It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange sounds, rumbling noises, bass like sounds, ect...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
My girlfriend and I heard a very loud prolonged noise the other night. It sounded almost like the whooshing/screaming/whining of a jet overhead but it lasted entirely too long and sounded too consecutive like it was from one vehicle/source. I live near a marine base that specializes in Harriers and have often seen the jets fly overhead, even been to the local air show that is put on, but never have I heard this sound in my 25 years of living in this place. I got out of bed and had to listen out the door, but it was already almost too late. I dismissed it at first, as I truly thought it was a passing jet or plane, but it lasted long enough for me to wait for the climax, realize it wasnt peaking in normal jet fly by fashion, debate with my girlfriend that it was a 'natural' 'common' noise, to having to get up and check it out first hand for myself, so were talking in the minutes range, not a typical 20 second residual fading fly by. CREEPY

ETA: This is Eastern NC and happened about 10:15 pm on tuesday night
edit on 11-1-2012 by phishfriar47 because: ETA

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

Look, I appreciate that you are attempting to figure this anomaly out. But, I am 40 years old, raised around this same area, lived here, always, and have never left. If this sound were anything that even remotely "normal", mundane, or easily explained, don't you think that I would have realized before I hit 40?!!

This rumbling, rolling, roaring, booming noise is a NEW phenomena! I was raised in the oilfield, my Dad having owned and operated Ringer Oilfield Service for years. Been around every piece of equipment from workover rigs to hot oil trucks to pumpers to injection wells, saltwater wells....etc. I can only say that this is a noise I have NEVER heard before this last year. Ever. Period.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by phishfriar47

You got it EXACTLY right! Creepy is most def the word!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jennybee35
reply to post by phishfriar47

You got it EXACTLY right! Creepy is most def the word!

More like unnerving.

Second line

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Your post exemplifies why this topic is so frustrating. Yes of course there are many possible sources for low frequency noises, and the ones you mention do create similar sounds to what people are describing. If I had not had a personal experience (read my signature link) I would probably be laughing at all this, actually I probably would not be on this site. However since my experience was very real and very odd I am still to this day, ten years later intrigued by all this. We had been living there for four years at the time. There is railroad tracks encompassing the area, refineries within a 20 mile radius, and aircraft that would fly overhead on occasion. These were all well known to us and NOT DISTURBING/OMINOUS. The mundane answer for my experience, taking everything into account, including the strange weather, duration, ufo lights would have to be something like this: A storm front moved in with a very low and dense cloud base resonating and sending the low frequencies from the refineries to our house for the first time being noticeable, ever The doppler effect created the intensity shifting in the tones. The snow and hail for ten minutes in May was a part of the freak weather pattern. The multi-colored lights that were observed by two people for several minutes was an atmospheric plasma effect...... the aircraft that flew into the airspace shortly after the plasma disappeared was just in the wrong place at the wrong time, but got very lucky that the instruments were not fried or messed up by the electromagnetic conditions present in the atmosphere....nope, the gods have returned......tick tock tick tock.....

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
i'm still thinking it's fracking. that trumpeting sound... exactly like the fracking machines.

i think most of us know what planes, trains, wind, and trucks sound like.

obviously this is SOMETHING or so many people wouldn't be posting about it.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

Yeah...that goat horn thing sounds nothing like it. This is just one of those things that unless you hear it yourself, you don't know. When I first heard it, I was scared to death because it was a sound you could "feel". I have lived near miltary bases, and I have heard many sounds in my life...and this wasn't one of them. Now, I'm not saying it can NOT be explained (I'm looking at fracking now).....but I'm saying it is DIFFERENT than things I have heard before....and it seems to come from all directions....like surround sound
The videos aren't doing it justice at all.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

So.....SNOOKY is behind all this?? That hussie!!!!
Sorry...I couldn't resist!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Yeah, there is no way a video recording could ever capture the reality of standing outside in awe, trying to decide whether to run screaming, or pee your pants and stand still, calmly waiting for something to gobble you up!!

It just invokes the 'flight or fight' in me, I guess.......

