It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Searl and Free energy why have we not heard more about this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
A while back I found out about this guy Prof. John Searl who is working on something called an SEG (Searl Effect Generator) which when completed has the potential to take away our dependency on fossil fuels ,he has not had an easy time developing this device he struggles for funding ,I have a huge sneaking suspicion that the big oil companies and corperations are doing their level best to try and make sure that what he is developing never gets completed..... your thoughts?

link to and explanation of how it works.
www.searlsolution.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Old news is old. Searl is still trying to finish his "prototype". All he has is a neat toy that spins around and a few sheeple sending him money.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by cookiemonster32
why have we not heard more about this?

1. Lot of people have heard about this.
Basically anyone who's ever read about free energy has heard of Searl.
Google gives many tens of thousands of pages.
There is no coverup here.

2. Its a fraud.

Edit - over at overunity.com, there is a large bunch of people building machines in order to discover how to make free energy. Lots of people out in the garage putting together amazing machines with magnets, coils, and so forth.
The general consensus there is that convicted fraudster Searl, for all his self promotion, has provided NOTHING useful at all.

edit on 11-1-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
From someone that doesn't know anything about physics and very little of electronics, this sounds very much like a perpetual motion machine, which is fundamentally impossible.

From what little I know of Searl, he seems like the usual fraud soliciting money from gullible/naive/overly enthusiastic people to cover his expenses in his hopeless venture. He's not the first, and definitely not the last. One of the more notable frauds in recent years would probably Steven Greer, whom also needs just a little bit more money to finish his 'free energy device'. They always need that tiny bit of cash to fill their wallets.

Actually, the only perpetual motion machine these people are after, is people handing them cash, again and again and again and again ad infinitum...

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Rossi's E-Cat system is the best I have seen so far, and he has demonstrated it working in self sustain mode for 3 hours he is going to be taking order of these unit end of this year I believe. so far this is the best (and working) free energy system i have seen

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Is it just me, or does this look like a prototype to Tony Stark's Arc Reactor?

Ahaha oh boy I hope Iron Man is real!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I've tried building one of these things, and they're neet, thats for sure. They spin really fast and as long as you don't put a load on the rotor (like attach a generator to it) it will spin on it's own until the revs get to high and it blows itself apart. Theres tons of vids on youtube where others makers like me have made them and they all run into the same prob. Spins fine until you hook up a generator. I'm making a new one using acrylic plastics for my rotor assembly, I'm going to see if I can get it to generate a large static field. I figure that if this thing can provide free energy, static is where its at. Too bad static electricity is too hard to manage...

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I did spend a little while looking through some free energy ideas with the concept of magnetic currents quite a powerful one. There are some stories around that James Maxwell did take this power into account when he first derived his theories on electromagnetism, but his theoretical framework did get simplified and now mainly focuses on the electrical component of electromagnetism.

There does appear to be a lot of stored energy in a magnet, yet how magnetic currents work compared to electrical currents is still a bit cloudy. There has been reports of some devices that that can perform mechanical work at the cost of magnetic strength, as the magnets do lose their strength over time and the output of the device declines. It can take up to 200 000 volts to create a magnet so there is a potential to store a lot of energy, a lot more than a common battery.

As for where John Searl is at these days, not sure. But his device did look cool with all those magnets bouncing around.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
The government has a department that make up disinformation.
they get someone to make a scam.
and that discredits all other free power devices.
there will be about 10 for ever real one.
they do the same with UFO's
Then all people see are the fakes.

just look at ATS.
you can see it works very well.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I met John Searl when I was a school kid 20 years ago, he was saying the same stuff back then as he is today....he is a fraud!

posted on May, 22 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join