It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA Halts Orange Juice Imports for Test

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
only in amerika... halt import of orange juice but feed the people tons of chemical laden junkfood and genetically modified rubbish... truly bloody amazing....

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

It certainly sounds like nasty stuff. Orange juice is a thing of the past for me unless they can convince me this situation is under control. It's already bad enough they load it with fluoride and other crap like "flavor packs".

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Same crap flies here in Canada too

You make a good point though. It's ironic how they allow certain things but make a fuss about others.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by xuenchen

Our food chain is so messed up. I consider myself a very healthy person other than a few bad habits

Don't tell me you shoot coke... But I hope that at least it's organic!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Yet another attempt of the Obama Administration to further destroy the USA economy!

2nd Line

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Thank you so much for posting this info! I just bought some of that imported Brazilian orange juice earlier today. Reading ATS really can prolong a person's life!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Luckily this affects only imported oranges which is only 10% of our orange count.
Brazil and some Europe

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I came across this post while drinking Simply Orange. I love the stuff so I went to their website and sure enough part of their oranges come from Brazil. I drink a huge glass every night. Ehhh We all die a little more every day. I'll just keep taking my Milk Thistle and hope it actually works on keeping a liver healthy. ???

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Thanks to this thread, I just wasted $6 worth of Minute Maid fresh squeezed (from Brazil).

For now on, I'm squeezing my own (Organic) oranges.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I figure as the price of screwdrivers go up
and vodka sells start to drop.
The alcohol lobbyist will twist the Senators arms
and a bill will be drafted late at nite.
The next day orange juice
will flow over the border again.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
only in amerika... halt import of orange juice but feed the people tons of chemical laden junkfood and genetically modified rubbish... truly bloody amazing....

It makes no sense, does it? I'm beginning to think this whole orange juice crisis was fabricated to retaliate against Brazil's ties with Iran. See

articles.cnn.com...:WORLD

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by qver74

Originally posted by Expat888

It makes no sense, does it? I'm beginning to think this whole orange juice crisis was fabricated to retaliate against Brazil's ties with Iran. See

articles.cnn.com...:WORLD

A oil spill fine might be in the works also.

Authorities in Brazil are to sue oil giants Chevron (CVX) and Transocean (RIG) for more than $10 billion as well as seek a ban on both companies working in the country after around 3,000 barrels of oil were spilled last month off Rio de Janeiro. Read more: www.minyanville.com...

www.minyanville.com...

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Good to know you can't even trust drinking a glass of orange juice now days. Where has our world gone? The gutter that's where. We are just a polluted pile of dirt and diseased water now, topped off with fumes and holes in our atmosphere, lets not forget about all the chemicals we spray on the ground and the chemtrails in the air and the acid carried in the rainwater and the fluoride in our tap, and the gmo and the bpa! WTF OMG

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
If anyone wants orange juice that isn't mixed with foreign citrus, and isn't altered with flavor packs, may I nudge you in the direction of Indian River juice? It's from the east coast FL groves, and nowhere else, and NOT sullied with flavor packs, either. It does cost more, but it certainly tastes like good old fashioned squeeze-it-yourself juice. I switched to them after noticing that Simply Orange, which used to be only FL juice, had incorporated foreign citrus. Indian River appears to have a very good company ethic, I highly doubt they will ever blend with other juices.

<< 1   >>

join