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Maybe you/we guys should ask ourselves why this phenomenon hardly gets any mainstream media attention?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

Right....someone asked me why I didn't say anything in my first video....because I was STUNNED....I just froze. It was very ominous sounding and scared the hell out of me.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

# you illuminati hater.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
So forgive me for my ignorance here, but are these noises really low, like almost sub-audiable and acomanied by shaking? Not like, earthquake shaking, but you can feel it in the floor? Because I've been noticing that all over the place myself. I thought I was going crazy. I was up in High Level Alberta, which is a heavy Oil and Gas producing town. I was staying at a farmhouse about 50km away from town and I was noticing it. Just out of the blue the house would shake a little. I asked my roommate if he felt it, but he said no. This has been happening all over Alberta, at least, where ever I go.. I was starting to think that maybe the whole planet is out of ballance or we're getting tugged on by something massive out in space. A friend of mine has also noticed this, and he seems to think it has something to do with the increased solar activity.

All the same I guess, it's weird and it sure as heck isn't F22's!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

Flexy, that's a GREAT question. I don't know if you know it, but I'm a 911 dispatcher, and I have received calls on this in the past....AND reported it to the local news channels.... where it was IGNORED! The ONLY one that got attention was a couple of years ago, when we had a HUGE boom, which broke people's windows etc....they did a very short piece on it, and said that it was possibly a meteor exploding before it hit ground. I do believe that in that case, it was a meteor, because it was sudden and was a single poud boom....not a series of booms with the prolonged roaring. Maybe we should start sending emails?
Note to mods: I am not promoting activism

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by PollyPeptide

For me, it wasn't like the earth shaking....it was like I could feel it in my chest. Have you ever been watching a live band and stood near the speaker stacks? That's what it was like....a deep vibration.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Yep. It is percussive, or concussive? I am not sure of the difference there!
But it very much felt as well as heard.

reply to post by flexy123

As for why it's not ever reported in the MSM...... I dare not sound TOO ATS LOL but it seems to me they are actively ignoring it en masse. Why? I have no real clear idea!

edit on 1/11/12 by jennybee35 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I see. That is kind of creepy. I haven't experienced anything like that myself, just the weird vibrations in the ground. The only thing like that I"ve ever experience was out in the bush and a grousse started thumping its breast, but I'm pretty sure thats not what you're experiencing...

And this is happening world wide?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
You folks in Central Louisiana are sitting on a gold mine according to this article from last year.
I'm willing to bet it's going to get a lot noisier.

“Preliminary evaluations indicate that the Tuscaloosa Marine Shale may contain a potential reserve of about 7 billion barrels of oil,” reads a 1997 report from the Basin Research Institute at Louisiana State University. “Horizontal drilling could maximize production and minimize environmental impacts.”

LOGA News

Watch this video & pay attention to the surroundings. That roar must be just booming through that entire valley being heard for miles around.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Just some examples of people "feeling" as well as "hearing" an energy very much like we are talking about here
Go to 3:40

Go to 7:35

sound of a ufo

edit on 12-1-2012 by nitro67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

I've only heard this infamous Kiev apartment block sound today, but I can tell you it's not a mystery noise, without a doubt. How? It's a recording of Venus. I've listened to all of the sounds of the planets and their moons over the years. I'm a BIG space 'noise' buff, it's amazing what 'out there' sounds like. The Kiev noise of not authentic, it's Venus, hands down. I recognized it right away. I'm not saying the person who took the video perpetuated a hoax, but it's possible that someone in that apartment area may have pumped it through their speakers to get a rise out of others because it's a very eerie noise as it is. I just wanted to get that out there if no one else has recognized the sound yet.

Edit: Valdalour, I don't mean the one in your specific video is Venus, but one of the other Kiev uploads floating around right now. I do recognize the space noise in your Kiev video, though, and am working to track down which (I believe) moon it may be. I'll add that when I find it.

Edit: I must be in need of greater quantities of coffee, the Kiev video in Vandalour's compilation is Jupiter, not a moon

Another without a doubt that isn't authentic.

edit on 1/12/2012 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/12/2012 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join