It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous declares Day of Action against NDAA (VIDEO)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Awoken4Ever

are you serious? how do you think the american revolution started???? those were unjust times just like they are now, the government is abusing their rights as a form of control! come on now, use your head and really think about what you are saying...our country seems to be hypnotized by the name "terrorist" and we use that as a crutch towards anyone we are scared of.. OR anyone we want others to think are the bad guys...that being said, they are not terrorists, they are an organization of reform that wants WHAT IS BEST for our citizens and civillians and immigrants alike...do you really want your children or grandchildren to grow up in a war-riddled nation who everytone else in the world thinks are hypocrites and ignoramuses, think about it...

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Just a heads up

CNN Presents, Saturday Jan 14, 8 pm Eastern

An hour report on Anonymous.

My Tv guide says it a repeat, I have not seen this before, anyone else seen it?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I am not going to respond to every one of you individually. What really bothers me is that you really can't see behind the curtain of what is going on and quick to jump on a bandwagon that you know personally so little about.

It's so easy to win the minds over of the clueless. Guess you all never put 2+2 together as to anonymous' arriving on the scene, tactics, and timing to SOPA or anything else going on right now huh? (and I don't mean just now) What have they really done worth of any substance so far? Steal a few credit card numbers, usernames, passwords on servers where the door was left wide open? Anything substantial come out of it already? Of course they are going to target someone where folks who pass these laws would notice. This doesn't just fit into the SOPA act, this is the perfect 911 job on many fronts.

You see hero, I see false flag. You say terrorists that couldn't fly a commercial airliner to save their life did it, I see professionals. When Anonymous pulls out some meat we can sink our teeth into, all I will ever see is criminal amateur intention or false flag op. Those are my "feelings" but my original post was to read between the lines, which so many of you obviously can't.

It doesn't take much to get a movement together and manipulate the youth into wanting to join the cause. How many kids dropped everything they had to only go die in a war they knew nothing about? I just see a different day, different song. Are their legit anonymous hackers out there? Of course there are, but young, foolish, and joining a band wagon just to wear another marine uniform. This time they just didn't realize they were joining the marines.

Create a problem, provide solution, and then continue to divide.

Enjoy Anonymous...see how fast they go into hiding (or should I say vanish) when the rest of our rights get stripped away. Oh btw...the real fools will be the young that jumped on the bandwagons and wanted to be a weekend warrior hackers. They will eventually need a face to present to the public when all is said and done. Guess who that will be? LOL

They didn't even need to find folks in a cave to pull this one off. Just a few videos would get the job done much cheaper this time, and less of a trail

You're right...not sure what I was thinking at all.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

I think for the amount of times i have read the words "terrorist group" in your post without just cause and labeling them based on pure speculation is utterly preposterous. This loosely knitted group sees that there is an enormous problem with a country, so they are doing all that they can. They ARE actually using whats left of the constitution, so then of course there will be people like you shouting to the heavens trying to deface what reputation is left of them. I smell something ... and it ain't fish.
edit on 11-1-2012 by descendedstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyanhide

Think about anonymous what ever you want. Do realize they are the lesser evil.

Hmmmm........................

Hitler or Stalin,which one was the lesser evil?

What would Anon be without the Internet?

Imagine Gandhi with a Guy Fawkes mask. Imagine MLK with one?
Please,if your fed up,show your face,and then DO something.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by little1

we are ALL anonymous

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Awoken4Ever
I would be very careful about putting post up spreading propaganda for a well known, and well wanted terrorist group. Regardless of whether you "think" you are doing the right thing or not by spreading this, you are associating yourself with a terrorist group now.

Laws are changing rapidly. Might not want that label put over your head.

Comments like this make me sad...

But I am glad some people in the US still have a backbone.

Maybe you could borrow Mr. Romney's... He sure doesn't need it, because he's the head jellyfish of the Republican party.

Are you giddy about SOPA looming over us? I would infer that you are, from your post here...

Ask yourself, which terror group are you supporting by posting this post?
edit on 11-1-2012 by susp3kt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
If you think its scarry that they can turn anyone into a terrorrist wait till you hear the def.

There is neither an academic nor an international legal consensus regarding the definition of the term "terrorism".[1][2] Various legal systems and government agencies use different definitions of "terrorism". Moreover, the international community has been slow to formulate a universally agreed upon, legally binding definition of this crime. These difficulties arise from the fact that the term "terrorism" is politically and emotionally charged.[3

en.wikipedia.org...

So basically the standard could be set from anywhere.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I think the Gevernment themselves is guilty of terrorism. Invoking terror to provoke a reaction from citizens.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

You seem to believe that the terrorists were unable to fly jet airliners?

