It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Derry residents allowed to return home after mystery explosion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Derry residents allowed to return home after mystery explosion

www.guardian.co.uk

Residents in Derry who were forced to flee their homes on Tuesday after reports of a loud explosion were able to return on Wednesday afternoon.

Mystery still surrounds the origin of the blast, which could be heard six miles away at the city's airport.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.belfasttelegrap h.co.uk
www.derryjournal.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
An odd revelation concerning the rumbling/buzzing sound phenomena.
Incredibly Strange Phenomena in Knoxville Tennessee Right Now (teus,10-1-12 4am)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
This is very strange, especially the fact that it was heard so far and wide.

The quote by the police officer saying "What we also have is reports of masked men who made off from Dunfield Terrace" makes me think it could be some offshoot IRA movement testing explosive, but surely they don't have the kind of power needed to cause actual shockwaves across a whole city?

It all seems quite odd, especially when the "strange rumbling sound" is back.

www.guardian.co.uk

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
There has not been a serious attack in England for a long time,

I think the last incident was in 2009, when 2 British soldier's were shot, and killed.

Link to story

When I saw your headline, and the first couple lines of your post, I thought UFO crash

But with reports of masked men fleeing, I bet they are training for the Olympics this year.

I hope I am wrong, but we all know its a target, for everyone the colonial powers have screwed over,

Around the globe.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

edit on 11-1-2012 by PURIFIER because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
it was a lorry tyre bursting lol, its being blown out of proportion by the police and the media. im from derry btw

Originally posted by Scope and a Beam

but surely they don't have the kind of power needed to cause actual shockwaves across a whole city?

you think so??? they set of a 200lb bomb in derry last year.
edit on 11-1-2012 by truthseeker10 because: not finished

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I always love these "Mystery Explosions" and just have to ask...How the hell do you have an explosion so big and loud that people need to be evacuated and yet...it's all a mystery?

My conspiracy sense gets tingling when I hear these things and I always think that maybe someone wants people out of a certain area so as to do what needs to be done without witnesses.

Distraction? Maybe...Maybe not.

Peace

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Pennywise is the culprit, no doubt about it.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
I always love these "Mystery Explosions" and just have to ask...How the hell do you have an explosion so big and loud that people need to be evacuated and yet...it's all a mystery?

My conspiracy sense gets tingling when I hear these things and I always think that maybe someone wants people out of a certain area so as to do what needs to be done without witnesses.

Distraction? Maybe...Maybe not.

Peace

yeah no-one has come forward to say they saw the explosion, no damage has been reported!!!

meanwhile across the city there are eyewitnesses,evidence and damage from the lorry tyre blowout + cctv footage lol.

i think your on the right track tho jude, blaming dissident republicans for the interuption will make the people of that area turn against them even more. very crafty trick
edit on 11-1-2012 by truthseeker10 because: ...........

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
There is no way in hell that a tyre bursting, even on a lorry, could cause shock waves and the police to evacuate residents.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
the two streets involved are on the exact opposite sides of the river foyle water will carry the sound. this all happened at the exact same time.

the blow out smashed 2 or 3 windows ive never heard that happen before but it happened

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Scope and a Beam

This isn't a Steven King Viral Is it?
It sounds like one,with the strange event,and the location-Derry.

Poor folks in Derry,whenever somethin happens,idiots like me start thinkin about Steven King books.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Weird story. I'm wondering if there's any chance that it was a fast moving aircraft. The sonic boom of a plane flying above the speed of sound is notoriously loud.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeissacred

Weird story. I'm wondering if there's any chance that it was a fast moving aircraft. The sonic boom of a plane flying above the speed of sound is notoriously loud.

doubt it that place is very busy, half the town would have reported a low flying aircraft.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker10

It doesn't necessarily need to be a low flying craft in order to be extremely loud. The video I've embedded shows what Concorde sounded like from the ground at what I assume is typical cruising altitude.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scope and a Beam

This is very strange, especially the fact that it was heard so far and wide.

The quote by the police officer saying "What we also have is reports of masked men who made off from Dunfield Terrace" makes me think it could be some offshoot IRA movement testing explosive, but surely they don't have the kind of power needed to cause actual shockwaves across a whole city?

It all seems quite odd, especially when the "strange rumbling sound" is back.

www.guardian.co.uk

You are intriguing me about "the strange rumbling sound is back" I haven't heard about that. As for the madmen, I hope the decent Derry folk get their city back soon.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Derry in the state of Maine is named after the city of Derry in northern Ireland. In Gaelic it is called Doire. But the English invaders couldn't pronounce it. It is commonly called Londondery by the British media and Protestants living in northern Ireland. The media and England in general always try to blow all bangs and bombs on terrorism in northern Ireland it gives them an excuse to maintain the British army on the streets and armed police checkpoints as a normal part of life in northern Ireland.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Lol no, definitely not a viral

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Hey jo-bob see if you can light my fart on fire . . .

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Low flying aircraft sign on the road side for ages but there was no low flying aircraft

edit on 19-6-2012 by chopper77 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-6-2012 by chopper77 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join