It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joran van der Sloot pleads guilty to killing 21-year-old Peruvian woman

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
The girls dad just gave a conference
said they should have the death penalty.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I don't know how their system works but one of the problems is the US wants to extradite him in about 10 ()years for the extortion of the $25K from Natalee Holloway's mother. They are saying our prisons are so much better, he would not suffer in their prison system as long.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
CNN BREAKING NEWS:

Joran van der Sloot, a key suspect in the 2005 disappearance of U.S. teen Natalee Holloway, was sentenced Friday to 28 years in a Peruvian prison for the May 2010 murder of 21-year-old Stephany Flores.

The 24-year-old Dutch national confessed to the charges of "qualified murder" and simple robbery in Flores' death.

Investigators said they believed van der Sloot killed the Peruvian woman in his Lima hotel room after she found something related to the Holloway case on his computer.

Van der Sloot was among the last people seen with Holloway before she went missing on the island of Aruba. He was detained twice, but never charged, in the Alabama teenager's disappearance. Her body has never been found, but an Alabama judge signed an order Thursday declaring Holloway legally dead.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
His lawyers are trying to get him extradited to the U.S. to face extortion charges on the $25,000 he swindled Beth Holloway out of.

Peru will never let that happen. Stephanie Flores was from a highly influential family, who has great wealth.

Even if it could legally be pulled off to get him out of Peru, he'll never make it out alive. He's a dead man walking.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I'd be willing to bet somone is gonna stab him within 5 years.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by wantsome

You'd be doing a 100% better at betting than Joran ever was....

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Normally i am against it, but i think he should get death penalty. Although 28 years is long, this guy feels too comfortable in jail there with his attitude, power and friends up there[people already tried to shank him], its not really a penalty for him.
edit on 13-1-2012 by Foppezao because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

2 months is my bet....me thinks the payout is huge.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Apparently they don't have the death penalty and their max sentence is 30 years. He would have gotten 30 years but they gaave him a 2 year credit for pleading guilty. I'm wondering what the 2nd victim supposedly "found" on his computer that made him want to kill her. Or was that just a ruse he used?

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

I don't think that Peru has the same Prison regulations as the U.S, meaning they may not have a "high-risk prisoner" policy.. So he may be put in the general population with no hope.

Originally posted by Gridrebel
Apparently they don't have the death penalty and their max sentence is 30 years. He would have gotten 30 years but they gaave him a 2 year credit for pleading guilty. I'm wondering what the 2nd victim supposedly "found" on his computer that made him want to kill her. Or was that just a ruse he used?

She "found" nothing... If you been watching the case, he said she SEARCHED for Natalee Holloway on the internet and he got upset and lost it..

www.aolnews.com...

Peruvian authorities say a study of Joran van der Sloot's laptop shows the Dutch native was lying if, as reported, he said he killed a Peruvian woman because she used the computer to look up information on Natalee Holloway.

Oscar Gonzales, head of the High Technology Crime Division, told The Associated Press that slain Peruvian business student Stephany Flores did not use van der Sloot's laptop to research the Holloway case.

edit on 14-1-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-1-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join