It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA Halts Orange Juice Imports for Test

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

FDA Halts Orange Juice Imports for Test

www.bloomberg.com

U.S. regulators have halted shipments of imported orange juice from all countries, and plan to destroy or ban products if tests find even low levels from a prohibited fungicide. Initial test results are due this week.

The imports are being held while they are tested and may be sold if levels are below trace amounts, according to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.

The fungicide, linked in studies to increased risk of liver tumors in animals, was found in trace amounts last month in orange juice products from Brazil, which produces about 41 percent of U.S. imports, according to census
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.guardian.co.uk
www.reuters.com

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Add orange juice to the long list of things that are supposed to be good for us, but instead might be poisoning us. I wonder if Canada will follow the United States and look into this contamination because we get our orange juices from the same place.

In most cases if the FDA is willing to admit there may be a problem it usually means things are worse than they're telling us, it could also be a political and or financially motivated decision.

And of course the corporations are saying everything is fine:

“Brazilian orange juice is safe and always has been,” said Dan Schafer, a spokesman for the Atlanta-based Coca Cola Co., which owns the Minute Maid brand, in an e-mail. “Second, this is an issue that impacts every company that produces products in the U.S. containing orange juice from Brazil.”

I'm going to stick to purified water until all this gets figured out, plus the price of OJ just sky rocketed because of this news.

www.bloomberg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I think the notorious Florida/California orange grove cartels have hired Mossad to sabotage foreign exporters.

All missions were supervised by CIA/MI6 managment elements.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
and i am happy to hear this:

The FDA is working with the Environmental Protection Agency on steps the agencies can take to reduce overall arsenic levels in food, according to the agency.

I'm glad they won't increase those levels !

What were these two outfits doing together BEFORE taking steps to reduce arsenic levels ?

Hmmm.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I read somewhere that Canada is the #1 fruit juice consumer per capita. If there is a danger of carcinogenic fungicide in our juice, I would hope our government would do the same.

I drink a LOT of orange juice, at least a cup a day. Its my primary source of vitamin C and its delicious. I hope my orange juice doesn't contain any of this fungicide

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Our food chain is so messed up. I consider myself a very healthy person other than a few bad habits, but no matter how hard we try we come across multiple poisons on a daily basis. If it's not radiation it's arsenic, if it's not arsenic it's fungicide. There is also all the other crap they put in our foods.

All these agencies are politically and financially motivated. I'm guessing they have known about this for a while but someone else came across this information and were going to go public so these officials had no choice but to make this announcement.

edit on 11-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

low levels from a prohibited fungicide. Initial test results are due this week.

Low levels(?) of a "fungicide"? They already announce they found it but "tests" are ongoing?
By any chance does this fungicide set off "fungus alarms" on the dock, or just the ones that look for radioactivity?
Something doesn't sound right here...

edit on 11-1-2012 by intrptr because: syntax

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I originally came across this discovery yesterday but the FDA had not stepped in yet. Personally I believe it's due to the fungicide, but if you're implying it's due to radiation it's certainly a possibility but unlikely in my opinion. The reason I think radiation is unlikely is because the jet stream carrying most the fall out is north of the equator. Am I missing something here? If you got more info please share.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
i got orange juice from the grocery today, 2 for 1 deal. i got the craving after not have had orange juice for over a year.
then as soon a i came to site after getting home, i read this...

however i checked, and my juice is not imported. so im safe for now. or at least until we find out that something is wrong with our own food. that happens every now and then to. -.-

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

In the article it states that the fungicide was discovered by an orange juice company testing their product. The name of the company is not specified.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Same here about purified or distilled water. There is a ton of stuff passing thru our gullets these days.

Distillation, when combined with carbon filtration, will kill and remove virtually 100% of bacteria, viruses, cysts, and will remove heavy metals, inorganics; including minerals, radionuclides, particulates, and organics; including VOC’s.

distilled water myths

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by intrptr

I originally came across this discovery yesterday but the FDA had not stepped in yet. Personally I believe it's due to the fungicide, but if you're implying it's due to radiation it's certainly a possibility but unlikely in my opinion. The reason I think radiation is unlikely is because the jet stream carrying most the fall out is north of the equator. Am I missing something here? If you got more info please share.

I also would think radiation is unlikely, too many food and water sources would be affected, and nothing could be done about it.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

I personally believe that there are higher than normal amounts of radiation in our food, water, and air supply since after the Fukushima disaster. But I doubt this particular incident is due to radiation as I believe the other member was hinting.

I wonder if the California oranges are radioactive because I'm not sure if Florida oranges are currently available and Brazilian oranges are contaminated with fungicide.

Those little oranges from Japan taste good but I'm not eating anything from over there.

Orange lovers are screwed

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Here is some more information on the matter.

Factbox: Fungicide found in orange juice imports

It sounds like it could be coming from the United States. The article explains that a different fungicide that is widely used in the U.S. breaks down into the banned substance that has been detected. According to the article it's not used on oranges.

However, another fungicide that is used on food products, thiophanate-methyl, breaks down into carbendazim after application. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) thus allows small amounts of carbendazim on 31 kinds of food, including grains, nuts and some fruits like strawberries -- but not on citrus.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by intrptr

The reason I think radiation is unlikely is because the jet stream carrying most the fall out is north of the equator. Am I missing something here? If you got more info please share.

Sorry guys, maybe I mispoke about the juice. I have absolutely no evidence that it may be radioactivity. Just thought the story sounded like a lot of other stories about halting shipments on the docks for one reason or another. The FUKU thread on ATS is daily updated by regulars with their nose to the rumor mill as it were. Some of those regulars are Japanese citizens living in the exclusion zone and provide good input about the current lies and omission of data from the MSM. The ongoing Fukushima thread is a good daily read to stay in touch with the nuke meltdowns in Japan. We are unlikely to get information otherwise (or any information at all?).

I have read on there about radiation traveling around the globe and washing out with the rain here, there, and affecting food shipments around the world. The levels are increasing, not decreasing. This is the consensus on the thread. The thread is a long one and I can't find any posts quickly that relay this. I surmise that we are being kept in the dark about the truth of how serious the ramifications down the road are and just wonder aloud sometimes about another shipment of something being held for "whatever" reason. We don't hear any information about it from the MSM (total blackout) and that gets me to wondering about it. Thanks all for keeping me in check, I should not have spoke without having proof. Sorry guys.

This is the current page in the FUKU thread on ATS. Ask Zworld, Aircooled, Human, and ThorFourwinds (among others) there, they are better informed than I.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

No need to apologize, I'm with you on the radiation thing, just not on this event. Your theory is possible, I won't shoot you down for presenting a theory. It was based on logic so there's nothing wrong with that.

I'm sending you a U2U of a recent story that might interest you. I would post it in here but it's kind of off topic.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glass
reply to post by intrptr

In the article it states that the fungicide was discovered by an orange juice company testing their product. The name of the company is not specified.

I left a retraction for my statement on this thread about radioactive juice here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Most companies have to routinely test foods and beverages multiple times a day before giving them to the public. Most manufacturing facilities have their own labs in them to do this.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I found a website with pictures of Brazil's orange juice...making..storage etc.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

abcnews.go.com...

Carbendazim has been found to cause birth defects in rodents. Studies also have shown that in human cells in laboratories, the chemical can cause chromosome problems. However, the chemical has not been shown to harm humans.

Well thats a good sign. It messes with human chromosomes, but I guess only cells outside the body. Whew...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join