It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report - Epidemic Hazard in Central New York - Jan 11, 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
"Flu like" ... but not the flu.
Been a mild flu season so far.
Anyways ... for those interested ...

RSOE Epidemic Hazard in USA on Wednesday, 11 January, 2012

Doctors’ offices across Central New York are packed with sick patients and ‘What’s Going Around’ might surprise you. It’s not influenza - at least not yet. More than 500 people were treated before 4 p.m. Monday and the phones were still ringing off the hook Tuesday at CNY Family Care in East Syracuse. Amanda Carelli made a visit after coming down with a fever and sore throat. Turns out she’s far from alone. “We are being inundated with phone calls for sinus infectious, bronchitis, infection of the stomach, bacterial infections, viral infections,” Family Physician Dr. Louis Bonavita said. While the spread of the stomach bug and respiratory infections aren’t anything new at this time of year, the sheer number of people getting sick is different. It may have to do with Central New York’s mild winter, especially when it comes to sinus infections. Snow and cold usually keep mold and fungus in check. “That may inflame people's sinuses via allergy symptoms. Then, you get a secondary viral or bacterial infection,” Dr. Bonavita said. If you do get sick, follow Amanda’s lead and take a day off.

More at the site.
(I love the map on the site's home page)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

intereseting. i have a feeling that the swine flu is going to become more prevalent as winter goes on.

and i hate to change the subject but did you notice the nuclear even on the map that says it was yesterday? i didnt hear about it

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
that's weird...my husband called from work this morning and said--"is there like whooping cough outbreak?--people here are all coughing and hacking..it's disgusting."

He works with these people everyday and yesterday seemed fine, yet today people are acting like they are all sick..I'm no where near NY

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
or the 5.1 mag earthquake just outside Terhan?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I'm on the NY border and there a lot of people didn't show up today, and there were a lot of people coughing. Personally, I feel fine but the lady who took my order this morning when I got breakfast was hacking up a lung too. My theory is that a lot of these illnesses are related to radiation, but that is just a wild conspiracy of mine so pay it no attention.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

i live in michigan and from the maps ive seen of fukishima radiation my area is hit every time. so if NY is feeling radiation sickness whys it not happening here? just an observation.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
This Winter has been a pain so far. I've never had allergies this late in season. And I have a cough that I've had for almost a month. It's extremely rare that I get sick more than once a year. But I haven't felt 100% in over a month now.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
This Winter has been a pain so far. I've never had allergies this late in season. And I have a cough that I've had for almost a month. It's extremely rare that I get sick more than once a year. But I haven't felt 100% in over a month now.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
We should be very suspicious of these "illnesses" that happen so quickly
and spread so fast, that don't follow traditional symptoms, that are flu like but not the flu.
Rapidly dripping noses, sore throats, burning, dry and itchy eyes, heavy chest,
constant cough, sinus infections that aren't sinus infections, pains in the ears.
This sounds like an allergic reaction to a toxin. It's not a cold, it's not the flu.

Come to think of it we should be suspicious of all "illnesses".

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

My theory is that a lot of these illnesses are related to radiation, but that is just a wild conspiracy of mine so pay it no attention.

Funny you should say that.... lower PA has a high radiation level today:

edit on 11/1/12 by ThatGuy45 because: trying to embed the image

edit on 11/1/12 by ThatGuy45 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
The scary part of this epidemic is the fact i live 30 minutes from Syracuse and watch the Syracuse news daily and i have heard nothing about it until i logged into ATS today.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatGuy45
lower PA has a high radiation level today:

Lovely. One of our many nuke planets musta let off a bunch of steam. I could go out to the end of the street and take a look in the direction of the closest one (you can see the cooling towers and steam from the end of the road) ... but it's pretty dang chilly so I'll stay inside. (we've got Salem, Hope Creek, Limerick and Peach Bottom fairly nearby. Take your pick).

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
NRC Event Reports says Indian Point New York nuclear reactors did an immediate shut down after a leak was detected. """Decay heat is being removed via the condenser steam dumps.""""

""""""Plant shutdown from 100% due to increased leakage from 21 RCP [Reactor Coolant Pump] seal return was commenced at 0100 EST. A manual reactor trip was actuated in accordance with plant procedures at 25% power.""""

www.nrc.gov...

Sucks for people living in that region.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
It's good to know about Indian Point.
That's in Hillary Clintons back yard ... basically. hmmm .....
That's too far away to be the radiation thing happening here.
Anyways, If we glow in the dark tonight ... I'll let you all know.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I live about 75 miles west of Syracuse and haven't felt 100% for a couple months.

