way.

Still, there many variables, and this could be another irrational case of regime self-preservation. I don't see how a nuclear energy program benefits Iran in any way at this juncture. Now, the costs clearly outweigh the benefits. So ... this is definitely not about energy any more.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
It's just fear mongering nothing is going to happen, and if they say it does then they are most likely lying, the media has been caught in the past showing FAKE footage so they hold no credit to me, news to me is figured out by logic.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by rayuki
so let me make an educated guess based on history.

a US warship or similar US property will suddenly get "attacked" or "destroyed" in a false flag attack that will get blamed on one of the iranian ships, drones, etc etc whatever so they can justify going to war.

the media will have a field day with it, the general populous will be outraged and demand justice and OFF WE GO to iran.

same old script time and time again somehow doubt it will be any different. if it aint broke dont fix it.

I can honestly see Iran starting this one to try and show other Islamic countries that "they aren't intimidated by the US and others shouldn't be either.

I can also see exactly what your saying happening once again. Like you said if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Either way war is just a shot away.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

I second that, love to see him in my sights one day 1000 yards out...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Couldn't help it.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by benzanato

Makes sense.

Remember Iraq? I distinctly recall that at one point, the ridiculous demand was made that Iraq prove a negative: it had to prove it had no WMD or invasion would ensue.

I could envision the US trying that again: Iran has to prove it doesn't have a nuke, "or else"... anything to fabricate an excuse. If Iran knows this, then "les jeux sont fait" and there's no point in accommodating NATO in any way.

Still, there many variables, and this could be another irrational case of regime self-preservation. I don't see how a nuclear energy program benefits Iran in any way at this juncture. Now, the costs clearly outweigh the benefits. So ... this is definitely not about energy any more.

Personally I feel like they are after the bomb. I think they're trying to hold off the US till they get one. It might have at one point been about energy. That changed several years ago though. Thanks to Israeli and US rhetoric.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by thepeoplesmilitia
It's just fear mongering nothing is going to happen, and if they say it does then they are most likely lying, the media has been caught in the past showing FAKE footage so they hold no credit to me, news to me is figured out by logic.

That's another thing it could all just be fake. Something to keep peoples eyes and mind off of homeland issues. Or another way gather support for the next selected prez.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
reply to post by Nite_wing

Perhaps it would be easier if we followed Iran's examples. May be should use the women as shields and have the children walk through and clear the mine fields. We could be like those brave Iranians who hid behind women and children in battle.

All that wouldn't have happened if the nutjobs running the US hadn't overthrew Iraq to put crazy Saddam in power, armed him and told him to attack Iran.

So that makes it ok to use women and children as shields? You people can try to justify anything but no matter what, you cannot justify infanticide no matter how you stretch it. That is why we think the radical Islamists are nuts. I suppose this justifies suicide bombers blowing themselves to hell in market places. This is a cowardly way to wage war on one's own innocent people. Do you have justification for that?

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by michael1983l

I dont hate the USA, I hate the leaders who are running it.

But you must hate the USA because you are often saying things that if happened would lead to the death of americans and their allies and you appear to take delight in stating it. The leaders of the USA are indeed elected by the US nationals and if you hate them, vote them out. You live in a free nation, I know I have visited the USA and have family there. You can support any religion you wish and worship in public, women and men are equal, you are given right to make your own choices based on common law rather than fundemental religious beliefs and you are given the ability to lead a wealthy and relativly care free lifestyle supported by your countries internal and foreign policies. If you wish to give all of that up, then I suggest you move to Iran.

To be honest you have made my blood boil recently, to see a citizen of a nation talk in the way you have, you don't deserve the freedoms your nation allows you. If you were speaking from Iran in the same tone against Iran, you would be long gone already. Can you really not see what good your nation does for you?

Cool story, intelligence man. Here we are, at ATS, where people often speculate about other users and intelligence ties, and here you are admitting it...

You appear to be pretending not to be an American while at the same time seeming unnervingly attached to it.

This whole sugar coated fantasy story you just barfed up about the supposed virtues of American society is a complete pipe dream, and everybody who has seen the brutal repression of the Occupy Movement knows this.

Pity they weren't all carrying automatic weapons around like those Tea Party "patriots" who do "demonstrations" on cue for corporate interests, like mindless drones who believe its in their best interest to act against their best interests.

This American Utopia you talk about, where there is no fringe extremist militant Christian dominionist right, no hate mongering, disinfo peddling corporate media which would make a WW II-era propagandist proud, where there is no widespread police brutality, where there are no fascist governors like Scott Walker of Wisconsin, turncoat presidents like Barack Obama, where there is no election fraud and no unstoppable destruction of civil liberties, where the hell is it? I'd like to visit there some day.

All this chest-thumping over Iran... very tough and macho if you have an army bigger than all other armies on the planet combined. Have fun singing the national anthem, drunken with phony patriotism, blind to the continuing and systematic deconstruction of the original American values that once made it the envy of the world, always willing to engage in another war to take your mind off your domestic Constitutional crisis.

Not impressed.
edit on 12-1-2012 by snowcrash911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
If you truly believe in peace before conflict then you and I will both agree to de-escalate this conflict before it becomes a new Gulf of Tonkin or a New Pearl Harbor.

Empires never last. History teaches us this truth. Empires always collapse on their own weight. Let's all agree that we will not fight a bitter war for bankrupt ideologues!

The people of the Earth want peace, to live without wars.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by quest4info
Just read this about Kissinger, not sure if its verified.

globalresearch.ca...

"The United States is bating China and Russia, and the final nail in the coffin will be Iran, which is, of course, the main target of Israel. We have allowed China to increase their military strength and Russia to recover from Sovietization, to give them a false sense of bravado, this will create an all together faster demise for them. We're like the sharp shooter daring the noob to pick up the gun, and when they try, it's bang bang. The coming war will will be so severe that only one superpower can win, and that's us folks. This is why the EU is in such a hurry to form a complete superstate because they know what is coming, and to survive, Europe will have to be one whole cohesive state. Their urgency tells me that they know full well that the big showdown is upon us. O how I have dreamed of this delightful moment."

"[ACCURATE SATIRE]"

"We're like the sharp shooter daring the noob to pick up the gun, and when they try, it's bang bang. "

Confirmed as trollage.

I don't really see Kissinger being very liberal with the word "noob", and the later comment on MW3 was major lulz.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join