It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence of Reverse Engineering...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Okay, here are two possible scenarios (both plausible) and I want you to decide which side of the fence you fall...

SCENARIO 1.
The progress of science is probably the second largest collective pursuit of mankind (behind the military). As a species, we put a collosal amount of effort into discovering how the universe works. From the early discoveries of electromagnetism, through to computer theory and quantum mechanics, a line of discovery and thought can be traced.

Many of our great discoveries have been documented and countless leading scientists have kept memoirs and riggorous diaries. We can see step by step how science has progressed.

Are we not doing scientists (and human intelligence) a disservice to claim that planes, rockets, atomic energy, you name it, was inherited from alien technology? Surely there's nothing alien about the stealth bomber's radar-resistance design... surely it's down to good old fashioned human ingenuity.

SCENARIO 2.
There have been countless thousands of reported UFOs across the decades, and with the advent of the camera many have been documented on film. Respected scientits, police offerces, governement workers, doctors etc have claimed to see objects perform extrodinary manouvers. Hours of radio transmissions from alarmed pilots of every kind, with their professional aviation experience show them describing something they cannot explain.

Governements everywhere certainly display an interest of some kind in UFOs. Could it be possible that an archetypal Roswell incident actually took place at some point in the twentith century? Could it have happened more than once?

If it did, if it happened even just the one time, imagine what the scientific ramifications would be. Are we seeing the benifits from alien technology in our everyday lives?

I guess my main question here is:
Is there any credible evidence, beyond speculation, that any of our current day technology has resulted from reverse engeneering?
Can anyone offer up convincing leads, bearing in mind that, in order to reverse engineer, the human mind has to be able to understand the technology, and if we can understand it, what's to stop us from thinking it up for ourselves?

What's your opinion??

[edit on 12-9-2004 by mannanin]

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 06:00 AM
link   
IMO it is very difficult to state something for sure on that matter, but if some things were reverse engineered, I wouldn't really be surprised.

My point is, during history, most of discoverers were doing their job in that way: experiencing something, then trying to understand it, and then finally publishing the laws governing that phenomenon. Nowadays, most of research go in the other way: we would like to do somehing, and don't know how, so we experience, draft "temporary laws" or "rough guidelines", then refine the experiments, and so on... Is this the wrong way?

In the subject of UFOs, we must admit that most of the research goes mainly in the old fashioned way: we see something that we don't understand and we'd like to understand it to do it ourselves.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Man, what the he ll is that under the Flying Saucer under your avatar?

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Paladin327
Man, what the he ll is that under the Flying Saucer under your avatar?

It looks like a man to me

Edit- BAAAAAAD quoting

[edit on 9/16/2004 by SirKillallott]

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
i suppose you could say that sfter ww2 when the american space program gave german v2 rocket scientists safe haven in the us to work on the space program,the americans were back engineering the nazis technology-but only just to the point where they understood it and then could apply it themselves-if that makes any sense'

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Evidence includes the testimony of a high ranking military officer with the Army R&D Department...Phillip Corso. Evidence also includes the testimony of several top scientists who claim that the one credited with the invention of the transistor, could not have done so on his own. There is further evidence, and I might get back to it (dates, times, companies, etc.) but that's just off the top of my head.

Are we not doing scientists (and human intelligence) a disservice to claim that planes, rockets, atomic energy, you name it, was inherited from alien technology? Surely there's nothing alien about the stealth bomber's radar-resistance design... surely it's down to good old fashioned human ingenuity.

Not at all. It still takes a lot of intelligence and ingenuity to reverse engineer something beyond your understanding, and such scientists still deserve a round of applause. Imagine a caveman finding a record player. After fooling around a bit, he gets it to work! It's still an amazing acheivement. Given the timeline, planes and atomic energy seem unlikely to be derived from alien tech. In fact, it's likely our first use of such weapons that attracted such large numbers of them at the time. As for stealth, I'm sure that such a recovery would have aided in the idea of composites, etc. In fact, according to Corso, much of the tech we've been able to derive, was in the area of materials, such as Kevlar, and stealth composites, etc.

From the early discoveries of electromagnetism, through to computer theory and quantum mechanics, a line of discovery and thought can be traced.

Not always. Because these bits and pieces were farmed out to defense contractors, companies, not men, got the credit for their advances. One guy thought another guy on the team did it, and so on...

Could it be possible that an archetypal Roswell incident actually took place at some point in the twentith century? Could it have happened more than once?

The evidence is certainly convincing. Likewise, there is evidence of a recovered crash in Germany in 1936. Soon after, the Nazis came out with saucer prototypes by the dozens, and made other advances, leaps and bounds above their Allied counterparts. The scientist grab by the US and USSR (project paperclip) after the war, and then the subsequent space programs of both, also lend credence to the arguement. If it was just human ingenuity at work, why did it take so long for others to come up with it??? Then we have Roswell. The points for it being a saucer crash are almost too numerous to list (and I've done it on over a hundred posts, hehe...) Then we have numerous advances after it as well.

bearing in mind that, in order to reverse engineer, the human mind has to be able to understand the technology, and if we can understand it, what's to stop us from thinking it up for ourselves?

True, and nobody's saying we didn't. We had early workups and ideas of the transistor before it's actual invention. Likewise with night vision, etc. But...the discovery of these pieces of wreckage, when put into the hands of people already working on such ideas, was what made it possible for them to get off of the drawing board, out of the lab, and into usage. I'd bet good money there is still tons we don't know about that ship, mostly in the area of propulsion, and manipulation of gravity. Lazar's (whether you believe him or not) testimony on this is additional evidence. (up to the individual to decide whether good evidence or not).

Other evidence is found in government documents (many of which are still being authenticated, but so far stand up to scrutinization). There are documents which describe the interiors of the ships, and components, using the language of their day. When viewed from current times, it seems clear that such documents are describing fibre optic tubing, circuit boards, etc. (though they didn't know it at the time).

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Id have to agree with Gazrok.

If one examines the evolution of technology, we discover that while most advancements occured in a normal, timely manner, there were signifigant jumps in technology that cannot be contributed to simple human ingenuity. In 50 years, we went from mundane tech to what we have today, advancements and discoveries never before documented in the history of humanity.

new topics

top topics

join