It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange sounds, rumbling noises, bass like sounds, ect...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
OK ATS, I have seen several threads the last few months that detail some strange noises that have been heard around the world. I can't speak for the whole planet but here in America I am certain I know the exact sources for these strange sounds. See the pics below.

This is a truck that vibrates the ground to assist in fracking, specifically natural gas ground imaging.

This is what fracking does to the rock below your feet which can cause rumbling, earthquakes, and even earthquake lights.

This is an Ares missile test courtesy of NASA.

This is a Chinook, I have noticed their activity has greatly increased over the last few months in North Texas, maybe in your area too.

This is a Cherrybomb, makes your vehicle heard LONG before it is ever seen. If you idle at a red light it will shake the whole neighborhood.

These are stealthy, but only to radar. They are loud as hell and if they fly over your house you will hear them long after you would be able to see them. 9/10 times if you hear one of these you wont see it.

This is a train, they shake the ground for miles around if they are going fast enough. Usually late at night they like to go really fast. I live about a mile away from some tracks and late at night it rumbles my house with a bass like sound.

This is a machining factory. They can make rumbling noises that are hard to locate from miles away.

This is some bad roof flashing. If the wind catches just right it can resonate a bass sound and your entire house is the speaker. It is hard to locate the source of this sound. I have good flashing and it happens with my house time to time. First time I heard it I thought the world was coming to an end.

Please share your thoughts and strange sound stories.

edit on 11-1-2012 by BIGPoJo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

I truly dont think that is it....
there was some fracking done near my house recently and ive never once heard the sounds that are being heard all over...

i also have lived on many air force bases and am surrounded by 3 right now....w/ much air activity...

again, never heard the sound once....

i also lived close to HAARP and again, never heard the sound once....
edit on January 11th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Did you get a flyer in the mail or on your door warning you about the trucks that will be injecting vibration into the ground for the imaging? If you were at home when they drive by it is pretty noticeable.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIGPoJo
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Did you get a flyer in the mail or on your door warning you about the trucks that will be injecting vibration into the ground for the imaging? If you were at home when they drive by it is pretty noticeable.

no. but im in colorado...lots of fracking here....

im at home all the time...day and night....trust me.....the sound has not been heard here
not in my county...

ETA...im actually very very interested in these sounds others are hearing and recording....id love to witness it myself...just havent...
edit on January 11th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
A valiant and yet elementary attempt at explaining the curious rumblings worldwide. Of course, most if not all of your examples are legitimate reasons for a bassy rumbling tone (I'm surprised to see you left out "This is a local night club, they can be hard to identify, and the bass coming from these is generally in a pulsating fashion.")

However, I am inclined to believe that there is something beyond these simple explanations. I believe that people recording and reporting these events are relatively accustomed to the sounds of ordinary things like the ones listed above, and I also believe they may be more familiar with facilities in thier locality than you give creadit for.

Take for instance the massive, trumpet-like sounds recorded in urban Ukraine. That is unlike anything they had ever experienced. It was an enormous sound, not unlike the ones recorded in Canada. Now, with no "official" explanation, and a sharp veer from "normalcy," I think *most* of these reports merit a bit more critical tought than simply reiterating things that make noise.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Aqualung2012

This is a LOUD display of a shofar.

Could be a prankster doing something similar.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Some of them perhaps.. but a majority sounds like cloaked UFO´s above our heads

Here is a collection of the strange sounds heard in 2011

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
This isnt normally my thing but ive heard this a few times in Burton on Trent, UK. I came across this subject a couple of days ago and it got me quite scarred/curious as to what the sound is?

Today at 15.34 I felt a slight rumble and could hear the noise again, so I quickly grabbed my phone to capture the event. Apologies for poor sound (if it happens again ill use better camera) but hopefully you will hear the noise being reported around the world. My phone hasnt picked up the deeper humming sound unfortunatly.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

i take it you have no idea how much power it takes to make a sound that loud over counties and states.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
oh yeah dude your right. it is a freaking cherry bomb. I was reading this in the doctors office.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Not saying anything is out of place for it, but for well over a year now (consciously), there is occasionally a very loud erm..sound that comes on occasion. its like, hmm..perhaps what one would think of when they would consider the sound a wind tunnel makes but with a sort of bass undertone..and it lasts sometimes for a minute.

now, I live nearish to a highway, so know what the sound of all sounds of trucks and such sound like. I live sort of close to a air force base, so know the sound of (most) aircrafts, and live nearby nasa, so know the sound of a rocket taking off and sonic booms, etc...aka, I can identify many sounds that are not overly identifiable by others due to location..this one sound has me stumped though.

and it seems to simply come from all around. hell, I often hear it while sitting in my house..you can tell its coming from outside, but going outside doesn't give good directional location..just a sort of all around type ambient loudish sound

I don't know the sound of fracking mind you...I don't disclude that as a possibility, however, being in florida on the coast..not sure we even have much in the way of natural gas deposits considering the landscape.

Still, good job in trying to help out identifying. perhaps some links to .wav files for each sound may be beneficial

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

It is flashing around the edge of your roof being vibrated by the wind. Your entire house is the speaker.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

i take it you have no idea how much power it takes to make a sound that loud over counties and states.

No, please enlighten me. How much power does it take?

This much power?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Also, for wind gushing sounds think of them as pipe noises like the one below.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I know that you mean well in trying to come up with plausible explanations for some of these events, but in many cases these likely suspects have been ruled out early on, earthquake, rocket launch... Car mufflers? No. Nice pics of trains, planes, and automobiles though.

link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

Yeah....we have people walking around blowing on the shofars all the time in my neighborhood!

link   

Yeah, that freakin' prankster!! I wonder how he earns enough money to travel around the world so much to perpetrate this shofar hoax so often?? I would LOVE to know what credit card he's using to get that many frequent flier miles!!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Assuming that this guy is the only guy on the planet that practices a shofar is just a naive as assuming a rumbling noise is a cloaked UFO. ROFL. Go to youtube and type in shofar, look at all the different people that use them.

There is also this gem.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

I never once assumed that the noise is a cloaked UFO.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

No, please enlighten me. How much power does it take?

This much power?

sure if you can get them to fly around in circles for hours without any directional sound distortion.

<<   2  3 >>

join