It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Invisible Rock in rock pile monolith.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Whilst walking along the coast last August I came across some rock piles that had been constructed by people.

I laughed assuming that it was pagan instincts returning to people of celtic origin here in the Penwith, Cornwall, England.

I took some pictures and thought nothing more about it.

I returned home and uploaded the pictures from my Blackberry 8520.

Then I noticed this.....

img.abovetopsecret.com...

Clipped and pasted next to each other.

I can only assume that the missing rock is invisible to the camera and viewable by the naked eye.

Now I am stumped. So if anyone can debunk this then please feel free to do so.

I have the originals that are 1600x1200 pixels. The images had to be compressed 33% to be uploaded onto ATS.
edit on 11-1-2012 by Rapha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Am I the only one that does not have a clue as to what you are, or are NOT seeing?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

I'm afraid I don't see the rock you are pointing at....am I missing something? Maybe circle what you are talking about? If its just missing now...maybe the wind blew it off the larger rock??

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
You can only assume that the missing rock is invisible to the camera and viewable by the naked eye?

I would think that the rock is just balanced or dug in before I would suggest there be an invisible rock. Just walk up and touch the "invisible rock" and see if it is there.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Took me a while to really see what you saw.The top rock on the right pile looks like it is part of the bottom rock and the middle is invisible.Now that is a cool optical illusion.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
To me the angles in the pictures give it away, the large top rock is sitting a few feet farther back in relation to the small bottom rock.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
double post***
edit on 11-1-2012 by dudeawesome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Missing rock ?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Look at the left rock tower thing in the second link in the op. It appears to be some type of chair

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
All I am seeing is the smaller rock is forward in the picture in relation to the large rock structure giving the illusion that there is a space between them. Nice illusion though.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

It's like the rocks are 2 little rock blob people sitting in front of little rock blob people tables--and one is wearing a hat!!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
Look at the left rock tower thing in the second link in the op. It appears to be some type of chair

From a distance it looked like a woman with long brown hair

Also found this pile of standing stones close by. I added the tennis ball to give a rough idea of how high it is.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rapha
Missing rock ?

Hi,

Throw seashells at me if I'm wrong, but the large rock seems not to be supported by an invisible rock between it and the small grey front rock.

The large rock seems set further back behind the front rock and seems to be supported from behind by a wedge shaped stone I circled in red

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

Ohhhhh, I see it now, thanks Rapha! I agree w/ you, the larger rock seems to be behind the bottom one, on another rock setting it higher.
edit on 13-1-2012 by JJRichey because: agrreeee

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
There is no invisible rock. It is an optical illusion. Rocks that appear to be stacked are in fact not on top of each other what you perceive to be the upper long half is actually sitting much farther back behind the one you believe it to be above. It is a trick of perspective.

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

Ok let me get this straight u posted a picture of an invisible rock that we cant see, holding up a pile of rocks?if the rock was invisible surely you couldn't of taken a picture of it? And btw i dont see anything missing its just ....wait for it.....a pile of rocks ...dum dum dumdahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by imnothereru
reply to post by Rapha

Ok let me get this straight u posted a picture of an invisible rock that we cant see, holding up a pile of rocks?if the rock was invisible surely you couldn't of taken a picture of it? And btw i dont see anything missing its just ....wait for it.....a pile of rocks ...dum dum dumdahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

top topics

join