It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Central Fla. kids contract rare illness

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Two Central Fla. kids contract rare illness

www.wftv.com

Doctors said the children have Guillain-Barre Syndrome, a disorder where the body's immune system attacks the nerves.

It only affects about one in 100,000 people.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
This is really strange.

The most frightening part of the article:

Gordon said it is possible that a virus going around is triggering the syndrome in some people.

If it's a new virus that's mimicking Guillain-Barre Syndrome, we'll start seeing many more of these cases. Frightening stuff.

Is anyone hearing about this in their states?

www.wftv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

I was looking for causation, but only found the same answers as the article in the OP. Due to the location, of course, I immediately suspected the BP oil disaster was involved, but all the information I read said the same thing. A virus gone amuck. Also, that most people make a complete recovery within six months to a year with proper treatment. Without treatment, it can be fatal.

I also noticed an interesting tidbit..........while history reflects FDR was paralyzed due to polio, it is now agreed upon that it was actually due to Guillain-Barre Syndrome.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

This is just a thought, but this syndrome has been linked to various vaccinations. Regrettably the link doesn't bring me to the story, only the site's main page.

I wonder if these kids just got vaccinated?

That would be an odd coinsidence.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Wow, My neighbors mother just went through this nightmare. She was attacked by this virus and had to be put on life support for a week. I also live in West Central Florida.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Wikipedia Link, goes through sings, symptoms and other details.

Guillain-Barre Syndrome

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Did the kids have their flu shots?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Patriotsrevenge

No kidding! Do you know about what age she is? Were the doctors able to determine what virus she had?

I found it strange that both of the kids in the article were 8, but now with your information, it appears that it's capable of attacking people of any age. Scary stuff.

My parents live in Orlando, but I'm about an hour north. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for any new info about this.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Pokoia

That's a good question.
As Corruption Exposed mentioned, it may have something to do with vaccines.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

This is just a thought, but this syndrome has been linked to various vaccinations. Regrettably the link doesn't bring me to the story, only the site's main page.

I wonder if these kids just got vaccinated?

That would be an odd coinsidence.

Peace.

Would it be an odd coincidence if the kids had ever chewed bubble gum? Or ingested milk. According to the CDC, more than 99% of all children received some immunization. See, nursing.advanceweb.com...
So there doesn't seem to be any coincidence here at all, much less an "odd" one. It might be a coincidence if the kids had NOT been vaccinated against something.
Did 99.34% of all kids receiving a vaccination suffer Guillime-Barre? No? So what's your real agenda here?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I bet it is due to some vaccine.. This is a condition most often caused by autoimmune reaction to vaccines.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by F4guy

He asked if the kids had JUST BEEN vacinated. so yes, if they had both been recently vaccinated, it would indeed be a coinincidence.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by F4guy

Your post suggests that you clearly know nothing about how auto immune disorders happen. It is not like it will happen to everyone and auto immune attacks can happen in many different ways depending on which part of the body is attacked. Gullain-bare is caused because immune systems starts attacking the myelin sheet that protects your nerves.

It is a known FACT that there is a uptick in such disorders after for example a mass flu vaccination campaign.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by F4guy

I would assume those are for a variety of viruses, that number seems high for flu shots. Also.. no we can't see your link doesn't work.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

My wife had this at age 17. She was paralyzed for 6 months during her Senior year in high school. It hit her immediately following a Hepatitis vaccine.

Later, our first child was premature but healthy, and then she started losing a lot of weight, our second child was 3 months premature and required a lot of healthcare before he finally became healthy about 2 years later. My wife was then diagnosed with Celiac's disease. A relatively new phenomenon of a gluten allergy. .

She changed her diet and started gaining weight, but then she started having tons of ghost pains all over her body. Her hips, backs of her legs, carpal tunnel, TMJ, burning sensation in her tongue, and the backs of her arms, etc. We knew she didn't develop all these ailments at once, but her doctors were constantly diagnosing her with many different joint and neuro-muscular diseases. Then we learned about Fibromyalgia, and it explains the pain at all the "trigger points" that mimic other ailments.

So, now after about 3 years of battling the diet and the pains, she has met many more people and apparently the 3 diseases go hand in hand. Guillan-Barre, Celiacs, and Fibromyalgia often hit the same person, and sometimes they are also linked to autism or other auto-immune diseases.

It all started with a Hepatitis Vaccine in a teen girl. Doctors do not deny the connection to the vaccines, she is not allowed to get flu shots or any further vaccines, and she is not allowed to get certain sulfur based antibiotics. (not sure why on that one.)

So, there you have it. We also live in Florida, but not Central Florida.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Guillime-Barre is not that rare and the cause is UNKNOWN there are about 3-6000 cases in the US every year

Yes some children get it after Vaccinations but some get it without having Vaccinations and the % is just about the same.
Usually Guillain-Barré occurs a few days or weeks after the patient has had symptoms of a respiratory or gastrointestinal viral infection

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Isn't it sometimes caused by the hpv vaccine? Didn't they just recommend last month that boys should receive this vaccine?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Sorry to hear of all the ongoing medical issues in your family. I'm happy to hear that your children are healthier than they've been in the past.

Regarding your wife's fibromyalgia. I've also been diagnosed with this. I recently learned though that if someone is allergic to Fluoride, they will have the same symptoms. I'm about one month into my Fluoride detox and the majority of the aches in my body are subsiding. If you'd like to suggest this to her, tell her to take a combo supplement of Magnesium, Calcium, Zinc, and D3 as well as Lecithin. It also helps to take a total of 5000iu of D3 per day and a vitamin C supplement. I'm feeling better as do my joints. Another strange thing I'm noticing since this detox is the amount of dreams I've been having nightly that I'm remembering when I awaken. For the past few years, I can count on both hands how many dreams I remember. I'm feeling more alert, too, as my fatigue is melting away.

If she tries the detox, be sure to let me know if she begins feeling better.
Here's the thread I did on Fluoride Allergy: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Thank you! We are on well-water, so no flouride there, but she does drink a ton of cokes, and I've seen it linked to the phosphoric acid as well.

There is a Mucinex detox that is supposed to help get rid of the build up of that acid, and she tried it, and it went exactly as the plan said. For the first couple of weeks the pain intensifies, and that happened to her, but then she didn't see it through to the end where the pain goes away.

She also smokes. I believe the combination of chemicals from Coca-Cola/Pepsi and Cigarettes along with her already existing issues, and her period of malnourishment from the Celiacs all combined to create the Fibro. I think she can beat it if she will ever get disciplined about it.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Yeah, the CDC report was for all vaccinations, not just the flu shot.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join