It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I had an awful dream about how animals feel when we slaughter them for meat :(

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
A few weeks back, I had a really vivid dream - one that I don't think I'll ever forget, for as long as I live.

In the dream, I suddenly found myself stood outside an animal's pen or cage. I watched as a couple of cruel, violent men took the animal's son or daughter away. I knew in the dream that it was being taken away to be slaughtered, for meat. The animal's mother was crying, it's face looked kind of human...the purpose of which, I think, was to show me it's emotions so I could understand how it felt. I could feel it's emotion so intensely, the pain and anguish and sorrow was just awful
It made me feel sick to the stomach. The anguish on it's face and the tears running down it's cheeks was just horrific

The scenario was only a minute long, if that - and randomly popped up in the middle of a dream I was having. It made me feel sick to the stomach. It's as though the dream's purpose was to show me just how animals feel when they and their loved ones are being slaughtered to feed our greedy fat faces.

I believe that some dreams are sent to us to give us a message. I believe this message was to make me sit up and think twice about eating meat. The thing is, I know how wrong it is, both for the animal and for us too. I tried a few years ago to give up meat, after avidly reading and researching, and I lasted 2 days before I caved in, because I felt so tired and awful. I've eaten meat my entire life, so it's going to be hard to stop - but I REALLY want to do it.

Does anyone have any tips? Anyone who used to be a meat eater and gave it up? Did you struggle like I did? How did you stop yourself from caving in and eating meat again

Thanks,

Kate

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
lmgtfy.com...

Wow, how very helpful and "witty". Not.

I wanted feedback from people with experience and wisdom, not a search engine. If we all stopped communicating with each other and passing on our knowledge and personal experiences, and if we stopped asking each other for advice and counted on search engines for everything, what a sad world we'd live in.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by KatieVA

I just ate a carrot.

#delicious

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Eating an animal is not the problem. It's the way our society has dehumanised it to the point of making it a production line.

I'd have no issue taking my own kill for food, but I would give thanks to the animal.. as silly as that sounds, it is not just there for me, but a part of this world.

Slaughter houses are barbaric no matter how humane they act. A farmer will slaughter an animal, but he cares for it right up to the end. And he does it so that it causes as little stress to the animal as possible.

If we were all forced to raise our own food and slaughter it I am sure more people would agree - but it's just so much easier for cavemen to go eat a steak or cook up a rump..

heck even cavemen had more smarts when it came to killing, only take what you need... sustaining the environment was the most important factor.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   

reply to post by KatieVA

I just ate a carrot.

#delicious

Are you on a mission to make yourself look like an ignorant fool?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Just make sure you are meeting your daily protein requirements...

You giving up cheese as well?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by KatieVA

reply to post by KatieVA

I just ate a carrot.

#delicious

LOL

remove thy stick from thine arse?
edit on 11-1-2012 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh
Eating an animal is not the problem. It's the way our society has dehumanised it to the point of making it a production line.

I'd have no issue taking my own kill for food, but I would give thanks to the animal.. as silly as that sounds, it is not just there for me, but a part of this world.

Slaughter houses are barbaric no matter how humane they act. A farmer will slaughter an animal, but he cares for it right up to the end. And he does it so that it causes as little stress to the animal as possible.

If we were all forced to raise our own food and slaughter it I am sure more people would agree - but it's just so much easier for cavemen to go eat a steak or cook up a rump..

heck even cavemen had more smarts when it came to killing, only take what you need... sustaining the environment was the most important factor.

I guess that's one way around it - sourcing my meat from elsewhere. I'd already decided recently to stop buying my meat from a supermarket, I found out a lot about how the animals and the meat is treated. Apparently there's a brilliant farm shop round here I'll try out. I'd love to give vegetarianism a go at some point though, perhaps it's a case of just cutting down gradually? I do eat it everyday, I'm ashamed to say. I think last time I tried, I shouldn't have just gone "cold turkey", as my body obviously wasn't used to not having meat.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Listen to the song 'Meat is Murder' by the Smiths.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   

reply to post by KatieVA

I just ate a carrot.

#delicious

LOL

I'm not the one coming onto people's threads and making sarcastic, unhelpful comments. If you've got nothing helpful to say and you're going to carry on being childish, then please leave. Surely you've got something better to do with your time? Being childish and rude isn't exactly a constructive use of it, nor is it very wise.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   

reply to post by KatieVA

I just ate a carrot.

