It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal court blocks Oklahoma ban on Sharia law

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Well i don't know enough about Sharia law to be able to understand the impact this would have, but sorry, this line says it all:

"When the law that voters wish to enact is likely unconstitutional, their interests do not outweigh Mr. Awad's in having his constitutional rights protected," the court said.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof ....

Source

It, loosely, fits under that as this bill wasn't targeted only at Sharia law, but apparently specifically mentioned it several times, which is why they are trying to block it.

Anyways, what would this actually mean (they said they have no record of ever applying Sharia law)? Would this only affect Muslims, what exact impact would this have on the legal system?

Keep in mind, this isn't saying they would be enforcing Sharia law on YOU. And this possibly unconstitutional bill isn't just about Sharia law.

if you are not Muslim you are emune to sharia law.well in the u.k we are.and its not like we are going to let them start stoning people in our citys or lashing people

Exactly, and I would find it hard to believe that any US laws would be trumped by Sharia law, it merely sounds like they want to protect their right to have Sharia law and international law considered to those who wish it be applied.

honestly, i can see both sides of this, how people would be alarmed by this and also how passing a bill like that would be unconstitutional.
edit on 11-1-2012 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

get educated on Sharia Law, its absolutely horrible, and a clear violation of human rights. It is a barbaric way of life. If no one knows about Sharia Law, I suggest watching this short video on it to open your eyes and see how wrong this is. www.therightscoop.com... I'm so pissed about this, how can we as a country condone this type of practice? If I see anybody on my country's soil enact Sharia Law on anyone, they are going down hard in the most painful way possible PERIOD!!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

And this is relevant how? Name any religion, except possibly Buddhists and Wiccans, who don't want their particular picture of where we came from to be the dominant one in the world?

Of course there is an agenda... the same one the Christians have... world domination under their story...
edit on 11-1-2012 by Open_Minded Skeptic because: Fix spelling errors on "Buddhists" and "Wiccans"

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by gunshooter
get educated on Sharia Law, its absolutely horrible, and a clear violation of human rights. It is a barbaric way of life.

I agree.
Sharia Law is a gross human rights violation, its that which is unconstitutional.
Is it now a constitutional right to subscribe to barbaric human rights violations if its based on religion?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Color me intensely flabbergasted, incredulous, outraged, flummoxed, aghast, stunned . . .

When in history has a leadership shredded, destroyed, trashed, genocidally murdered its own nation and people?

satan has to be the boss of such clueless traitorous jerks.

Such duplicitous lying evil comes only from him.

The Eloi are lining up to descend into the caverns and onto the dinner tables of the Morlachs.

The Main Stream Media are cheering.

The FEMA camps eagerly await their first round of corpses-in-waiting.

!MARANATHA!

Dear Lord, please help me be ready for that FIRST ELEVATOR !UP!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by gunshooter

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

If I see anybody on my country's soil enact Sharia Law on anyone, they are going down hard in the most painful way possible PERIOD!!

Wow, it never fails to amaze how "bravery" flourishes in the face of a non-existent threat. It is so east to say, "If my goldfish are ever attacked by sea horses piloting tiny nuclear submarines, those sea horses are going down hard." I'm just in awe of your bravery.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by F4guy

Tell that to those who died from honor killings here.

edit on 11-1-2012 by mwuhi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I didn't see this in the posts everyone made that the important part of the statement was Sharia Law I propose that Oklahomans grabbed the tiger by the toe and didn't think about the wording of the amendment.

That no court would use Sharia Law or "International Law" the International Law part is what is truly important
If one state says it wouldn't follow international law then the whole system would fall apart. Think about it banking laws other commerce laws are all "international laws".

If a nation or state elects not to follow these fundamental rules that globalization exists by it must be made to follow them so even if Oklahoma decides to take it to a higher court the same thing will happen. Because a State has powers but constitutionally it does not possess the power to dictate Federal interpretation of "International Law"

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwuhi
reply to post by F4guy

Tell that to those who died from honor killings here.

And what does that have to do with any court imposing Sharia law? Nothing. Right?

edit on 11-1-2012 by mwuhi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by F4guy
Wow, it never fails to amaze how "bravery" flourishes in the face of a non-existent threat. It is so east to say, "If my goldfish are ever attacked by sea horses piloting tiny nuclear submarines, those sea horses are going down hard." I'm just in awe of your bravery.

And what does that have to do with any court imposing Sharia law? Nothing. Right?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonegurkha
Barack Hussein Obama II Is a moslem. What did you expect from an adminstration run by him. He was indoctrinated when in an islamist school in Indonesia. I mean Jeez ever been to a religious school. I know many people who went to catholic schools and they were indoctrinated and fed propoganda every day . Why would a moslem school be any better?