They HAD been doing some pilot training and the hardest part of flying is takeoff & landing, neither of which the terrorists did.

On my first flight I was given the controls of the plane and had no difficulty flying around where I wanted. I even circled over my house a few times. I was 11 years old at the time and had not had ANY training.

Since then I have been in the cockpit of many military and civilian planes.

They aren't as complex to fly as you seem to think.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Eff these guys, I'm still waiting for them to release all the info they said they'd release on the New Year. Now, where is it?? They are a waste of time. Anonymous is nothing but a name to me. All they do is make videos talking about what they gonna do, but never do it.

Kind of like when I tell my 8 year old brother I'm gonna smack him against the wall if he doesn't leave me alone. When he gets 9 or 10 he's going to be like, "He never does it, he's not gonna do it and if he does, he is F***ed."

SN: I'll never do it lol

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by Cyanhide

Think about anonymous what ever you want. Do realize they are the lesser evil.

Hmmmm........................

Hitler or Stalin,which one was the lesser evil?

What would Anon be without the Internet?

Imagine Gandhi with a Guy Fawkes mask. Imagine MLK with one?
Please,if your fed up,show your face,and then DO something.

The mask is a symbol. Perhaps you should watch the movie V for Vendetta. And if you have seen it, watch it again. I don't think you understood the message.

Comparing a group of computer nerds who wear masks to terrorists vs. Hitler to Stalin, is about the dumbest comparison I've seen on ATS since I've been here. Why don't we compare Ketchup to Blood vs HIV to Syphilis while we're at it. It makes just as much sense, really.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrUncreated

The mask is a symbol. Perhaps you should watch the movie V for Vendetta. And if you have seen it, watch it again. I don't think you understood the message.

Comparing a group of computer nerds who wear masks to terrorists vs. Hitler to Stalin, is about the dumbest comparison I've seen on ATS since I've been here. Why don't we compare Ketchup to Blood vs HIV to Syphilis while we're at it. It makes just as much sense, really.

First, Another Poster had stated Anon is the lesser of two evils.

My comparison is called SARCASM.

Like comparing Hitler to Stalin.

There IS NO LESSER OF TWO EVILS.....
Maybe a stretch to put them in the same box,but not as BIG of a stretch as what Anonymous makes themselves out to be.We are Legion? Ridiculous...................

Second a mask? Who the HELL hides behind one? I can BUY one at a Halloween store. You didnt see ANY of the greatest activists hiding behind one,or mimicking a movie.Hence the comparison.

Third,what is Anon WITHOUT the internet? Nothing I am afraid. Those "Computer Nerds" Believe in their message,and purported size of their egos.

So in short,its sarcasm,hopefully this explains it, in simpler terms.
edit on 12-1-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by openeyeswideshut

A big problem for the definition of terrorism is that it involves acts of war. America and many other nations would have huge employment challenges if war was made illegal.

So instead we have some poor, inaccurate stereotype to focus all the hate and rage on while many endlessly chase their tail in the quicksand. The long term economic gains provides lots of jobs as constant rebuilding is needed.

There is some cultural conditioning going on in terms of 'terrorism' and it is very much a political tool. "You make me scared so I kill you" is the culture that is developing. Instead of addressing the reason for fear in a mature and responsible way, just send in the C4 is gradually becoming an accepted approach. Especially if you have the power and resources to pull it off and cover it up. No matter how hard you try you will never be able to blow up your shadow, a life in darkness is the best you could hope for.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

People seem to forget that anonymous is everyone.
The mask represents a symbol, unified no black nor white, we are all the same.
And tbh I don't get it at all. So its okay for Christians to use a symbol like a cross or a bible? I mean take away those two and their not Christians anymore? Ridiculous

The biggest mistake is the idea that anonymous are friggin ' computer nerds " as you put it so nicely. There is a big different between some DDOS attacks or hacking and retrieving highly sensitive information.

If you think anonymous are some teenage kids while playing World of Warcraft hack the bank of america then you are plain dumb. I mean the bank of america did hire a whole team to fight anonymous off.

What is anon without the internet? pretty much the same. The internet is but a medium. People wanting a better world. And what I meant by the lesser of two evils is this : even if this big anonymous is some psyops to get more grip on the internet. Then so be it! However each and everyone putting on a guy fawkes mask truly believes they are fighting and making a different s. Those peoples feelings are legit!

There is this big trend going on ATS " fight this, fight that, illuminati, tptb" and every time people are doing something its still bad. I mean ATS is waiting for people to rise and stand up to their governments. yet when occupy wallstreet began most of the people here where against it!
edit on 12-1-2012 by Cyanhide because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-1-2012 by Cyanhide because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-1-2012 by Cyanhide because: Ugh spelling -_-"

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

First, Another Poster had stated Anon is the lesser of two evils.

