It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy protesters return to New York park

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
It looks like the spark that is the OWS is still going. As soon as it winter is over I betcha they return in full bloom

Occupy protesters return to New York park

www.aljazeera.com...

Hundreds of anti-Wall Street protesters have returned to Zuccotti Park in New York's financial district after the park owners took down metal barricades around the Manhattan square.

On Tuesday evening, about 250 protesters flocked to the park where the Occupy Wall Street (OWS) movement was born for the first time since they were evicted two months ago.

Gathering around a large model of the Statue of Liberty, they sang and celebrated.

The park's owners, Brookfield Office Properties, removed the barricades after a legal challenge to the restrictions from several civil rights groups.

This video is raw footage and goes blank in the middle then resumes later on towards the end. It is what it is.

Related articles,
www.cbsnews.com...

www.washingtonpost.com... tory.html

www.nydailynews.com...
edit on 11-1-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

I was wondering about that. I haven't heard much about OWS'/NY

Thanks for the update,.
edit on 11-1-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

It's cold out and living in a tent blows when it's cold. Well that and they were forced out
. But from the looks of it people are still interested in doing what ever it is they do there.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I would not have them arrested , i would let them do there thing and let the locals take care of them.

That way nobody can cry police brutality .

When they are thrown out by the locals them selfs , i'm sure they will recieve the unwanted messege more t hen if another eviction notice was handed to them.

Let them stay , let them infest , let them suffer the consequences but from another route .

new topics

top topics

join