It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you date an alien?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Could you bring yourself to date an alien? Even if she looked like a green skinned Orion on Star Trek? I would be concerned about what people thought. Also, any reprisals from people on our and her planet would be an issue.

I think it would have to be someone with a very brave sense of adventure to initiate such a relationship. Not to mention any potential medical and emotional dangers in terms of sex.

Could they manipulate you with telepathy or advanced pheromones? A myriad of issues come to mind.

What if you met and fell in love with a blob based being? are you that open minded?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Well, I'm transgender. You could ask the question 'Would you date a transgendered person?' and likely get the same response from most people.

Me? Sure I would. Nothing matters to me but what someone's soul is like.
edit on 11-1-2012 by zanysami because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Ha this is funny...If there is any truth to these so called Nordic aliens then hell #ing ya

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I am an alien. Wanna date?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by zanysami
Well, I'm transgender. You could ask the question 'Would you date a transgendered person?' and likely get the same response from most people.

Me? Sure I would. Nothing matters to me but what someone's soul is like.
edit on 11-1-2012 by zanysami because: (no reason given)

The soul..shame on me for missing that.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by HawkeyeNation
Ha this is funny...If there is any truth to these so called Nordic aliens then hell #ing ya

Nordic aliens? link?

link   
reply to post by mandroids

I think attraction is key in any relationship, and therefore you would have to be attracted to said alien. Now whether they look like Jubba the Hut (Star Wars) or Dax (Star Trek DS9) or any of the other gorgeous aliens in sci fi would depend on your tastes I suppose unless of course they are using alien phermones that we are powerless to resist. If that is the case there are a few women I know in my life that I would like to use some of the those phermones on

Aside from that I will go on record to officially say that I will date an alien if they are even remotely close to looking Liara on Mass Effect or even Deanna Troy. Yea I'll be there.

link   
Dating a Blob...Not really, might drown or something.

But this

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mandroids

Originally posted by HawkeyeNation

Nordic aliens? link?

I don't have a link but from the stories i've read/watched they make them out to be these very good looking blonde females. Think Jenny McCarthy...

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
hah... im not sure if the "aliens" would like to date us
it would be like if we dated a gorilla

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

"Even if she looked like a green skinned Orion on Star Trek?"

What do you mean "even if", that look is a plus IMO. Maybe it's because I'm younger and have no qualms about dating outside of my race, but as long as a person is attractive physically and personality wise...I wouldn't have a problem dating them.

Oh, and who wouldn't date an alien for the novelty of the experience. So much to learn, so much information and culture to be shared....so much culture...

To answer your question, yes, yes I would. I would be a little self conscious at first, but only because I would know that human women would be extra jealous and older people would see me as a true "race traitor". However, in the long run, I wouldn't care much. As long as people care about one another and treat each other with love, then the relationship is A-OK in my book.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Not sure about dating an alien but i've woken up next to some women that didn't look like they did a few hours ago

Shape shifters or too much beer the night before?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
HAHA well, those green skins have a way of manipulating men.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Date one? I MARRIED one!

Love ya, honey!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
You shameful lot!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

I think Alien Nation is a great representation of what things would be like if we intermingled with a race from another planet. That was probably one of the best shows I have seen that accurately portrayed the way humans would be react. There will always be people who have issues with anything different. Whether it be the color of their skin, or that they have tentacles lol. It doesn't matter, the mentality of humans is biased and prejudiced. There isn't a person in the world that can claim they are not prejudiced towards something.

I think everyone is a bit racist as well but of course no one wants to admit to it, but I can honestly say that I have even done it before unintentionally. I think it's written in our subconcious by all the negativity that we have grown up with and read about in history. The difference is that I am not afraid to admit that I have done it in the past, how many can claim the same?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I would date this alien..

and

edit on 11-1-2012 by Vandalour because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

As long as it was from outer space and not like a mexican alien type, sure!
Leila ftw!!
Sexxeh cyclops, and she wears combat boots.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
if they were human like or maybe had third/fourth boob to make up for it ^^
wont be much different than dating someone with different skin colour (is whats inside what counts)

but if they some sort of evil alien no no no....
i wanna be the one doing the probing not her/him/it

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
If they looked like this:

And especially:

Then Hell Yeah!

IDK if 7 of 9 qualifies as an alien since she was originally an Earther, but hey... Let's throw her into the mix too, can't hurt.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join