It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: Americans, 2-1, Fear Obama's Reelection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
An internet poll conducted by Synovate eNation Internet poll asked what your biggest news item fear in 2012 would be.

The top FEAR answer was ...

President Obama wins reelection 33%

Now why would that many people be scared of an Obama reelection ?

Q&A

As we enter the presidential election year of 2012, what potential news event do you fear the most?

President Obama wins reelection 33%

Taxes will increase 31%

Iran will get a nuclear weapon 16%

Obama will lose reelection 16%

North Korea will attack South Korea 4%

Source - U.S.News & World Report

When it comes to how Americans view President Obama going into the new year, there appears to be very little spirit of Auld Lang Syne. Instead, according to the new Washington Whispers poll, many voters aren't forgetting what they dislike about Obama and want him out of office.

In our New Year's poll, when asked what news event they fear most about 2012, Americans by a margin of two-to-one said Obama's reelection. Only 16 percent said they fear the Democrat won't win a second term, while 33 percent said they fear four more years.

What Scares YOU the most about 2012 ?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
Now why would that many people be scared of an Obama reelection ?

You betchya the thought of having him in another four years is a spooky thing. We've seen what an Obama administration means - the damage, the lack of engagement, the corruption (especially the (in)justice dept with Eric Holder), the lies ....

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Well if that many don't want him reelected, than we have nothing to worry about, right?!

second line good as the first!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Of course they fear Obama getting reelected. Would be the final nail on the coffin for Liberty and Freedom.
edit on 11-1-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

An internet poll

I wouldn't give it much credence. I don't give polls a lot of weight anyway, but an Internet poll is fairly useless to get an idea of the state of things.

The GOP battle cry is "Anyone but Obama", so naturally, that's going to be a popular answer.

My biggest fear of 2012? Can't think of one... I'm really not afraid of much.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

People fear change, especially this POTUS's version of it.

Part of me hopes he wins...just so it will be the end of the Progressive agenda afterwards. But it will mean 4 more years of misery.

Both Parties bite if you ask me and are working towards the same thing.

If Paul wins the nomination, you will see both Parties re-invent themselves again. And that will slow down the destruction a bit as they reprioritize.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

An internet poll

I wouldn't give it much credence. I don't give polls a lot of weight anyway, but an Internet poll is fairly useless to get an idea of the state of things.

The GOP battle cry is "Anyone but Obama", so naturally, that's going to be a popular answer.

Wasn't the DNC's battle cry "Anyone but Bush" back in 2008, even though he was no longer eligible to run? Look where that got us.

People who vote based upon emotion should not be allowed to vote in my opinion, but how would you prove it?

link   

An internet poll

Good point.

I wonder how foreigners "voted" in the poll

link   

Why was the reelection of your elected leader given as an option at all? Sounds biased, a lot of.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I'm not an Obama supporter particularly. But if anyone thinks for one second that things will be even one miniscule better under ANY of the establishment-chosen GOP candidates you are smoking crack. I'm from MA. The mere fact that ANYONE is taking Romney serious is utterly amazing to me. Apparently no one is interested in seeing what he's actually done running a government. It ain't pretty. The whole 'anyone but Obama' strategy is suicide. People are blind and apparently have very poor short-term memories. Remember the '2010 Republican mandate'?? Where did that get us?

People have GOT to get out of this Republican-v-Democrat mindset. The clock is ticking. We are all truly screwed if we don't re-boot the establishment this time around. There won't be another chance.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

You bet I am scared, think about it a man with nothing to lose, the last four years nothing will restrain him, he already as shown his willingness to disregard the laws of the nation.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I'm just afraid in general, Rommey is up there winning for no reason other than the media is pushing him, and the fact he wants to start a trade war with China. Newt scares me a little because he's part of the Fork Iran group. Santoram(Though his break down of the tax code and getting rid of loopholes was an idea I liked if only he wasn's hellbent against gay people) is Bachman crazy and suddenly is up there in the polls. I doubt Paul is going to break past third.

I'm not feeling to good with another 4 years under Obama either but honestly with the crop of the GOP we have right now I'm almost inclined with sticking with the devil I know.

Sigh* it might be just because my Mattress is lumpy(Long story but I lost my awesome bed that was made of air and fluffy dreams
)

So I'm feeling a little more cynical than hopeful right now.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManFromEurope

Why was the reelection of your elected leader given as an option at all? Sounds biased, a lot of.

I don't know. We would need to contact the poll designers.

But,

Obama is the only one who could be reelected because he is already in office, and he is running for the same office.

And, the poll question did not specifically ask about Obama by name.

The Question was:

As we enter the presidential election year of 2012, what potential news event do you fear the most?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

People are blind and apparently have very poor short-term memories. Remember the '2010 Republican mandate'?? Where did that get us?

I agree.

But many people see a stalemate as a Godsend because it stops spending and places a runaway Congress in check.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Originally posted by TDawgRex
Wasn't the DNC's battle cry "Anyone but Bush" back in 2008, even though he was no longer eligible to run?

Yes. How did that work? And how's it going to work any differently this time?
Anyone but Obama is no better than Anyone but Bush.

People who vote based upon emotion should not be allowed to vote in my opinion...

So... another "conservative" for bigger government and violations of our Constitutional rights?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The typical response in midterms is
"the leader sucks"
Then the opposition chooses their frontrunner and it shifts to..well, better the guy in office now than that joker.

Obama reelection = No
Romney President = Hell No.

same ole same ole.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

People who vote based upon emotion should not be allowed to vote in my opinion...

So... another "conservative" for bigger government and violations of our Constitutional rights?

Nope, while I do lean conservative, I consider myself a independent. I have voted both parties. It's dependent upon the individual running and the actions they have done...not what they are saying.

It just irritates me when people vote emotionally, rather than rationally. I never voted for Bush or Obama, because I didn't like what they seemed to stand for during their campaigns.

That said, I don't think anyone could find a candidate that is in 100% agreement with the average voter.

For instance, I like Paul's domestic policies, but cringe at his foreign policies.

But the rest of the field has more flip-flops than your average Florida Spring Break.

new topics

top topics

join