It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Gun Control

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Hello, I just posted in the Pale Horse thread under Secret societies and thought it deserves its own thread.

Someone owns 2 guns yet he don't see the need for a man killer. That might make sense to some but to me it makes none. I'll copy and paste my reply and hope an interesting talk takes place on why America feels the need to own so much guns everywhere.

See my bold bit, I am sorry but you make me choke on my drink. You don't need a man killer?? you own 2 already!Any gun is a potential man killer.

12 ga short barrel pump mossberg = Man Killer
colt .45 automatic with silvertips = Man killer
Assult Rifle = Better man killer

This is where America is so messed up IMO. Families feel the need to have guns in the house to feel safe, my god I would HATE to live in a place like that.

Also I can't understand why people think:-
' Yeah, lets go outside today and shot something'
'What we going to shot dad?'
'Racoons and deer son'
What for dad?
'FUN SON, FOR FUN'

I understand some people living in the middle of nowhere with big cats, beers wondering in the house at any time, but America have to sort its guns out. Didn't Bush allow guns in church? no wonder most are ready to jump into war, you got 'gun love' all pent up inside you!

I might get 'shot down' in flames for this post but I don't care.

I don't need a man killer but I own a 12g mossberg shotgun!!!!!!

The gun sellers NEED and LOVE street crime to fuel the gun culture
To fuel the gangs to fuel the wannabe mafia crews.
Which in turn fuels the citizens fear which means more gun money
Which fuels the govenment to fuel the media into putting more fear out.
Which fuels the citizens to arm up, more gun money.
Which fuels dad to show son how to shoot which fuels sons need for a gun which fuels more gun money.

I guess if American banned guns tomorrow 'someone' would loose quite a bit of money. Its always about the dead presidents!!!

What do pro gun and anti guns think? Once you have had a gun do you feel like something is missing if you take it away? does having a gun make you feel more of a man? if you say yes to that you are making up for something you lack!!. Do British people here think we should allow guns within the home? indeed to be legal?

thanks for posting. If you do.....!

[edit on 12-9-2004 by 7th_Chakra]

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I am in the military and i a die hard republican ( but as i have said beofre i vote for whoever gives the military the most money). I think assault weapons should be given as a reward.....like if you are a gun owner of 10 years and you dont do anything stupid like kill your wife or shoot the neighbors dog or run down your street in your underwear toting your 12 gauge talking about www.abovetopsecret.com then you should get the right to have one assault weapon....... i think assault weapons can be used for things besides "assault". i went deer hunting with a " assault" weapon!!! it was a ar-15 with inteligent scope and it was pre ban so it was fully automatic however it had a selectable swith it is very accurate and very little recoil!!!! its a dream gun but i should be able to own one because the crazy mexican gangbanger or some crazy black guy decides he wants to shoot up a school with one so if he cant handle onoe then lets take everyones away???? thats bullsh!t and you know it. thats like saying well some americans are obese so lets do away with all the mcdonalds restaurants to help everyone out!!!! you all need to figure out a better way to keep guns out of criminals hands then to just take them away from everyone

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ilovehaters
its a dream gun but i should be able to own one because the crazy mexican gangbanger or some crazy black guy decides he wants to shoot up a school with one so if he cant handle onoe then lets take everyones away???? thats bullsh!t and you know it.

OR White highschool kids who have had enough of being unpopular!!

What I get from your comment is Non-white people should not be allowed to have guns. Is that what you think?

Also you don't like the fact the few take away the rights of the many, yet you support your patriot act I and II govenment??
anyway thats another topic

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Careful, guys. We are getting close to "trash" territory. Keep it clean.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Seeing the top 10 of the countries with more crimes with firearms maybe they should have better gun control.

1. South Africa 0.74 per 1000 people
2. Colombia 0.52 per 1000 people
3. Thailand 0.31 per 1000 people
4. Zimbabwe 0.04 per 1000 people
5. Mexico 0.03 per 1000 people
6. Costa Rica 0.03 per 1000 people
7. Belarus 0.03 per 1000 people
8. United States 0.02 per 1000 people
9. Uruguay 0.02 per 1000 people
10. Lithuania 0.02 per 1000 people

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7th_Chakra
This is where America is so messed up IMO. Families feel the need to have guns in the house to feel safe, my god I would HATE to live in a place like that.

It hasn't always been this way. Still, the choice to own a weapon is a personal one protected by the Second Amendment. I get the impression that you live elsewhere. Before you assess the quality of living in America, perhaps you should come and live here for a while. I can give you some tips on how to learn the most from your experience.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I think the reason we need to keep weapons is laid out in the second amendment. The choice to own a gun is just that, a CHOICE. If you do not want one or are afraid of them, don�t buy one. I personally own an �assault rifle� and I am not a man-killer. In fact, I have yet to shoot anything (alive) with it. Most of the shooting I do is target shooting or just for fun out with friends. That�s not to say that I never will, but I will more than likely eat whatever I kill. Killing anything just for fun seems pointless and wasteful to me.

