It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Couple Married 6 Decades Die Hours Apart

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Couple Married 6 Decades Die Hours Apart

Another achingly beautiful reminder of the power of love...

Richard and Nancy Trimmer, who were married 61 years—and died on Sunday, within 12 hours of each other. The Evening Sun reports that the Pennsylvania couple learned that 81-year-old Richard had lung cancer in November; he was given six months. After a fall, he was taken to York Hospital, and his wife didn't react well.

"She didn't want to be in the house without him," explains the couple's daughter-in-law. "It was all just getting too hard, so God took care of it."

Nancy was soon hospitalized in a separate location for lingering issues from a 10-year-old heart surgery. At 12:25am Sunday, she died.

When the family arrived at Richard's bedside to break the bad news, they discovered him in far worse condition than usual—and the clock in his room stuck at 12:25. His family stayed with him as he repeatedly said, "Pull me up." And then, "Hold me tighter now." And then he was gone.

That hurts...

Here’s the companion thread to this one: Couple Married 72 Years Dies Holding Hands

peace

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
It's a shame they couldn't spend their last hours together

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I was going to say it is well documented, but I don't have any documentary evidence, so I will say that anecdotal evidence. I.e what I have contnually heard is that it is not uncommon for couple that have lived happily together for years. to die very close together. sometimes months or less than a year apart. quite literally dieing of a broken heart.

Maybe it is because, if they exists, the soul cannot survive alone one it finds its mate, (the yin to the yang) and simply yearns more to return to a state of unity rather than prolong existence within the host form alone.

of course there are may cases of the surviving partner living for many years after a spousal death, but then who is to say that they were soul mates. Of course it is rare. but I believe there is truth there.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
What is 'beautiful' about the news that 2 people died?

And second: It sounds like a fabricated story. The clock stuck, talk about god...yeah right
Sounds like a scene of a bad soap opera or one of those sappy TV dramas.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

With a name like "shadowangel" and you cannot see the beauty in this. the beauty lies not in death, but in two kindred spirits leaving the world together. A symbiotic relationship. the one cannot live without the other. it is the love that spares the one from the torment of losing the other and vice versa.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
How romantic, I know if my lady goes before me I'll follow soon after.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I actually broke a few tears reading those 2 threads... makes me believe that love is the most powerful thing in the universe.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

Aawwww you big softie. And your avatar makes you look so big and tough too!!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg

With a name like "shadowangel" and you cannot see the beauty in this. the beauty lies not in death, but in two kindred spirits leaving the world together. A symbiotic relationship. the one cannot live without the other. it is the love that spares the one from the torment of losing the other and vice versa.

You have a way with words and expressed the sentiment I wanted to echo so felt it was worth repeating. "How Romantic!"

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
My parents, married 77 years, died 1 week apart this last fall. Once my Dad died, my mom quit life, said so, then it came true. They died close enough to be buried together. They did it all their way, so we've accepted that as all good and are moving forward.

My wife of 36 years and I should be so fortunate.
edit on 11-1-2012 by tkwasny because: Addition

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
When we're getting bombarded on practically a daily basis with news stories about family members killing each other and then themselves, a story like this stands as a stark contrast. It shows how things should be rather than how they are. Seems like people who carry true love in their hearts are getting harder and harder to find while those who carry hate in their hearts are abundant.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
When I met my girlfriend, I told her she was the kind of girl
that would still look amazing when she'll be 70...

I hope we are still together then

Beautiful story
S&F

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
This happened to my grandparents. My grandfather had died in the hospital due to complications from lung cancer. My grandmother, who was in perfect health, was found a few days later dead in her bed. She must have died in her sleep. But they found her with a big smile on her face.

So I totally believe in this.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DerekJR321

The perfect way to go. Happy. Death is not bad. it is not scary it is part of life. Only the manner in which it happens is that of which we are afraid.

Knowing the above only confirms that it is possible to pass with a smile on your face. Most likely in the knowledge that you have had a full life, and done everything your reason for being was.

Only were it always that way!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
This is why my hope for humanity will never quite die.

Married for all those years, almost twice as long as I've been alive, and probably best friends as well as spouses. In the whatever that comes after this existence, as I said in the other thread, they'll be together then, too.

I lost two friends who were together for several years who passed within days of each other...and I have no doubts that they're together in the whatever comes next, too.

Sad. Sweet.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

What is 'beautiful' about the news that 2 people died?

News Flash - 10 out of 10 people do.

There's also a 'sister' thread to this one - same type of account - only the couple who'd been together all their lives? Died in the hospital holding hands only moments apart.

Your choice to believe or not believe, to find some warmth in the thread or not. I happen to believe it's absolutely lovely.

peace

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DerekJR321

This happened to my grandparents. My grandfather had died in the hospital due to complications from lung cancer. My grandmother, who was in perfect health, was found a few days later dead in her bed. She must have died in her sleep. But they found her with a big smile on her face.

Your recount of the lives of your GP's really gave me the shivers. Thank you so much for sharing!

peace

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
my grandparents are still married since may 1961, together since the early 50's. they live seperate but see each other every day, I drive my grandpa to see my grandma in her home. she has diabetes and breast cancer, he has alzheimers and parkinsons.
I know the inevitable is coming and I brace myself for it, it feels like the hole in my heart is already in place though.
she always mentions that it's not too soon where she will pass. "oh you can have my TV, my cat" etc..I just try and laugh it off, because I know I won't be laughing when the time actually comes and goes.
they raised me and succeeded where my so-called parents failed, for that I am grateful beyond measure, for the rest of my life. my grandpa taught me what being a man means without having to tell me a word, and my grandma has taught me compassion by showing it to me endlessly.
edit on 12-1-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
My maternal grandparents were married 69 years. When Gramma died she was bedridden and in early stages of dementia. Grampa refused to put her in a home and hired a live in nurse. He said he'd never leave her first. My Grampa was a very active 93 yr old, working daily in his yard and garden. After Gramma died i remember him saying "everything is okay now". A month later he died, he went to sleep one night and just never woke up.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

It's not an easy thing. Maybe even harder when you know it's coming, and there's nothing you can do about it. Getting angry doesn't help. Screaming at God doesn't help. I tried all those and few others...

All you can really do is have faith that whatever pain and suffering your loved ones may have will be over.

ETA: Don't forget to laugh, they wouldn't want that, y'know?
edit on 1/12/2012 by seagull because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join