It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Couple Married 6 Decades Die Hours Apart

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
There's been so many of these stories. There is nothing more powerful than the true love of soul-mates. My wife's grandmother died many years ago and said that she told whomever it was (God, Jesus, an angel - I don't remember at the moment) that she had to go back because her husband wouldn't be OK without her. She ended up coming back and living for many years. When her time finally came, her husband, children, and grandchildren were with her and she died peacefully. She must have known that after almost 64 years of marriage (she died 4 days before their 64th anniversary) that her husband would be following her soon - which he did just a couple of months later. He even had commented in the days before his death that, even though he knew his wife was dead, he kept seeing her in the room and he knew she was waiting for him. He seemed happy to know that he would be with her soon.

It is my hope that my wife and I go like this. Before my wife and I got together I thought that soul-mates was a bunch of sappy nonsense (and I had been married previously), but I have no doubt now that we are soul-mates and we will spend eternity with each other. There's just this connection that goes beyond mere love and I feel privileged to be one of the relatively few who got to find it.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by tallcool1

Your recounting is too beautiful for words.
I hope your wife, and you, are as blessed as those before you.
peace

new topics

<< 1   >>

join