Just curious, but have you ever shot a gun? If you haven�t and live in an area where it is permitted, I would recommend at least trying it. You might just like it.
A lot of the anti-gun arguments I have seen have been knee-jerk reactions by those who have never been around guns and are therefore frightened of them. I would be much more worried about the person behind the gun than the gun itself, if it is their intent to kill people. Boxcutters killed 3000 innocent civilians and you can still go buy those off the shelf at the hardware store.

i went deer hunting with a " assault" weapon!!! it was a ar-15 with inteligent scope and it was pre ban so it was fully automatic however it had a selectable swith it is very accurate and very little recoil!!!!

Pre-ban weapons are not fully automatic. Was it a NFA firearm with an rDIAS or an M16? If not, you might want to watch out for the feds.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Yeah I live in the UK. Never shot a gun but have been around them a little due to dad being in the army here and abroad. You think I would like shooting one? I dunno
. Still I have better things to do and I really don't mean offence but I do. I can't be bothered with finding somewhere that will allow me to shoot a gun.

Some Friends of mine used to have airguns (I know your laughing) and I never saw the point in them either. They said it made them feel powerful when they shot it. I said it was because they were weak without it!!

Grady, I can confidentally say I would rather live in a place without guns then a place with. I don't need a trial for that. Thanks for offering advice though.

ArMaP, nice table. If the United States is going for world leader then it needs to get itself off that table IMO.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I own every one of those so called "Man Killers" and I have never killed a man. I dont even hunt I am a avid target shooter though so the only thing I have ever killed is a paper target and that tree was already dead

Like para said nobody is forced to own a gun its a choice. But people that are anti-gun want to force people to not have guns like they do. No pro-gun person forces or tries to make people own guns that dont want too.

as for the whole"What do pro gun and anti guns think? Once you have had a gun do you feel like something is missing if you take it away? does having a gun make you feel more of a man? if you say yes to that you are making up for something you lack!!. "

Thats a bunch of bull and alittle sexist, many gun owners are female I personally target shoot with more then a few women and they happen to be some of the best shots.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Regarding the 'something you lack'. I ment physical power not man meat!

Anyway I called them man killers because of a comment on another thread. A guy owned a 12g shotgun but didn't class it as a man killer! It seemed stepping up to assult rifle classes a gun as a man killer. At least that was the impression I got.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Regarding the 'something you lack'. I ment physical power not man meat!

Anyway I called them man killers because of a comment on another thread. A guy owned a 12g shotgun but didn't class it as a man killer! It seemed stepping up to assult rifle classes a gun as a man killer. At least that was the impression I got.

Oh I thought you were making the ''man meat'' arguement which is often used in the arguement that men are lacking something. My mistake

You would be surprised how good of a shot some women can be. I dont know if its some physical effect but they often seem to be more steady then men which is important in long range shooting. Perhaps this might be due to lesser level of testosterone in a womens body or less adrenaline in the body I dont really know.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 12:47 AM
link   

I am in the military and i a die hard republican ( but as i have said beofre i vote for whoever gives the military the most money). I think assault weapons should be given as a reward.....like if you are a gun owner of 10 years and you dont do anything stupid like kill your wife or shoot the neighbors dog or run down your street in your underwear toting your 12 gauge talking about www.abovetopsecret.com then you should get the right to have one assault weapon....... i think assault weapons can be used for things besides "assault". i went deer hunting with a " assault" weapon!!! it was a ar-15 with inteligent scope and it was pre ban so it was fully automatic however it had a selectable swith it is very accurate and very little recoil!!!! its a dream gun but i should be able to own one because the crazy mexican gangbanger or some crazy black guy decides he wants to shoot up a school with one so if he cant handle onoe then lets take everyones away???? thats bullsh!t and you know it. thats like saying well some americans are obese so lets do away with all the mcdonalds restaurants to help everyone out!!!! you all need to figure out a better way to keep guns out of criminals hands then to just take them away from everyone

Hunting with an "Assaullt " rifle? What were hoping to bring home, Hamburger? That's insane.. And no, I'm not a Gun control nut. I simply know the Proper weapon for the Proper situation.. You don't need an "Automatic" anything for a "One shot, one kill" situation...

