It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal court blocks Oklahoma ban on Sharia law

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Open_Minded Skeptic
reply to post by Kafternin

but but but but... Don't you underSTAND? This is the MAWSLUMS! The MAWSLUMS are coming!

I know I know but for some reason I actually expect a higher level of knowledge and research and actual fact findign here on ATS than out there in the real world. Silly, I know. You know I was told this was the site with the best researchers, fewest lies, and most people looking for nothing but the truth. That must only be in the UFO forums.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Please show one, just one, instance in the US where a court, any court, in any jurisdiction, ever, applied Sharia law to any case. There isn't any. That is one reason the Court of Appeals ruled the way it did - Oklahoma conceded that the law prohibited something that had never occured, anywhere, at any time. It was a sham law, and one that didn't apply to the Roman Catholic religion, or Talmudic law, or the Baptists 10 Commandments, which is religious law.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

It would seem so, its a religious law, separation of church and state implies that its allowed.

edit on 11-1-2012 by mwuhi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwuhi
Well then get your affairs in order, under Sharia law if you refuse to be a moslem you are to be beheaded.

Since Sharia Law only pertains to consenting Muslims, um... can you explain this mobius strip of thought? I would really actually kind of enjoy seeing it thought through all the way. Can you do that for me?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SupersonicSerpent
if you are not Muslim you are emune to sharia law.well in the u.k we are.and its not like we are going to let them start stoning people in our citys or lashing people

** Immune

And you forgot the post fix of YET that makes your statement true. 50 years ago, ppl like u were saying there was no way the UK would be 'described as it is today' but here we are.

here we all are.

queue the pro-islamic groups to say it's all racist diatribe to silence any discussion.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
It seems the msm sure is ramping up the hate of the brown man.

You dont have to worry about that much longer soon the whole world will be brown NWO is seeing to that.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh
queue the pro-islamic groups to say it's all racist diatribe to silence any discussion.

Nothing to do with racism, as Muslims span the world and are of all races; even some nice white ones around.

I don't live in the UK, and am not that conversant with UK law, but in the US, it is illegal to restrict the practice of any religion. There is a ton of precedent here also to support US law overriding religous precepts. Child marriage is not allowed, polygamy is not allowed, beheadings and stonings are not allowed, even though there are practitioners in the US of religions that allow each of these things.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kafternin

Well then get your affairs in order, under Sharia law if you refuse to be a moslem you are to be beheaded.

Since Sharia Law only pertains to consenting Muslims, um... can you explain this mobius strip of thought? I would really actually kind of enjoy seeing it thought through all the way. Can you do that for me?

Yes it pertains to moslems, if you refuse to be a moslem he is obligated to behead you, according to his religion.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Yes it pertains to moslems, if you refuse to be a moslem he is obligated to behead you, according to his religion.

BS.

I work with followers of the Islamic faith every day and have for years. Never not one time has any of them tried to recruit me, or behead me, and they are well aware that I am not a follower of Islam.

I've had much more intrusion into my life from Christians than I ever have from Muslims.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Kafternin

From the OP

OKLAHOMA CITY – An amendment that would ban Oklahoma courts from considering international or Islamic law discriminates against religions and a Muslim community leader has the right to challenge its constitutionality, a federal appeals court said Tuesday. The court in Denver upheld U.S. District Judge Vicki Miles-LaGrange's order blocking implementation of the amendment shortly after it was approved by 70 percent of Oklahoma voters in November 2010. Read more: www.foxnews.com...#ixzz1j9Xav91o

Religion is worship. To whatever god you choose.

This is a law that would stop someone from using religion or hiding behind a religion to break a law.

Breaking the law and it's consequesnces should be a fait accompli. If you are in America, and you break American law, you are punished.
The "ban" would have inhibited persons from justifying the breaking of law using religion.

And this is being questioned?

THAT'S the issue I have.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Everyone should be held to the same laws and punishments regardless of race, sex, religion, etc.

If being muslim allows you to get away with nothing more than a slap on the wrist while someone else who isn't a muslim gets 2 years jail time, then there's going to be a problem. Ignorance of a law isn't an excuse, and neither is being part of a religion.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Open_Minded Skeptic

Not BS it says in the coran you can choose to be moslem or be killed.
Just because your moslem friends wont do it to you does not remove it from the coran.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Will Honor Killings be next?