#delicious

LOL

Also, people like you really p*ss me off. There are people on this planet - children lying in hospital beds dying - who would give ANYTHING to have a bit more time in this world, just a few more minutes - to do the things they want to do and spend more time with their loved ones. And then there are people like you, who sit on their a*se on the internet, goading people and wasting their precious time getting kicks out of being a moron. Life is very short you know...why not spend it doing something constructive with your life?!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by KatieVA

Yes I've much better things to do than try to give someone resources, only to have them think it was rude.

Adios.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by KatieVA

Ah-ha.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I eat meat ... once a while ... sometimes more often and some weeks not at all. years ago I loved meat but more and more I come to a conclusion, that it is not really necessary to eat meat. there are vegans that live 80-90 years without problems ... there are vegan body builders ... vegan construction workers ... so nobody can tell me that men needs meat. it tastes good, but only after preparing it ... a carrot tastes good also without sauce or having boiled it.

at the moment, when I see an animal, it looks more and more "human" to me. I see it more and more as a thinking living being with own feelings what makes it more interesting for me to not eat flesh anymore. but still, I am eating meat ... maybe it is because I am used to it like being used to tabacco, coffee or sugar but that means, I can get rid of the urge to consume another living being.

what it makes easy for me to eat meat are the supermarkets we have here everywhere ... if I would have to kill animals myself, I would have stopped long time ago.

I heard once, that it really depends how the animal has been killed, because all feelings and emotions of that animal while being killed will become part of the meat we consume later on. means, if the animal was stressed or unhappy, the meat we eat will make us more stressed and unhappy ... also a point for me to stop eating flesh.

reincarnation is a point as well ... I believe in that and I also think that a human can be reborn as a animal, what means we are eating reborn people ... sounds gruesome ... and honestly, I do not want to become a chicken in my next life ... not even an animal, because we anyways eat everything that we can chew ... sad but true ...

okay, need to go to lunch now ... hopefully finding something without meat :-)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by KatieVA

Maybe maybe not, I do believe you should take care to watch everything you put into your body and do everything you can not to waste or rake lightly the animals sacrifice to us.
I read awhile back someone said, that if we as humans had to acquire our own meat, many of us would starve.
This may be true to a point nowadays, but there is a reason why our species has survived, in the end we will do what it takes too live.
Like I said before, just do not take the animals sacrifice lightly, do not waste its gift to you.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Riip9110

Whatever drugs you take, stop taking them.
Really? Seeing animals as humans? Reincarnation as an animal?

You can't be serious. .

And Dreams are just dreams, if there is a message in them, i wonder what my dreams mean? I dream crap about being a Ninja and whatnot. It's fun to experience them, but i don't give them more thought than movies. Dreams are compiled about your experiences and what you read, imaginations.
The dream of the OP was propably influenced by all the Vegan propagand that fills ATS. Read 20 time that 'meat is murder' and someday you may have a bad dream about it.
Or not.
I can only say, the Pizza i ate half a hour ago wouldn't have been as tasty without the Salami and the Bacon

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by KatieVA

Try and show the same compassion to a thin hungry bear.
Do you think it wouldn't kill you? Animals slaughter each other all the time, you're the top of the food chain.

Animal skinning is a different story however.

edit on 11-1-2012 by Parksie because: A fat bear bear probably isnt hungry

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Earthlings is a documentary narrated by Joaquin Phoenix about slaughter houses and fur trade.

This should work for a while.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
earthlings, yeah, that made me think a while ago ...

yes, we do whatever it takes to survive, but does that mean that is something good? we do more than surviving, especially in western countries. I understand that it might be necessary to kill and slaughter animals in case you are starving, but honestly, how many people around you are starving (i am living in Europe)? have a look at supermarkets ... all the meat, just lying there ... we do eat so much and we waste even more ...
Are we doing so, because we need to survive, or are we doing that because we like to have options, opportunities to make our lives more enjoyable? we do not really need hamburgers, baloney, spicy chicken wings or black pudding. that has nothing to do with surviving, we are just spoiled eaters and we like to show of while cooking.

we are on top of the food chain? but we should behave a little bit more responsible because of that and at the moment we do not really do so ... we are not hunters anymore, nor do we kill to survive ... we eat to survive ... and we kill, because as it seems we like it or do not worry about it ...

and just for fun: I hope there are Aliens and they have a hunger for human flesh ... would you be happy to become livestock or food?

concerning the drugs I am taking :-) ... just because you do not think that we will be reborn as an animal, it does not mean it won't happen to you as well :-)

we are guest on this planet and animals have been here before us ... it is time to behave like a nice visitor and stop slaughtering mother nature

( I am not saying there are no people starving, we all know better, but that is a different and even more sad story)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join