The only thing automatic weapons are useful for is Killing in mass...and last i heard that was only allowed by the Military, and S.W.A.T. teams.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 01:07 AM
link   

What do pro gun and anti guns think? Once you have had a gun do you feel like something is missing if you take it away? does having a gun make you feel more of a man? if you say yes to that you are making up for something you lack!!. Do British people here think we should allow guns within the home? indeed to be legal?
[edit on 12-9-2004 by 7th_Chakra]

Never thought about this until you asked, but yes it would be strange not having guns in my home. Being born and raised out West, guns are just a given, everyone had them. A gun was no different than having a lawnmower.

Does a gun make me feel more like a man? No but since I'm a woman how could it? You are giving a gun a talisman like quality which most gun owners don't share. Even Freud had to acknowledge that sometimes a cigar is simply a cigar.

And no, just because it would be strange not having them around doesn't mean I'm lacking in something. It just like anything else that is common in your life and then suddenly gone, like a childhood friend who moves away.

I take my 2nd amendment rights as seriously as I do my first amendment rights. I think Skadi probably has expressed it the best on this board - My continued second amendment rights ensures that my first amendment rights will never be taken away.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Yeah I live in the UK. Never shot a gun but have been around them a little due to dad being in the army here and abroad. You think I would like shooting one? I dunno
. Still I have better things to do and I really don't mean offence but I do. I can't be bothered with finding somewhere that will allow me to shoot a gun.

None taken. Everbody is entitled to their own opinion, and I can respect those who choose not to own guns. It is a choice, and it goes both ways. What gets most of the pro-gun people upset is when they activley try to take away/ban guns from law-abiding citizens becuase they have decided for whatever reason that certain guns are not "sensible" and don't fit into their particular view of the world.

Originally posted by thethrall_nb
The only thing automatic weapons are useful for is Killing in mass...and last i heard that was only allowed by the Military, and S.W.A.T. teams.

Well, not quite. Fully automatic weapons are fun to shoot paper with as well. And they are avaliable to the general public, but the price and paperwork involved makes it unrealistic for about 95% of the population to ever own one. Add to that the common misconception that they are banned and you end up with very few people (legally) owning them.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Nearly every halfway respectable study I have heard states that a criminal's fear that you may have a weapon in your home keeps crime rates down.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleys

I take my 2nd amendment rights as seriously as I do my first amendment rights. I think Skadi probably has expressed it the best on this board - My continued second amendment rights ensures that my first amendment rights will never be taken away.

This is what it is really all about.

People are going to kill people regardless. We the people need guns, to protect ourselves from not having a voice.
It is what it is. Humans have killed everything including humans, for ever.

Did you get the memo? Crime is at its lowest point ever. EVER, that doesnt include murder, because dead dont talk. Guns are not the only way people are murdered. But you know what? People die, children are born, life goes on. Its hard for a minute if a love one dies. But you are being selfish. They are in a better place, anywhere but here. Its not like you are going to know if your dead, your dead.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
In the city, we use our gun to protect us from crackheads theives, and gangs breaking entering.

In the wilderness we use guns to protect us from wild animals and sometimes people

In areas that allow hunting, we use them for that purpose.

The laws are different in each area of the country...We dont have the same firearm freedom in NYC that we have Big Sky Montana.

But wherever you are, We all over the US use guns for fun. Yeah fun..Dont knock it till you try it

[edit on 13-9-2004 by xxKrisxx]

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by thethrall_nb
[Hunting with an "Assaullt " rifle? What were hoping to bring home, Hamburger? That's insane.. And no, I'm not a Gun control nut. I simply know the Proper weapon for the Proper situation.. You don't need an "Automatic" anything for a "One shot, one kill" situation...

Assault weapons are medium to small caliber firearms. They are good for taking some game under certain conditions. They are excellent for small varmiints. Again, we have someone who has fallen for the emotionally charged meaningless labels applied by lying left wing lunatics.

In hunting, there are no one shot one kill scenarios. One should always have another round handy or another hunter to insure a clean kill. The Assault weapons ban does not address automatic weapons. In fact, all the weapons are semi-automatic.

Read before you speak. The internet is full of honest to God facts about firearms. Try it sometimes. Deny Ignorance!

[edit on 04/9/13 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Assault weapons are medium to small caliber firearms. They are good for taking some game under certain conditions. They are excellent for small varmiints. Again, we have someone who has fallen for the emotionally charged meaningless labels applied by lying left wing lunatics.

The internet is full of honest to God facts about firearms. Try it sometimes. Deny Ignorance!

Well, I've been using firearms for over 30 years and I've got to go with the left wing lunatics on this one. Assault rifles for hunting? After the first round is discharged, your aim is off, give me a break. I don't think hand guns should be used for hunting either, not as accurate as a rifle, more humane. Did that sound like lunacy Grady?

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
True, but it is much easier to re-aquire after the first shot if you don't have to manually chamber another round. ARs and other assualt rifles are well suited to hunting varmints and boars.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join