It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Words of Real Truth and Wisdom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to share with you some of the people I think are really creating deep change on an individual basis. These are people who resonate very strongly with me. Their words are real truth and wisdom. No pretense, no "new age" baggage, just regular people who have had amazing realizations.

I offer this as I am interested in who's words and actions you are digging right now also. I love finding new authors and website to check out so please pass them along!

These are people who are not usually mentioned when great teachers/thinkers are brought up and I wanted to add them into the mix as well. Here we go -

ADYASHANTI

"Adyashanti is an American-born spiritual teacher devoted to serving the awakening of all beings. His teachings are an open invitation to stop, inquire, and recognize what is true and liberating at the core of all existence.

"Asked to teach in 1996 by his Zen teacher of 14 years, Adyashanti offers teachings that are free of any tradition or ideology. “The Truth I point to is not confined within any religious point of view, belief system, or doctrine, but is open to all and found within all.”

www.adyashanti.org...

NOAH LEVINE (DHARMA PUNX)

"Noah Levine's search for meaning led him first to punk rock, drugs, drinking, and dissatisfaction. But the search didn't end there. Having clearly seen the uselessness of drugs and violence, Noah looked for positive ways to channel his rebellion against what he saw as the lies of society.

Fueled by his anger and so much injustice and suffering, Levine now uses that energy and the practice of Buddhism to awaken his natural wisdom and compassion"

www.dharmapunx.com...
againstthestream.org...

MOOJI

"For the following six years, Mooji drifted in a state of spontaneous meditation oblivious to the outer world he formally knew. During these years, he lived almost penniless but was constantly absorbed in inner joy, contentment and natural meditation. Grace came in the form of his sister Julianne, who welcomed Mooji into her home with loving kindness, and afforded him the time and space he much needed to flower spiritually, without the usual pressures and demands of external life.

Mooji refers to this period of his life as his "wilderness years" and speaks touchingly of a deep feeling of being "seated on the Lap of God". In many respects, these were far from easy times for Mooji, yet there is no trace of regret or remorse in his tone as he recounts these years. On the contrary, he speaks of this phase of his life as being richly blessed and abundant in grace, trust and loving devotion."

www.mooji.org...

HONORABLE MENTIONS -

Thanissaro Bhikkhu

Ajahn Brahm

Ram Dass

Thanks for letting me share! Looking forward to what everyone else has to share....

Much Peace....
edit on 11-1-2012 by wrdwzrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
links fixed!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Istead of that only put

17_TtOysQOA inside

bah, you got it

edit on 11-1-2012 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by wrdwzrd

You dont add the entire link you add the numbers and letters after the "="

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by wrdwzrd

Thanks very much for these vids! S/F from me...

You might be interested in another thread that has some good links:
What are you studying? Recent, Current & Future Reading Lists / Paths of Research

Feel free to join in!
Looking forward to viewing your contributions here (and there if you decide to!).
--wt
edit on 11-1-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by wrdwzrd

Robert Anton Wilson – arguably the father of conspiracy theory and the most underrated philosopher of our time. Without him I wouldn't have taken the leap into philosophy and bettering myself.

If you can get past the low production value, there are some great gems of insight in everything this man says.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Yes, love RAW! Read "Prometheus Rising" back in the day and loved it...

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
nobody else?! Im bumping this back up!

J.KRISHNAMURTI, great thinker!

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Sorry, but anyone who takes a stage-name loses ALL credibility with me when it comes to spiritual teaching. If you have to adopt a hindi name because "Bob Jones" isn't mysterious enough, then I have no desire to listen to what you have to say. It seems far more indicative of marketing than it does of self-redefinition. Just,, grow up, folks.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I don't particularly resonate with spiritual philosophies that seek self-annihilation or loss of ego. I prefer philosophies that purify, refine, and explore the ego. After all, aren't we here to play as individuals? If we wanted to float around and just be nothingness/everythingness all at once, we probably wouldn't have incarnated.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Stunspot

they are not "stage names", most of these guys are actual monks and it is part of that tradition to change your name. I put these up because these guys are not "spritual new agey" sell outs, they are really down to earth. did you even watch the videos??

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Reddupo

you are way off....it has everything to do with EGO......

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
keep chasing your tails ATS....aliens, ghosts and whatever seem to be big sellers here. everything else is just radio silence. gotta say Im disappointed in ATS, not just from this post but other things on here as well. I won't be back....

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by wrdwzrd

keep chasing your tails ATS....aliens, ghosts and whatever seem to be big sellers here. everything else is just radio silence. gotta say Im disappointed in ATS, not just from this post but other things on here as well. I won't be back....

Bummer! Another one with mind firmly closed.

We'll be here if you choose to return and embrace the thoughts of others, wrdwzrd. Sorry you felt you were "told" to go the other thread on reading lists.....it was meant as an additional offering of esoteric wisdoms....
Best of luck.
--wt

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Why are all the newer Truth&Wisdom guys bald headed? Is this some kind of requirement or just coincidence? I started shaving my head almost two years ago, but now I'm thinking that I'll have to grow the damn stuff back again to keep from coming across like a copycat. Is there some sort of unconscious deference that's paid to men with shaved heads speaking esoteric phrases, and is this in any way connected to Larry Fishburn's shaved head in The Matrix?

These are the questions that spring up when I see each new gleaming guru skull chattering eternal truths on YouTube clips these days. I've begun to wish that I didn't like that look on me. It's like running into a girl with the exact same dress at a party...I would imagine.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Sri NISARGADATTA MAHARAJ:

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Another not well known but brilliant guy:

Peter Brown

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
This is Tony Parsons telling the truth:
youtu.be...

top topics