You forgot to mention the beatings and psychological torture. I endured these daily while incarcerated in a Catholic school as a small child.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Open_Minded Skeptic
reply to post by sonnny1

And this is relevant how? Name any religion, except possibly Buddhists and Wiccans, who don't want their particular picture of where we came from to be the dominant one in the world?

Of course there is an agenda... the same one the Christians have... world domination under their story...
edit on 11-1-2012 by Open_Minded Skeptic because: Fix spelling errors on "Buddhists" and "Wiccans"

Well,like another poster said..........

This is a law that would stop someone from using religion or hiding behind a religion to break a law.

Seriously,should Honor Killings be the American norm? How about Satanic sacrifice? How about bringing back burnings on the stake?

Sorry,your view on "dominance" doesnt jive with Americas "melting pot" in my book,unless their is a Religion that has sticking people into one,and a law stopping it,a Federal Court blocking it,and a wing of attorneys fighting it.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonegurkha
Barack Hussein Obama II Is a moslem. What did you expect from an adminstration run by him. He was indoctrinated when in an islamist school in Indonesia. I mean Jeez ever been to a religious school. I know many people who went to catholic schools and they were indoctrinated and fed propoganda every day . Why would a moslem school be any better?

He can claim to be christian all he wants, but early brainwashing stays with you for a lifetime.

All of the above garbage has what to do with Oklahoma's court system?

I'm sorry but this is getting out of hand. Any thread having anything to do with Islam reveals "Obama is a secret Kenyan".

Some of you either do not understand reading comprehension, the world you live in, or you are simply unable to put together rational thoughts to form an idea or opinion.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
This is a travesty and in fact sharia law has already trumped Us law look up the woman who was raped and tried to get a divorce and the judge saw git to side with the husband.

She returned home with her husband with more than enough time to be raped and beaten til some other judge stepping in but all too little too late.

It is well known that the US is the most sharia compliant country in the world because all they have to do is hide behind religious freedom.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I've not read every post because the first page was filled with some interesting thoughts...

Laws can't specifically name a religion, hence that law is unconstitutional. What is hard about that?

Would a law specifically banning single, celibate white males from serving as leaders of Christian churches be any different? That group, the single celibate white Christian church leading males (aka Priests) are notorious child rapists.

Derek

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Use of (Sharia) Islamic International Law is being pushed to set precedent on the Federal level of all Western nations.

Use of civil Sharia Law is being pushed to set precedent on the common law and legislative level in all Western nations.

The main problem with is when a single religion is singled-out. No religions legal framework are acceptable.

All bills should pass through the legislative assembly. Adoption of entire legal frameworks is not a normal use of the legislature and indicates a deep problem in its function.

This is a form of setting up a wedge to drive Islamism, and is being championed by oligarchs to "homeogenize" systems. Precedent based secular systems are an easier nut to crack than the religious zealots, and so they are going to try to use the precedent system as a means of attacking Western secular nations from the top and bottom at the same time.

Fight Back.

One Law.
edit on 2012/1/11 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Posted yestarday..search function...

abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

What exactly was the point of this law other than to bring controversy and target a specific religion? I get it, Sharia law is contrary to American values for obvious reasons, but this is why we have the constitution and the various federal laws over the years that have served to protect the rights of individual Americans. So what point does this this ban on Sharia law have? How many muslims are there even in Oklahoma? Instead of wasting money on laws like this that only serve to target particular groups and bring about controversy, why invest in promoting job growth? Helping out small businesses?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
This is a travesty and in fact sharia law has already trumped Us law

Sharia law already trumped US law? Where did you get this information from? Do you have a source?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

What exactly was the point of this law other than to bring controversy and target a specific religion? I get it, Sharia law is contrary to American values for obvious reasons, but this is why we have the constitution and the various federal laws over the years that have served to protect the rights of individual Americans. So what point does this this ban on Sharia law have? How many muslims are there even in Oklahoma? Instead of wasting money on laws like this that only serve to target particular groups and bring about controversy, why invest in promoting job growth? Helping out small businesses?

Howdy...I have started a subject that highlight's areas of concern,and discusses UN resolution 16/18 and religious intolerance.

Abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I say that anytime a court can overturn a referendum, you are not living in a Democratic Society. I also say that any time a Judge legislates from the Bench they are violating their oath and should be impeached or removed the first time they do so.

There is only one law in the US and that is well defined. This is clearly Judicial Activism. This is not a bigoted law by any stretch of the imagination. To say that each different culture that migrates here can live under the laws of the culture they ran away from is absurd.

Imagine a country where each culture lived under different laws. It would disintegrate into chaos in a matter of years. Since Sharia is only practiced by one portion of one Religion it is not secular by any stretch. Practicing Sharia Law in a Court is already illegal in fact. I'm sure a Judge could be impeached for doing so and they know it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join