It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Campaign Urges Republican Field To Drop Out And Unite With Him

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Despite the nonstop claims that Ron Paul is unelectable and can't beat Barack Obama, his third place in Iowa and second place in New Hampshire have clearly shown that to be false. Plus, he was elected to Congress 12 terms, so there goes the electability argument.

Well based on things like how he's been performing lately, his financial support, and the poll numbers of the Republican candidates versus Obama, the Ron Paul campaign has issued a statement to all of the Republican candidates which urges them to drop out of the race and unite with him in order to beat Mitt Romney. Here's the statement:

LAKE JACKSON, Texas, Jan 10, 2012 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Ron Paul tonight scored an historic second-place victory in the 2012 New Hampshire Primary. Below please find comments from National Campaign Chairman Jesse Benton:

"Ron Paul tonight had an incredibly strong second-place finish in New Hampshire and has stunned the national media and political establishment.

"When added to Paul's top-tier showing in Iowa, it's clear he is the sole Republican candidate who can take on and defeat both Mitt Romney and Barack Obama.

"The race is becoming more clearly a two-man race between establishment candidate Mitt Romney and Ron Paul, the candidate of authentic change. That means there is only one true conservative choice.

"Ron Paul has won more votes in Iowa and New Hampshire than any candidate but Mitt Romney.

"Ron Paul and Mitt Romney have been shown in national polls to be the only two candidates who can defeat Barack Obama.

"And Ron Paul and Mitt Romney are the only two candidates who can run a full, national campaign, competing in state after state over the coming weeks and months. Ron Paul's fundraising numbers -- over $13 million this quarter -- also prove he will be able to compete with Mitt Romney. No other candidate can do all of these things.

"Ron Paul is clearly the conservative alternative to Mitt Romney as the campaign goes forward.

"We urge Ron Paul's opponents who have been unsuccessfully trying to be the conservative alternative to Mitt Romney to unite by getting out of the race and uniting behind Paul's candidacy.

"Ron Paul has the boldest plan to cut spending, a dedication to protecting life, and a lifelong dedication to the Constitution and limited government. He also has the necessary support to campaign nationwide against Mitt Romney.

"Our campaign is already planning ahead for South Carolina, Florida, and beyond. Soon Ron Paul will head to South Carolina to begin a feverish round of campaigning.

"Ron Paul is in this race for the long haul. And he is ready to fight.
I personally don't think that any of the candidates will do this, but I still like that he sent it out. If anything, it's more of a slap in the face to the candidates, people, and media puppets who have said that he can't win.

I would love to see the look on Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum's faces when they read this thing

edit on 11-1-2012 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
good thing he doesnt want the canidates votes

he wants the people that were voting for them

this has already been posted btw

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I could vote for a Ron Paul/Jon Huntsman ticket.
Ron Paul could get things rolling .. and then when his health craps out because he's too old (fess up .. he really is), Huntsman could easily take over and run with the ball. Huntsman is probably the best qualified person in the running field.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I might have agreed with you if Huntsman hadn't released this ad, which compiles a bunch of true statements and plays Twilight Zone music in an attempt to make Ron Paul look crazy.

Then there's the NHLiberty4Paul video which it seems was actually a stunt pulled by Huntsman's own campaign.

So no, I wouldn't support that at all. Huntsman should drop out of the race and get a job at a deli or something.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
For those who are afraid of Ron Paul's "Constitutional and Isolationist" views, let me remind you what globalism has given this country. EMPTY FACTORIES, EMPTY HOUSES, EMPTY HEADS, and EMPTY WALLETS!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

and yet no one took him up on his extremely hard bike ride offer? age has nothing to do with it. mccains still around and people said he was to old and yet there he is still being his warmonger self. huntsman and ron are obviously not going to be the ticket considering that the anti huntsman ad came from huntsman himself to discredit paul.

lets be realistic pauls vp will be someone out of the status quo he cant even support another republican nominee so why would he use one as his vp ticket

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by joyride0187

RP is not against single global currency, he is against fiat money.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Yeah and about the age thing, here's something Ron Paul said about that:

"I've offered to ride a bicycle for 20 miles in Houston, the temp is 100 and the humidity is one hundred, and I will go 20 miles with them and we'll find out who is the youngest." he said.
He's not exactly using a walker and carting around an oxygen tank quite yet.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy
reply to post by joyride0187

RP is not against single global currency, he is against fiat money.

I never said anything about global currency. RP would create a noninterventional foreign policy. All of the other canidates running are globalists and beleive that the U.S. should continue borrowing money to give other nations foreign aid.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

So you would vote for a member of the CFR?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DankKing420
age has nothing to do with it.

Age has a lot to do with it. I like Ron Paul and all ... but he's going to be close to 80 years old. Even the 'young' fellas have a hard time keeping up with the rigors and they age horribly. I don't believe Ron Paul could keep it up very long. He hasn't encountered the stress (etc etc) of the office of POTUS yet ... it would hit him like a ton of bricks.

Please note ... I DO like what he'd do. I just don't think he could handle the rigors ...

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by joyride0187
I never said anything about global currency. RP would create a noninterventional foreign policy. All of the other canidates running are globalists and beleive that the U.S. should continue borrowing money to give other nations foreign aid.

Ron Paul is not against globalism! He's against the type of globalism that is based on fiat money. Globalism and global free trade is okay according to him as long as it's not fiat!
edit on Wed 11 Jan 12 by Jazzyguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
how inspiring !

"I can't beat him, so please help me !

the irony here is anyone thinking about dropping out is going to want to be romneys veep

ron aint so bright sometimes

top topics

join