It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serious question. Why haven't we returned to the moon?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOne

Originally posted by little1
i'm going to agree with many other posters...i don't believe for one second that we went to the moon. if we had...we should go back now that we have all this fancy equipment to do tests.

You don't need fancy equipment to determine there's nothing of value on the moon. The fact that we haven't returned is strong evidence that we DID go to the moon. We went, we ran tests, we found nothing of value, and therefore we have no reason to go back. Simple as that.

I am amazed that so many people stubbornly refuse to believe we went to the moon when the evidence is so overwhelming. There has never had one single whistleblower who stepped forward to state that it was a hoax despite it being an enormous program involving tens of thousands of people, it was the most highly publicized and watched event ever and any mistake had it been a ruse would have been caught right away yet there was none, the Russians wanted desperately for us to fail yet they acknowledged the success and congratulated us, for crying out loud we've even sent satellites to the moon in recent years that have photographed the Apollo landing sights on the surface of the moon right down to the astronaut's footprints, what more do you want? Carrying off a hoax of that magnitude would have been infinitely more difficult than sending a spaceship to the moon.

edit on 11-1-2012 by SavedOne because: (no reason given)

A satellite picture of astronaut's footprints would be proof that a man walked on the moon.
edit on 11-1-2012 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

How advanced is nanotech these days? (question rather than argument). Sure, the initial outlay is high but then everything could be done in space (or on the moon). By this i mean we could have machines assembling machines, etc so that although the initial cost of launching is high, everything afterwards is cheap (relative to space travel!).

If we are not at this stage of tech yet i honestly d not believe it will be long before we get there.

Otherwise, without new heavy tech launch equipment, we may as well simply give up on space as the cost is too high even if we could get to other places...........and that is a depressing thought for our species......

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Semicollegiate

Originally posted by SavedOne

Originally posted by little1
i'm going to agree with many other posters...i don't believe for one second that we went to the moon. if we had...we should go back now that we have all this fancy equipment to do tests.

You don't need fancy equipment to determine there's nothing of value on the moon. The fact that we haven't returned is strong evidence that we DID go to the moon. We went, we ran tests, we found nothing of value, and therefore we have no reason to go back. Simple as that.

I am amazed that so many people stubbornly refuse to believe we went to the moon when the evidence is so overwhelming. There has never had one single whistleblower who stepped forward to state that it was a hoax despite it being an enormous program involving tens of thousands of people, it was the most highly publicized and watched event ever and any mistake had it been a ruse would have been caught right away yet there was none, the Russians wanted desperately for us to fail yet they acknowledged the success and congratulated us, for crying out loud we've even sent satellites to the moon in recent years that have photographed the Apollo landing sights on the surface of the moon right down to the astronaut's footprints, what more do you want? Carrying off a hoax of that magnitude would have been infinitely more difficult than sending a spaceship to the moon.

edit on 11-1-2012 by SavedOne because: (no reason given)

A satellite picture of astronaut's footprints would be proof that a man walked on the moon.

There are satellite pictures of the landing sites, provided by the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter. But it's not good enough for the people who believe we didn't go there.... Even tho they don't have an argument formulated yet to debunk it... Check out the link...

Apollo Landing Site pics from LRO
edit on 11-1-2012 by PollyPeptide because: I'm dyslexic

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
pure and simplest answer...

the cost to benefit ratio at this point is not within an acceptable margin. Secondly, Bush wanted to go back to the moon, hence the Ares program.... and also wanted to build a base on the moon. Obama, does not want to go back to the moon.... hence the cancellation of the Ares program.

I know most of this, because I worked directly on the Ares program.... I had equipment that I built on the ARES-1X test rocket, and when it was canceled, so was my job....
edit on 11-1-2012 by longtermproject because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
The justification for going the first time was obvious, what's the justification for going back, bearing in mind the risk and cost involved?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

By this i mean we could have machines assembling machines, etc so that although the initial cost of launching is high, everything afterwards is cheap (relative to space travel!)

