It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 2012 Mega Thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
My new years resolution is to chalk my calendar full of important dates. Not only will I be adding to my calendar important dates concerning current events and elections I will also be adding celestial events.

Transit of Venus.

First observed and recorded by Darwin, the Transit of Venus is when Venus crosses the sun, it happens very rarely but also occurs in pairs.

en.wikipedia.org...

Transits of Venus are among the rarest of predictable astronomical phenomena. They occur in a pattern that repeats every 243 years, with pairs of transits eight years apart separated by long gaps of 121.5 years and 105.5 years. The periodicity is a reflection of the fact that the orbital periods of Earth and Venus are close to 8:13 and 243:395 resonances.

Before 2004, the last pair of transits were in December 1874 and December 1882. The first of a pair of transits of Venus in the beginning of the 21st century took place on 8 June 2004 and the next will be on 6 June 2012. After 2012, subsequent transits of Venus will be in December 2117 and December 2125

Annular Solar Eclipse May 20, 2012
eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Partial Lunar Eclipse June 2, 2012
eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov...

There will be a total Solar Eclipse on November 13, 2012
eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Prenumbral Lunar Eclipse November 8, 2012
eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov...

eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Let's not forget December 21.

Feel free to add events and findings to the mega 2012 thread.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
so where's december 21st in your research?

don't forget that "transits" don't always occur with the Sun. "conjunctions" & transits also occur when 2 planets cross paths across the zodiac...

here are some more links i've had around, for you to check out:

www.authenticmaya.com...

edj.net...

good stuff..

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by metalshredmetal

My personal opinion. Dec 21 is a date in which the damage may have already been inflicted. It is a new beginning and not the end of the world. But historically it will mark a new beginning.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb

My personal opinion. Dec 21 is a date in which the damage may have already been inflicted. It is a new beginning and not the end of the world. But historically it will mark a new beginning.

i can dig it.

also, if you're into the idea of studying transits, you should really look into the works of John Martineau & Jason Martineau, in "Quadrivium" & "Little Book Of Coincidences in the Solar System".

Here's a nice description of what i'm talking about

turns out "the music of the spheres" was a literal term.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Even if nothing happens on 12-21-2012 I'm staying inside with my gun.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Interesting. I did look at your link.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
The Mayans were very interested in the transit of venus, or so I recall. Perhaps that has some thing to do with this 2012 thing. I cant recall off hand exactly what. But I think its some thing which we should all watch.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminnaughty

Not to mention that it was observed by Charles Darwin.

The founder of evolution.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Gonna go ahead and add these to the list.

G8 Summit May 16-19
en.wikipedia.org...

NATO Summit
May 20-21

Russian Troops on US Soil
thenewamerican.com...

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I've never seen a mega thread with eight posts before.
This is a novelty.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminnaughty

The Mayans took astronomical readings of Venus. That is the basis for Fuls reconsidering the correlation between the Gregorian calendar and the long count. I do not believe that the Mayans were able to observe or predict a transit.

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
The Mayans, like the Aztecs, perceived the future through the teonanacatl. The gods they connected to within predicted a shift in the ages, and the very same gods are coming back to us now. They are here now to assist the human consciousness into the golden age, and believe me; fear has nothing to do with it.

Chose love over fear and your illumination will truly start. Good luck to us all, and never mind all the doomsday stuff. You are surely going to die one day, now live!

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by OleMB

The gods they connected to within predicted a shift in the ages, and the very same gods are coming back to us now. They are here now to assist the human consciousness into the golden age, and believe me; fear has nothing to do with it.

A shift in the ages? What is the source for this claim? Is there anything other than the modern claims of the new agers?

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by OleMB

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

I concur.

It is somewhat of a novelty. But I am trying to keep this limited to factual information, not just mindless 2012 conjecture.

top topics

join