PC at its finest...............

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Honor killings do happen among moslems here.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

This is a start to make the USA like the UK.

I have a friend overthere who says his country is going to hell and the woman have no rights what so every.

Could you imaging someone like Aylatolla Komanie deciding on your loved use case.

Or someone worse.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
I wouldnt Go so far as to say Obama is a muslim in any way......

He claims he's a christian ... but considering his 20 years in the anti-white black liberation theology cult AND the way he hugs on the Muslim Brotherhood AND all else considered ... I just don't know .... it could be .... He wouldn't be the first poltician to lie ...

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I agree beezer, one must keep in mind the the law today is now an instrument designed to be used to our detriment.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mwuhi

I reckon you are going on the whole (mis-represented) thing about how the Quran says to fight the infidels? Got any sources for your position?

I say the Quran is being mis-represented in this case, and here are some quotes and sources to back that up:

The same Quran that reads, "Whoever then acts aggressively against you, inflict injury on him according to the injury he has inflicted on you" (2:194), also reads, "Goodness and evil are not the same. So repel evil with goodness, then the one who had enmity between you becomes a trusted and dear friend" (41:34). When it comes to dealing with a transgressor, the Quran is basically delineating four different strategies, the validity of which is contingent on the situational and contextual factors. The first is retaliation which is permissible on the condition that it does not exceed the limits. Verse (2:194) is clear on this, "whoever then acts aggressively against you, inflict injury on him according to the injury he has inflicted on you." Verse (16:126) gives the same meaning, "and if you take your turn, then retaliate with the like of that with which you were afflicted." Verse (3:134) gives the other three strategies, "and those who restrain their anger and pardon men; and God loves the doers of good to others." The three methods given here are, (a) to restrain one's anger and not respond, (b) to pardon the wrongdoer, and (c) to do good to the transgressor. According to verse, method (c) is the most beloved by God. Here the Quran teaches the superiority, in the sight of God, of responding to evil with goodness. Now what should the Muslim do when wronged? It depends on the context, on the situational factors. Under some circumstances, the wrongdoer must be punished. Under others, one should refrain from retaliation, or go a step further to wholehearted forgiveness, or even repel the transgressor's evil with goodness. The above is important for explaining how to deal with the Quranic text.

And:

The Quranic principle for dealing with the 'other' non-Muslim is clear from verses (60:8-9), "God does not forbid you respecting those who have not made war against you on account of your religion, and have not driven you forth from your homes, that you show them kindness and deal with them justly; surely God loves the doers of justice. God only forbids you respecting and loving those who made war upon you on account of your religion, and drove you forth from your homes and backed up others in your expulsion, that you make friends with them, and whoever makes friends with them, these are the unjust." The Quran does not present Islam as a religion of unquestionable pacifism or relentless aggression. Those who do not transgress should be treated humanely and benevolently with complete respect. Those who transgress should be fought, "And fight in the cause of God those who fight against you, and do not commit aggression. Indeed God does not love those who are aggressors," (2:190). In other words, Islam is a religion of peace, not in the sense that it is pacifist, but in the sense that Muslims can and should co-exist peacefully with others who respect them. Neither transgression is permitted nor forcing others to espouse Islam as the Quran says, "there is no compulsion in religion," (2:256).

Source

I'm no expert on the Quran or Islam, but the above seems pretty clear - only those who attack Muslims based on their religion are considered to be the enemy and to be fought.

People of non-Islamic or no religious following that hold Islam and it's followers in respect are themselves to be held in respect.

According to the Quran.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Open_Minded Skeptic

Well youre not reading in the right place then, also read what it says about women and dogs.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
There is an agenda.

“Islam isn’t in America to be equal to any other faith but to become dominant. The Koran, the Muslim book of scripture, should be the highest authority in America, and Islam the only accepted religion on Earth,” San Ramon Valley Herald reporter Lisa Gardiner wrote when summarizing the message of Council of American Islamic Relations (CAIR) founder Omar Ahmad to a Muslim audience in 1998. But if yours is an Islamist organization, operating as a mainstream advocacy group in a country that has not accepted Allah as supreme, how do you remain relevant and keep Islam on a pedestal? Answer: sue, coerce, and intimidate those who say or write things damaging to the image of the faith and its followers.

CAIR tries to squash criticism of agenda through intimidation and lawfare, critics say

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join