It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Hypocrisy Nailed by Bill Maher

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
This is a rant, not by me, but a rant nonetheless, on the extreme hypocrisy expressed by many who claim to be followers of Christianity.

Though I do not always agree with Mr. Maher, in this case, I believe he has hit the nail on the head!

Enjoy...

In a nutshell, how can individuals (especially politicians!) claim to be followers of the word of Christ, which is the most extreme message of non-violence, absence of revenge and loving thy enemy, possibly condone any war? (or retribution of any kind for that matter!)

Of course, most of us know that most self-entitled religious followers are bigger into talking about their faith, than actually acting out on it... didn't Jesus say something about that too?

the Billmeister

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I should add...
that this applies to people claiming to follow ANY faith, while somehow having to explain how their actions can go opposed to the very scriptures their particular faiths are based on.

the Billmeister

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I am a Christian, and I agree with Bill on this one.

This is the real problem with Christianity today.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
"I am a non Christian, just like most of you" lolol

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
The problem has never been the religious faiths but the people following them. A philosophy can be perfect however a human being can never be perfect.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Other religions simply to prefer to murder the messenger,
as Maher attempts to do here and as his people did, in fact, in the past.

The living state of Israel is a perfect example of how no religion is really sacred or a pathway to any imagined God.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
Other religions simply to prefer to murder the messenger,
as Maher attempts to do here and as his people did, in fact, in the past.

The living state of Israel is a perfect example of how no religion is really sacred or a pathway to any imagined God.

On the contrary, I think Maher isn't against the message of Christ at all, and I don't see how he is attempting to "murder" the messenger. (As the story goes, it was His destiny to die on the cross?!?)

However, he IS pointing out the extreme hypocrisy of those who claim to be "Christian" while doing and/or promoting exactly the opposite attitude which He promoted.

By "his people" I imagine you mean hardcore atheists?

the Billmeister

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Server hiccup= double post
edit on 11-1-2012 by Billmeister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Billmeister

No, I was referring to his "chosen" people.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

There exists a somewhat hazy line between the religion and the race that share the name "Jewish" which makes discussion concerning both difficult.

That said, I'm pretty sure Bill Maher is as atheist as they come.

The Hebrew scriptures of the Talmud and Midras DO NOT preach the "love thy enemy" and "turn the other cheek" philosophy which is accorded to Christ. So, when discussing hypocrisy of faith, in cases of war and retribution, people of Jewish faith cannot be accused of it.

Of course, I'm not sure which is worse... the end result of increased tensions, hatred and people dying being the same in both cases.

the Billmeister
edit on 11-1-2012 by Billmeister because: redundancy

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
The hypocrisy is rampant and I have spoken to many who have left the church due to it. There was even a thread started on it here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Unfortunately, those who are the most fanatical will never be able to see it in themselves or their brethren.

Below is a video showing the Christian Utopia

edit on 11-1-2012 by DJM8507 because: (no reason given)

join