It all started with my 13yr old step-son having sniffles then my 1yr old daughter started with them and then myself. I never get sick either and if I do it's only for a couple days and then done with. My daughter and I got it the worst in the house and my 3yr old son never got it she was definitely a champ through it all. Trying to keep her nose cleaned out with those little suction things wasn't fun and she didn't like it either but would let me because I think she realized it was helping.

The symptoms I had started with feeling like I had a hair in my throat one day in early November. The next day I woke up with my sinuses stuffed up and sore throat. A few days later I had no energy and with a constant stuffy/runny nose. A couple of days my nose would pour liquid out faster than I could reach over and grab a tissue yet my sinuses were inflamed and stuffed. These symptoms went on for about 2-3 weeks and were mostly gone by Thanksgiving thanks to my own "Onion Syrup" mixture I made up (I don't take medicine for anything even the pain I have for a broken back).

My fiancée got sick towards the end of me having it but not much came of it with her and we both think it was because of the Onion Syrup. I felt better for about 2 weeks then got everything back but worse and still have this lingering cough, sinus congestion, and mucus in my throat; this time around I have had diarrhea on and off. The same goes for my fiancée as she is just getting over the worse of it.

I am wondering about one thing and that is flu/swine flu shots. We don't get them and the school wanted permission to give my some the shots and we said no. A week before he got sniffles and that was all he had we got a call about him passing out in school and he actually hit his face pretty good. They said it was because they were talking about blood type and such. He is the type of person that passes out every time he gets shots and have been wondering if they gave him one. We have been arguing with the school about quite a bit including the teachers lack of teaching ability.

The symptoms were everything you would see from a flu except not one of us had a fever but did have cold chills.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
The TV News is reporting that the CDC comfirms cases of H3N2V ... a Swine Flu variant.
They say it has gone person to person. Wondering if this New York outbreak could be connected ...

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Hmmm... the DHS is supposedly watching websites and blogs that post about things like bird flu and, I presume, swine flu as well.

Are they expecting something big to spread?

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neopan100
that's weird...my husband called from work this morning and said--"is there like whooping cough outbreak?--people here are all coughing and hacking..it's disgusting."

Actually there is a whooping cough outbreak in NYC and NY state right now. Westhampton Beach for NY State as of Jan 17. Staten Island in NYC as of Jan 19. And Broome County Jan 20.

U.S. Whooping Cough Cases This Season Are As Follows:

Illinois: McHenry County Nov 2011, Rock Island County 11-28-2011, Cook County 11-29-2011, Chicago metropolitan area 12-5-2011, Kane County 12-22-2011, DeKalb County 1-6-2012

New Mexico: Bernalillo County 12-5-2011

Wisconsin: Milwaukee, Homestead High School 12-7-2011, Mequon and Waukesha County 12-9-2011, Jefferson County 12-13-2011, Kenosha County 12-20-2011, Dodge County 12-22-2011, Appleton, Madison & Dane County 12-29-2011, Eau Claire County 12-31-2011, Brown County 12-31-2011, Ashland County (might be back in Dec but definitely by 1-13-2012)

Kansas: Dickinson County as of 12-16-2011

Utah: Utah County 12-18-2011, Salt Lake City explosion 1-9-2012

New York State: North Fork 12-21-2011, Commack 1-10-2012, Westhampton Beach 1-19-2012, Broome County 1-20-2012

Maryland: Frost Elementary 12-22-2011

Indiana: Shelbyville 12-22-2011

Pennsylvania: Erie County 12-22-2011, Salisbury 1-9-2012, Bucks County 1-19-2012

Texas: Ward County 12-20-2011, Forney 12-29-2011

Maine: Dexter 12-28-2011, Lincolnville 1-13-2012

North Carolina: Alamance County 12-29-2011

Minnesota: Ashland County 12-29-2011, St. Louis County & northeastern state 1-2-2012

Washington State: Grant County 1-3-2012, Snohomish County 1-5-2012, Bainbridge Island 1-9-2012, Cowlitz County 1-13-2012

Rhode Island: Barrington 1-9-2012

Missouri: St. Louis County 1-12-2012

California: San Diego 1-12-2012

New Jersey: Hunterdon County 1-12-2012

Montana: Jefferson County 1-17-2012

New York City: Staten Island Tottenville High School 1-19-2012

West Virginia: Berkeley, Hancock and Morgan counties 1-19-2012

Childhood Diseases: FluTrackers

new topics

top topics

join