It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For your consideration. Food for thought.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Unlike the general masses I was raised to question and research everything. True I was brought up with Christian moral guidelines and unknowingly forced to swear allegiance to god everyday at school. Public school mind you. Pledge of allegiance forces children to pledge under god.

Well, up till after high school I did pray and labor for god with an open mind to other religions. With the hope I would be on the right path. After the first girl who was the only human in my life I truly loved, while friends and family are loved in the nature of duty. I prayed asking where I had gone wrong. With no answer, and the way I was raised, I sought out an answer for myself. Knowing full well that to study a subject truly, I needed different perspectives. So I studied other religions. Not practicing any until I felt the one that I would instinctively feel was right. Then in time I found my perspective truth. My religious pursuit lead me close to what is called Wiccan. I can already guess many faithful to Yahweh eyes bugging out at this point. Mind you I do believe god exists. But also mind that through my research of him he is an enemy I cannot align myself to. Do not take it as all wiccans share in that believe. There are as many different styles of wicca as there are people believing in it. So my personal perspective is not shared by any other wiccan.

Also since I had started seeking my own knowledge I have found many other perspectives other people do not consider. Such as Yahweh having brothers, father, grandfather, and other pantheron of gods with him. I have spoken with Loki and an associate of Lilith. Fought against a Succubus. Visited with ghosts. Even an angel of death. I have read older items in the bible that the kjb does not cover. I have read of other religions and by my will hold my own power of spirit.

All I speak is that anyone who reads this consider gaining knowledge for yourself. In knowledge comes power. In power comes salvation. If there was only one heaven there wouldn't have been other gods, goddesses, good or evil to speak of besides the so called on true god. Yahweh did not create the world in seven days. He made his land in seven days. That could've been just an acre for all any of you know. And yet some that I have come across do not wish to seek knowledge and do not know the truths behind things they practice. Heck, Sin was even the name of a god of the moon. Now don't tell me that doesn't mean that one god basically claimed war against another god and defamed the followers. I do not preach practicing evils and crime. I preach that to realize what is true crimes and not commit them should be your path. Do not strike down lives. Do not enforce you will on others. Do what ye will as long as it harms non.

I have read articles where other people have furthered studied their religion and I commend them. They at least seek knowledge where others do not. All I ask is that people put down their one book and pick up more. Become a learned student of you religion. Cause I swear if (for example of something that really happened) I come across a priest that answers Adams first wife was Eve, then your churches should fall to ruin to permit life on it's earth. Although I have to admit teaching a priest somethings they did not know about the bible is rather fun. Especially if they gain a new outlook on it.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
It does sound like a responsible approach you have taken to the study of Theology. This is quite an important subject for easing much of the cultural tension that is present across the globe. All the common religions do have strong themes of establishing a civil code of conduct, but there are still many difference of opinions in some of the technicalities.

As for an actual religion I have currently rested with scientism - a belief in the scientific method and public peer reviewed study. When looking at the 9/11 mess this approach does provide solid answers. There are too many stories, theories and indications for me to make any actual definition of deep religious and spiritual matters. With increasing study, debate and merging of scientific fields I am confident that a strong foundation to our questions of life can be found.

I am very much aware that our universities are submissive to military, political and economic influences, the main threat to continuing our ignorance.

new topics

join