We don't have that down here never mind up there.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

personally I have to agree with you manhater, apparently they are not nice aliens on the moon and it's teaming with them (no I don't have pics) just info i've picked up along the way from contactees that know about this stuff.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by PollyPeptide

Originally posted by Semicollegiate

Originally posted by little 1

There are satellite pictures of the landing sites, provided by the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter. But it's not good enough for the people who believe we didn't go there.... Even tho they don't have an argument formulated yet to debunk it... Check out the link...

Apollo Landing Site pics from LRO
edit on 11-1-2012 by PollyPeptide because: I'm dyslexic

Fantastic pictures, thanks for the link.

Proof of anything comes down to our senses, and our senses can be fooled, especially when audio/visual media and witness testimony are the only evidence.

The Apollo Program happened concurrently with the goverment's expansion of power. The space program was the only goverment program that everybody liked, excepting expenses. At the same time everybody was upset by either the Great Society or Vietnam, both of which caused higher taxes and governmental intrusion into normal life.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

You state that as fact and here I was all this time, believing that to be a B-Grade Hollywood movie. Boy is my face red haha!
Funny stuff

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by celimonster

@Serious question. Why haven't we returned to the moon?

Maybe there are EArth or Other influences up there just not spoken of???

to the left of pic

seems busy?!?!?

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
i always wondered this myself.. i've heard all the conspiracy theories about how we've never actually been there but i feel we have and buzz aldrin said there was more technology in a modern day digital watch than there was in their moon lander so i can't figure out why we haven't been back.

if it's money related if nasa was smart they'd make it a point to look for gold or any other expensive precious metals because once our gov gets wind of that nasa will get a blank check for any any future missions.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

cause all the bars are rubbish!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by n3mesis

We can survey the probability and signatures of precious metals on the moon with spectronomy, and examining the samples returned, and weigh that with return of investment of life and finances. Anything on the moon is more easily mined on earth and shipped on rail or slow boats to processing industrial complexes. I find it fascinating that people can't understand this. It's MONEY, (and lives).

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
The race to the moon was based on power. Whoever had the power to reach the moon, also had the power on Earth. Firepower, economic power, scientific power. Until now, there was no reason to go back, as we had proven ourselves to be top dog in the space race. But water is getting scarce on Earth now, and there are signs of millions of gallons of water on the moon. We may go back for that, but otherwise, it's pointless.

Destination: Mars!

/TOA

Good answer. However, the poster before you... I wonder how old this person is to have such a twisted view of the world and how mankind operates. The moon missions are a lie?! Wow.

edit on 11-1-2012 by wrkn4livn because: took out insult...

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
reply to post by n3mesis

We can survey the probability and signatures of precious metals on the moon with spectronomy, and examining the samples returned, and weigh that with return of investment of life and finances. Anything on the moon is more easily mined on earth and shipped on rail or slow boats to processing industrial complexes. I find it fascinating that people can't understand this. It's MONEY, (and lives).

Money for sure. It's not cheap going anywhere on earth, so going beyond... Ouch. If it came down to safety issues, I'd have a big problem. We're humans, we explore. In order to explore we need to put ourselves into dangerous situations. I'm pretty sure every astronaut on the planet is more than willing to face death in order to explore the cosmos. I know would.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Because the critters living on the dark side didn't want us there.
Because the NWO didn't like America being 'the' name in the space game.
We can't be going to the moon and beyond at the same time that TPTB
are trying to drag America down and bankrupt us.

Combine those .... that's why ... IMHO

People still believe in the Dark Side you mean FAR SIDE!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Well if you consider a dusty crater busy then your right

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Because it's impossble to even fake it in the digtal era !

Peace

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Are those true color photographs? If so, very interesting.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by PollyPeptide

Then address the issue of getting all of this mass off of earth. I showed the numbers.

The issue isn't leaving the moon as much as leaving earth.
edit on 11-1-2012 by Illustronic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join