It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biological Hazard in The Bahamas on Wednesday, 11 January, 2012 at 17:36 (05:36 PM) UTC.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Biological Hazard in The Bahamas on Wednesday, 11 January, 2012 at 17:36 (05:36 PM) UTC.

hisz.rsoe.hu

Hundreds of dead fish and other marine life washed up at Montagu Foreshore yesterday, baffling fishermen and environmental officials alike. The young fish littered the shoreline. There were varying species, including snappers, barracudas, minnows, needlefish, puffer fish and even an octopus. Spokesperson for the Montagu Vendors Association Sherlin Brown said he just wanted to know what was going on. “I’ve never seen this before,” Brown said. “It isn’t normal
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Mass Fish Die-Off in Chicago - USA

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Another mass fish die off, these die offs are becoming more and more frequent. There is another thread reporting mass fish deaths in Chicago today as well. I am wondering if the low frequency noises that people are reporting daily now are affecting wildlife. To date there have been quite a few events of this nature since January 1st.

hisz.rsoe.hu
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
What scares me most, is that it will take a mass human die off before we finally figure out whats really causing it. In the meantime, people will just believe what they're told.

It was fireworks, OF COURSE!!!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Immune

Thanks for posting this and mentioning Chicago as well.

I'm still laughing at the authorities blaming fireworks again for the birds dying this past New Years.

Keep us posted on any new developments.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Here is another:

Biological Hazard in Norway on Monday, 02 January, 2012 at 17:44 (05:44 PM) UTC.
Description
Thousands of dead herring have been discovered washed up on a north Norwegian beach - prompting Doomsday predictors to hail it as another sign the world is set to end. More than 20 tonnes of the fish is currently carpeting the beach of Kvaenes, in Nordreisa, with experts views differing on how they have come to be there. One thing is for sure, it will provide welcome ammunition to those believing the Mayan prophecy that 2012 will bring the end of Earth. Jan-Petter Jorgensen, 44, was walking with his dog Molly when he found the stinky haul. He said: 'People say that something similar happened in the 80s. Maybe the fish have been caught in a deprived oxygen environment, and then died of fresh water?' Experts have said the school could have been trapped by tidal waters after predatory fish - such as coalfish - chased them towards the shoreline. Another theory is that the fish were washed ashore during a recent storm, or trapped in shallow waters and affected by freshwater from a river that flows into the bay. Jens Christian Holst, of the Institute of Marine Research, said several factors could have come together at once. And he said he hoped they would be able to conduct tests on the dead fish to see if they had died of a disease.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
More than likely a methane release, which are happening on a more and more frequent basis.

Does the Earth have gas?
Earthfarts?

Large amounts of methane, beyond precedent scales could be the reason that nothing is being said.

Lots of volcanic activity as well.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Immune

sounds like all the Corexit dumped in
the GOM is doing its work

the Science Police [Whores] will be here to "reason it away" soon

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

www.crystalinks.com...
you could be onto something there with the methane release.. i saw a special on the Bermuda triangle that was blaming large methane releases for sinking ships and causing plane to fall out of the sky or instrument malfunction. since the Bahamas are located in this triangle it could be plausible

www.newscientist.com...
Norway seems to have large releases near their shores

i could not find a methane source in lake Michigan which Chicago borders however it does not mean there is not one
en.wikipedia.org...
And there are numerous methane vents in the gulf of mexico which could lead to the mass deaths along those shores

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Immune

There are also recent found methane vents under the artic as well. HUGE ones! There is a thread somewhere here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think that we are seeing a rapid change in our earth. One that we cannot stop and no amount of green energy will stop either.

Unless there is a way to harness all this methane to use as energy. But that will never happen as there seems to be such copious amounts there would be no profit in it. Unless the company that did it was a monopoly.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Craig Curtis, assistant port controller, said the incident reminded him of an event that happened off the coast of Andros. “It was alleged that it was associated with sonar testing [which] caused some of the fish to float up,” he said. “For me this poses a grave concern because this is the young marine life that is being affected. So it is going to be interesting to see what the marine biologists will conclude once they are done.”

Any thoughts on Sonar testing being the cause?

Found more:

edit on 11-1-2012 by relocator because: Added Youtube video

Related: Researchers Seeking Answers About Beaked Whales and Sonar in Bahamas - The second year of a multi-year Controlled Exposure Experiment (CEE) in the Bahamas is gearing up for field work on the Navy's Atlantic Undersea Test and Evaluation Center (AUTEC), which boats a 600 square mile grid of undersea instrumentation, including hydrophones, that allows researchers to track animals with far more precision than normal. But the central research involves attaching suction-cup "D-tags" to beaked and pilot whales; the tags record sound heard by the animal while also tracking their dive patterns in detail. Researchers will then play sounds that simulate naval sonar and orcas (predators of the whales), and see how the animals respond. Last year's initial field season was hampered by bad weather, and only a few whales managed to be tagged; initial results indicate some avoidance of sonar signals. One of the key beaked whale stranding events involving sonar occurred in 2000 in the Bahamas training range, but it is not yet clear what exactly triggered the event. The Navy suggests that a confluence of specific factors, including steep canyons and limited escape routes, were to blame; researchers hope to learn much more in this and future CEE experiments, to help them understand how common severe reactions to sonar may be. Beaked whales are often seen around the Navy’s testing site for mid-frequency sonar in the Bahamas, according to NOAA Fisheries acoustics program director Brandon Southall. “So we know that marine mammals and beaked whales can live where there is sonar,” Southall says. “It is not like a death ray where as soon as they hear it, they swim to the beach and strand.” Editor's note: This article, which appeared without attribution on a divers' website, is one of the most detailed overviews of the current science that I've seen. Source: Divemaster

I tried to go to the link that said Read Article and got the 404 error.

Source

edit on 11-1-2012 by relocator because: added another source

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by relocator

To me, sonar testing would make sense for a lot of these mas die offs. Birds, fish, bees, etc use some sort of sonar for direction, a mass sonar influx imo would create mass confusion for wildlife.

www.nrdc.org...
edit on 15-1-2012 by Jerisa because: link

www.davidsuz... uki.org/issues/oceans/science/marine-planning-and-conservation/what-are-seismic-surveys-and-their-impacts/
edit on 15-1-2012 by Jerisa because: link

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever
What scares me most, is that it will take a mass human die off before we finally figure out whats really causing it. In the meantime, people will just believe what they're told.

It was fireworks, OF COURSE!!!

that's exactly what i keep thinking. how long until we read in the news "100 people dropped dead in the state of kentucky. we don't know what happened. probably stress related". then everyone shrugs their shoulders and goes on about their business. what's it going to take for people to realize this isn't a regular thing?

top topics

join