It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be the change.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Quiet often we are so trapped in our philosophical pursuits or daily pains and desires that we loose sight of that which is real close. In our attempt to change our clothes, friends, jobs, partners, homes, phone, looks, moods or whatever, we loose sight of our centre, our being. Inside our being everything is present, it is from here we create our reality.
Sounds to simple doesn’t it? But that’s the way it is, from our being we give birth to change, we give birth to wisdom, happiness. Its not reactionary, its just our natural being. Everything else is a reflection, a self deception. I know we can all argue against this, but remember that arguing would not be happening in our being, it would be in our mind. The over rated mind, nothing really wrong with it just over rated. So I know for some it is almost impossible to see that choice available, but its there you just have to be able to see it.
for all you human beings.......

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ancientthunder

very interesting ill check out the vid

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
thanks for this cool vid!

"the the change". wasn't that ghandi? what a great man who left lots of great vibes on this rock!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
No matter where you manage to go,
it will always be called "here".

Except with my remote. With that I can change to any channel I want.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
This post was synchronicity, and resonated within me. I have been using that quote as my motto for 2012 since the beginning of the year, because it perfectly describes what we ALL need to do...

--1L

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ancientthunder

I totally agree with you. You can't change anything in the world until you've changed the same things in yourself.

Two of my favorite quotes:
"Be the change you wish to see."

and

"Wherever you go, there you are."

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
"You must be the change that you want to see in the world."
- Mahatmas Gandhi

This has been one of the most meaningful concepts to me during my spiritual seeking.

So many times we look to place blame on others. Blame others for our mistakes, our shortcomings, and our weaknesses. We make excuses and reasons to avoid the truth of our own power and responsibility.

We look to educators, politicians, leaders, gurus, messiahs, and saviors for answers and solutions. We hope and want others to do and solve for us.

If you want a peaceful world, YOU must be peaceful. Not argumentative, hostile, nor angrily blaming others for lack of world peace.

If you want a clean world, YOU must make it so. Pick up litter you see and recycle. Do not support consumerism or materialism that destroys the world.

Etc., etc., etc. YOU must be the change. I must be the change.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Very well put!

I made a thread about this a few weeks ago, too: We Want Change!

I am glad to see there are other people out there that are working towards the same goals.

top topics

join