It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11/22/63

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Seriously. One of the worlds most popular authors writes a book involving one of the biggest conspiracies we know of and no one on a conspiracy board has started a thread on it?

Really? Ok then, well, here goes nothing....

For those unfamiliar with the book, it's a time travel thing. Guy goes back to try and stop the assassination of JFK. Simple enough, except the past doesn't want to be changed and fights back.

I had a load of fun reading this. SK has a way of channeling the past that really gives you a feel for what it was like in those days.

I dig time travel stories so I probably enjoyed this a little more than most. It really is just a flight of fancy with not much real meaning to it. It was hard to buy into the premise that LHO actually did this as I feel that's a total and complete load of bunk but it's fiction so not to be taken too seriously.Still a lot of fun to read, especially for a ATS type of guy.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Nice to find someone else who feels the same way about this book. I just finished it yesterday. SK weaves a perfect tale, always, and his characters and settings are quite realistic. In the past, I would read his books that included monstrous beings and completely overlook the monster because I simply enjoyed his characters and his amazing storytelling techniques. I own all his books, movies. Dread the day he retires.

In this particular book, the facts about JFK and Oswold are irrelevant. The important thing is whether we should attempt to change something of this magnitude if time travel was possible. I thought it was ingenious the way he ....oops.....better not give too much away for those who haven't read it yet!

Think I will read it again, soon. He never disappoints me!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I was so excited when I heard about it. Reading it now. So far, so good.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I just recently finished this and have to say it's one of the best books I've ever read. My pantheon of Steven King books was The Shining, The Stand and The Dead Zone. Now I have to make room for one more.

new topics

top topics

join