It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

think!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
i can't believe all these posts about the upcoming american election.do you people think your vote actually counts?!!! big corperations decide who their poster boy will be.not you!
the last real president was JFK,and look where that landed him --- DEAD!
ever since then america has been ruled by the corperation.
ron paul sounds like he wants to change things,but..... if he actually had a snowballs chance in hell of 'winning',do you not think he wouldn't be under the thumb of big buisness?
your vote means nothing! ive already read a post about how the votes were rigged from the last debate.
how did bush win his election? with the help of his brother,the govoner of florida.
keep eating the grain sheeple,breathe in some more fabreez,drink more flourinated water,give your kids more mind bending drugs because there not normal,dinner at McDonalds tonight,and pass me a can of that aspritain/poison diet soda cause i'm on a diet!
have any of you 'political' minded people know how the american revolution started?
well i think its time to understand,and do something!
i'm in canada and the same crap applies.my government is working on a scheme to downgrade our health care(sound familiar) gee.100 years ago we didnt need it,because we weren't polluting the planet will 'progress'
oh the great obama,people crying when he got elected,what do you think of him now?
if you want freedom,then you have to fight for it. perhaps not physically,but educate yourself.
grow your own veggies,stop buying the chemveggies,and meat - support your local organic farmers that are getting snuffed out like a candle. there are hundreds of different things you can do.
stop huffing fabreeze,stop disinfecting every thing with those stupid wipes.how do you think these 'super' bugs make you sick? they evolve to their surroundings,we are de evolving.
its so simple,i can't understand why everyone doesnt get it!
BUT! they got you
the fall of rome has to happen again! get off your couch,turn off your plasma tv,and think!
it wouldn't hurt to jump on a bicycle instead of driving your suv to the corner store to get a bag of chips!
this rant is for everyone around the world.canadians &amercans the most. look at the rest of the world,its a global revolt! what are the north american sheeple gonna do? 'vote' and hope for the best?
the doomsday clock has just been pushed up 1 min. ya this sounds normal.do something,or enjoy your vote!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

At the very least, Paul's - and various other peoples' - campaigns are changing nation discussion and bringing awareness of certain important issues to the public mind. I would say it's equally an educational campaign as much as it is one with goal of winning an election.

So, unless you have some recommendation on doing so more effectively, perhaps you can take a second to think about this and realize it's a pretty good idea for some of us to support it - regardless of the likelihood of winning. If things keep going the way they are, we have a pretty good chance of being able to even rewrite some things in the republican platform and change the way the party works.

edit on 1/11/2012 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

Well said, I will vote for Ron but still I know they're all puppets and this puppets doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of winning. I love the hopeful RON 2012 banners and supporters but as you said in your rant people don't get it. You wanted change and hope in Obama and now you hope you have enough change to get home. You can want all kinds of things to happen, so much for the false feeling of freedom because whoever TPTB want to win will win and it ain't Paul.
edit on 11-1-2012 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-1-2012 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

So you are saying...Go back to sleep?

Nah, not going to happen. I've always been awake.

I would suggest you do the same. (Not a personnal attack)

Individuals can only do so much individually. But we can make our voice heard, just as you just did.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

Maybe, maybe not.
But it does raise awareness.
English is not your native tongue is it?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

good point sir. my intent was not to offend anyone. and no.i don't have any better ways,i'll admit that.
all i wanted to express was the lack of knowlege of most people.i think if most people would be aware of what is going on around them,we all wouln't be in this cunumdrum,no?
thank you for your civil reply,i admire that.(i like to think of myself as a gentleman as well,beit,mind the rant!
i have to diffuse occasionally!) i do agree with ron paul ,but....... is he the next jfk? if so how long do you think it will take before he is shot in the head?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mileslong54

'change to get home' was funny as hell! i laughed out loud to that! i was afraid i was gonna get attacked by my rant!
thanx brother!
knock on wood,more replies sent!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

agreed! thank you

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by reficul

all i wanted to express was the lack of knowlege of most people.i think if most people would be aware of what is going on around them,we all wouln't be in this cunumdrum,no?

Understood. And I would like to think not - as Lincoln said:

I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crises. The great point is to bring them the real facts.

...which ties in excellently with the request that Kennedy made of the press - and they've failed miserably at:

Without debate, without criticism, no Administration and no country can succeed-- and no republic can survive. That is why the Athenian lawmaker Solon decreed it a crime for any citizen to shrink from controversy. And that is why our press was protected by the First (emphasized) Amendment-- the only business in America specifically protected by the Constitution-- not primarily to amuse and entertain, not to emphasize the trivial and sentimental, not to simply "give the public what it wants"--but to inform, to arouse, to reflect, to state our dangers and our opportunities, to indicate our crises and our choices, to lead, mold educate and sometimes even anger public opinion...

...And so it is to the printing press--to the recorder of mans deeds, the keeper of his conscience, the courier of his news-- that we look for strength and assistance, confident that with your help man will be what he was born to be: free and independent.

thank you for your civil reply,i admire that.(i like to think of myself as a gentleman as well,beit,mind the rant!
i have to diffuse occasionally!) i do agree with ron paul ,but....... is he the next jfk? if so how long do you think it will take before he is shot in the head?

Sure thing, friend, and no offense taken - I understand the point and truth of it, even if the implication drives me a little batty. As to him being the next JFK - if he were impressively to succeed and become elected, it's a very good question and serious concern. I'm hoping that the realistic possible outcome would be enough of a risk to prevent such a thought, but only time would tell - and they have been prepping for domestic disturbances for quite some time. At the very least, I would hope he'd make a very solid and trustworthy pick for VP.

Take care.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

thank you! yes actually the queen's English is my fist laguage,keyboarding,well! havent perfected that yet! (i'm getting better though!) thanx for your reply though

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

yes i am a tool fan,look up tool & the fibbonaci code!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Some of what you say is true it is rigged but not the way you see it. Like on the Republicans side they get who the elitists, the corporations and unions want Then during the run-up to the election the media will dig as much dirt up on the unfavorable candidate and create a huge scandal and go ad nauseum on the subject until youre sick and tired of hearing whatever the scandal is and are either frustrated and don't vote or go with the one they leave alone.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by reficul

yes i am a tool fan,look up tool & the fibbonaci code!

You apparently haven't looked at that thread in my signature yet - that's pretty much what it's about, and some of the other posters offered up some additional easter eggs. You might enjoy it, go check it out.

top topics

join