It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM sings praise of Mitt Romneys victorys !

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Though Mitt Romney scored two victorys in two podunk states. The MSM keeps shoving him down the publics throat as the only republican choice.
In Iowa Romney got 25% of the votes. That means 75% don't want him.
In New Hampshire Romney got 39% of the votes. That means 61% don't want him.
If Romney gets the nomination I see Obama easily winning his second term.
Gingrich, Santorum, Perry and Huntsman are doing the republican partys work which will be rewarded after the election. They are playing the role of the anti-Romney but really keeping the public from make the real choice between Romney and Paul.
The longer all the candidates stay in the race the more states will be won by Romney and he'll never get to 50%.
Independents/swing votes win elections.
If not even 50% of republican voters can't support Romney , how will Independents vote ?
Looks like 4 more years to me .

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by OLD HIPPY DUDE

I am confused. I thought santorum won Iowa due to 20 votes that were found. ( or was it the other way around). If the first case is correct, Romney didn't win Iowa. I kept thinking of this as he boasted over the "record" two in a row win, Iowa and NH.

cnsnews.com...

There are numerous articles on this... Are they going to make the new count official? Or am I completely wrong here?
edit on 11-1-2012 by Wetpaint72 because: Added link

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

A phrase I heard today...hilarious, yet true.

Romney has more flip-flops than Florida during Spring Break.

He's...unpalatable in my eyes. Reminds me of a greasy, conniving used car salesman that Hollywood always protrays them to be.

No offense to the actual honest previously owned car salesmen.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Wetpaint72

Stop injecting truth and facts in to this. They have no place in politics. The media just ignores it and The Hill and other rags are saying "Romney's win" in Iowa is why he will win the nomination and is the only candidate left. Its disgusting.

People are just confused and are going to do whatever they are told by the TV/Radio. War is coming, real war. Get ready.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

So using your logic of using the percents of vote....it still means more people don't want the other candidates more than they don't want Romney.

For example...Ron Paul got 23% in NH...I guess that means 77% of people don't want Ron Paul.

I am really failing to see the logic in your "logic".

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
He's...unpalatable in my eyes. Reminds me of a greasy, conniving used car salesman that Hollywood always protrays them to be.

Exactly. He exudes insincerity. I saw through Obama in 2008 and saw the exact same thing. We saw how that turned out.

They wanted Perry but to elect him would be 100% proof that Diebold was fixing the election. He has to be the most fake person of the lot.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Romney and Santorum had a statistical tie, but of course the media would rather make it a big deal for him. Iowa doesn't mean anything as the media told us weeks in advance (They made it clear Paul would be ignored if he won it) Then Iowa magically mattered again when Romney and Santorum tied.

Everyone knew Romney would win NH since he's from there. We knew this even before Iowa, it's nothing new. Paul gets second place and they spend more time talking about Newt and even Jon Huntsman. Same old same old. It's all pretty sick if you ask me. This "reporting" has made me lose more respect for the media than ever before, and I didn't have much respect for them before.

edit on 11-1-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

What ? Do you work for the MSM ? All I'm saying is let the two or three main vote getters fight it out.
Gingrich, Santorum, Perry and Huntsman are going nowhere and just taking useless votes which is to Romneys advantage.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by OLD HIPPY DUDE

What ? Do you work for the MSM ? All I'm saying is let the two or three main vote getters fight it out.
Gingrich, Santorum, Perry and Huntsman are going nowhere and just taking useless votes which is to Romneys advantage.

How is it more to Romney's advantage than Ron Paul's? I have to guess that you believe that if the rest drop out, all of those votes will go to Paul? Because if they wanted to vote Romney they would have done so rather than making a useless vote for Santorum, Perry, etc...? If so, that's a bit misguided in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Ron Paul is polling 4th in SC by 10 points. He only has a 10 days to make that up...that is hard to do.

Plus you have Perry putting all his money on SC...he will be the big media story about his "surge" in SC. Ron Paul is facing a very possible 5th place finish in SC.