My comparison is called SARCASM.

Like comparing Hitler to Stalin.

There IS NO LESSER OF TWO EVILS.....
Maybe a stretch to put them in the same box,but not as BIG of a stretch as what Anonymous makes themselves out to be.We are Legion? Ridiculous...................

Second a mask? Who the HELL hides behind one? I can BUY one at a Halloween store. You didnt see ANY of the greatest activists hiding behind one,or mimicking a movie.Hence the comparison.

Third,what is Anon WITHOUT the internet? Nothing I am afraid. Those "Computer Nerds" Believe in their message,and purported size of their egos.

So in short,its sarcasm,hopefully this explains it, in simpler terms.
edit on 12-1-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

First: Sometimes you have to break an evil law to abolish the evil law...

Second: It is not necessarily to hide. Yes, they helped against the $ci's... But they are a symbol of unity, and that we are all one people and one idea even if we come from different backgrounds. It's easy to make people go against each other over racial or economic disparities... But it's a lot harder to get a rift going between 200,000 Fawkes.

Third: That two-hundred thousand number is not an exaggeration. Hundreds and hundreds of thousands of Anon supporters poured into the street to show their disdain for the Church of $cientology.

Computer nerds? Some maybe. Most? Absolutely not.
edit on 12-1-2012 by YouAreLiedTo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I find it amusing when people who forget the original protests start talking about computer nerds...

Want to see what Anonymous looks like?

All I'm waiting for is Occupy to really unite with Anon...

Then you will see epicness in the streets.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

reply to post by Cyanhide

I could care less what anyone thinks.

If you don't care what anyone thinks why would you go to a forum in the first place? Your catchy phrases I've noticed look like they come from a guide book on 'How To Proliferate BS On The Web'. I hope the Obama administration pays you enough to buy you cola and fries.

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by setsero

reply to post by Cyanhide

I could care less what anyone thinks.

If you don't care what anyone thinks why would you go to a forum in the first place? Your catchy phrases I've noticed look like they come from a guide book on 'How To Proliferate BS On The Web'. I hope the Obama administration pays you enough to buy you cola and fries.

Wonder how many dollar menu items you can buy on a shill's salary...

Or if they pay you in food stamps?

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by berkeleygal
Just a heads up

CNN Presents, Saturday Jan 14, 8 pm Eastern

An hour report on Anonymous.

My Tv guide says it a repeat, I have not seen this before, anyone else seen it?

I DVR'd it and just now had a chance to watch it. I'm having trouble figuring out how I want to say what I'm thinking so bear with me.....

It was only about a 12 minute segment - extremely interesting

The impression they left me with is that OWS and Anonymous are pretty much hand in hand now. I don't remember their exact words but basically they said they are together in this - and showed OWS protests that included many guy fawkes masks. (We are the 99%!)

They kept saying how much "officials" dislike them, but then pretty much justified the actions taken against the officials. Just for example - Anonymous released personal information on certain police officers who were caught on camera using unnecessary force.
CNN could not get any official to comment or participate in the segment, and speculated it was for fear of Anonymous retaliation. (can I laugh here? sorry)

They made it clear multiple times that they are a peaceful group, attempting to expose the "military state" and/or "bad behavior" of officers. In one segment, they showed some protestors getting out of hand, and other protestors reminding them "hello, we don't do that".

The Anonymous person they spoke with (Troy, not his real name), said something to the effect of.... if we come up with an idea and people seem to like it, we go with it. If they don't, we don't. To some of us that was already obvious, but I thought it worth pointing out.

There were other things, but I can't list them all. I don't know what CNN was trying to do - it did seem like some of the questions were trying to make Anon look bad, but they ended up making them look good. This is my opinion of course...

When it was over, all I could think was .... whoever Anonymous doesn't like, should probably watch their backs. The gov can make all the laws they want, and lock up all the people they want - but it won't be enough.

I believe the tactics used by Anonymous can be likened to guerrilla warfare. And we all know how that turns out in the long run. Or has history taught us nothing?

Anyway, like I said before - I don't always agree with Anonymous because I don't always agree with the majority - but the only people who should fear them, are the ones who are deliberately hurting others just to get ahead.

Its ok if you don't agree with me, just my personal opinion.
Peace.

oh real quick (p.s. like) - my guide also said it was a repeat - but with all the OWS references, it couldn't have been too old - and it ended with a Christmas note.... Anonymous hacked into a site at xmas and stole credit card numbers for the purpose of stealing $1,000,000 to give to charities
I'm sorry that makes me smile too - if anyone steals from me, I hope it going to charity

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join