Anything can happen...but I have seen no polling that would suggest that Ron Paul is on the move in SC.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Keep in mind that Ron Paul is a very polarizing person. There are not very many people "on the fence" regarding Ron Paul. His supporters love him. I don't necessarily see him picking up a ton off support above and beyond what he has currently. People either think he is the only choice, or people think he's the worst choice.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Up here in MA we all thought we were doe with this clown after he came up here, screwed-up the state, left us with his 'Big Dig' fiasco, gave us mandtaory health care and bolted. Little did we know that we were just the dry run for the big show. Frankly, we're all dumbfounded how people are behind this jackass. Talk about a pig-in-a-poke... if you rthink the country is a mess nwo just wait if he gets elected. It will be drop your drawers and bend over America.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Lets review.
Bachman rose to the top and sank.
Cain rose up and got torpedoed.
Perry rose up and sank.
Santorum peaked at the right time, (thanks to the MSM.) and sank in New Hampshire.
Huntsman put everything in New Hampshire and never got off the ground.
Gee that leaves Romney ( who according to MSM is the already the republican nomination)
Or Ron Paul who's numbers have been on a slow consistant rise from the beginning.
The MSM would have the public believe resistance is futile and just accept Romney because Paul is unelectable.

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”
Joseph Goebbels

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
In this election, I think we have 3 types of voters:

*Those that like Romney (his numbers have been consistent all along)
*Those that like Paul (his supporters are also consistent)
*And those that don't like Romney or Paul, but can't decide WHO to get behind

That 3rd type of voter is why we have constant switching of who is one of the front runners. Getting THOSE voters on the side of Paul is the real challenge here for Paul and his supporters.

The media is sure doing its job to get those voters to switch to Romney. Today they were yammering on about him getting "almost 40%" of the vote in New Hampshire. Last night, Britt Hume was talking about Ron Paul in such a negative way that I wanted to vomit. It's very frustrating how hard the media is pushing him.

I was hoping that dog in the car carrier story would be some good dirt on Romney, but I haven't heard the media talking about it... www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Ron Paul is polling 4th in SC by 10 points. He only has a 10 days to make that up...that is hard to do.

Plus you have Perry putting all his money on SC...he will be the big media story about his "surge" in SC. Ron Paul is facing a very possible 5th place finish in SC.

Anything can happen...but I have seen no polling that would suggest that Ron Paul is on the move in SC.

Those numbers reflect polls shown on realclearpolitics weeks ago before NH. I'm sure we will see some newer ones coming in any minute now. Although, I find it kind of interesting that realclearpolitics was completely inaccurate at least in terms of Pauls numbers early on. We heard anti-Pauls screaming about how those polls had him in single digits everywhere early on, yet come close to Iowa, slightly more accurate polls came rolling in.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

These polls are from within the past week...it is the latest data available...what else would you like me to use?

Polls far out from an election aren't inaccurate...the rise or fall in numbers getting closer to an election is due to campaigning by the candidates. That is why it is best to use polls to look at trends.

Paul got an uptick in support in both Iowa, NH, a tiny bit in SC, and in the national polls in early to mid december. Since then he has been flat.

Paul has 9 days now in SC to make up a 10 point deficit just to place 3rd...20 points to challenge Romney.

Romney got a surge in SC, Santorum got a surge in SC, and I expect Perry to get a surge soon as well.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Currently, I see no current polls from www.realclearpolitics.com... coming out of SC. I've seen polls before NH from SC that reflect your numbers, *edit* (ok found it) Don't get your panties in a bunch. I even stated the polls got more accurate as Iowa and NH got closer. Lighten up guy, there's no sense in constantly being in attack mode.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Though Mitt Romney scored two victorys in two podunk states. The MSM keeps shoving him down the publics throat as the only republican choice.
In Iowa Romney got 25% of the votes. That means 75% don't want him.
In New Hampshire Romney got 39% of the votes. That means 61% don't want him.
If Romney gets the nomination I see Obama easily winning his second term.
Gingrich, Santorum, Perry and Huntsman are doing the republican partys work which will be rewarded after the election. They are playing the role of the anti-Romney but really keeping the public from make the real choice between Romney and Paul.
The longer all the candidates stay in the race the more states will be won by Romney and he'll never get to 50%.
Independents/swing votes win elections.
If not even 50% of republican voters can't support Romney , how will Independents vote ?
Looks like 4 more years to me .

at least ROMNEY ran in 2008 like paul and is consistent in winning votes

imagine a romney/paul ticket!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Day by day the MSM tries to make Romney seem stronger, and Ron Paul weaker, but in reality its the other way around Ron Paul is becoming stronger and Romney is becoming weaker. We will have to wait and see, but I am betting my money that Romney will soon drop out. Romney is the weakest link, especially to go up against Obama.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join