It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypnotic Videos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I probably should post this in the metaphysical forum area but it seems like nobody goes there and you could hear crickets chirping. But I've noticed when I watch certain videos or listen to certain things on TV that are paticularly interesting the back of my head starts to tingle and I feel really good and calm. It's hard to describe what makes this happen but usually when certain people talk about something interesting or I hear interesting stories told in a calm deep matter or voice by the narrorator I sort of get into a "trance" like state and don't even really care what they are saying except for the fact that it makes me feel real calm and good, kind of like a natural high... The closest I can compare it to are the tingles or "snap crackle pop" feeling you get in your head if you take stimulants like amphetamine minus the racing heart and restless anxiety.

Anyways I was just wondering if anybody knows what I'm talking about or understands, I've never been hypnotized but I imagine that's the kind of feeling people have or get when somebody does that to them. If any of this makes sense to people can anybody recomend any Youtube videos or websites where they have videos or some kind of clips that emulate those sort of feelings I've described? It's wierd because it's like the only way I can get a high without ingesting a chemical but it feels way better than any drug I've ever ingested probably because it's natural, but it's just such a soothing feeling... I hope some of you can comprehend what I'm saying. Thanks for anybody that can help!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
If you've ever watched TV for more than a couple of minutes you've sure been hypnotised plenty.
After only a few minutes your brain synchronises with the low alpha rhythms coming from the box.
Everything else is cake.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Yeah I know about that but it's different... Today a woman called with survey questions and I said I would answer them... Anyways as she was going through the questions I got that same feeling.... like it felt "really" good to just listen to her ask questions and respond to them. The same thing happens when I'm listening to certain factual videos. I've never been hypnotized but I feel like this might be the feeling people get when they're hypnotized and it gives them a kind of "high" that makes them real comfortable and the reason they keep going along or maybe even "playing" along with the hypnotist is because of that soothing feeling they get when the hypnotist asked them questions in those soothing voices therefore making them more "suggestive" because they want that high.

I got the same feeling when I was watching "Brain Games" on Nat Geo and they were doing those experiments on people even just watching them get experimented on made me feel "high" or "good". Especially when Apollo was doing his tricks I just got that thizzy feeling in the back of my head watching and listening to his soothing voice... Has this happened to anybody else? And I'm not talking about certain types of rays coming out of the TV all the time to turn people into zombies because this only happens on certain videos - most of them magic videos - on TV or even on the Net or even when a teacher speaks about certain things in college...

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by trouble_every_day
If you've ever watched TV for more than a couple of minutes you've sure been hypnotised plenty.
After only a few minutes your brain synchronises with the low alpha rhythms coming from the box.
Everything else is cake.

Same with the PC.....

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Yeah I know that TV and other social media is "addicting" but I'm getting at something completely different... You guys have never felt these things before in any of the scenarios I've described? I don't know if it's norepinephrine or dopamine being released to make sure I remember these events but I dunno...

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Swing80s

Totally. I've been under Hypnosis many times. By Romaine a few times, a Stage Hypnotist I've helped in smaller towns where most were too afraid to even try it, I'd be called up and he would Hypnotize me, I was even on, " The bed of nails." Where he proceeded to jump up and down on my tummy, and the, " Stiff as a board, light as a feather." Placed with my neck on the thin back of a wooded chair and my ankles placed on another in the same way. He walked on my tummy and did a few jumps there too. It was a lot of fun every time....4 hours under only felt like 20 minutes. Plus there were videos to show all that you'd done under Hypnosis in case you didn't fully remember right away. And by various other Hypnotists.
But it DID take about 23 tries at various places and times for my one Hypnotist to get me under. A bit frustrating for him, yet a challenge lol!
But Hypnosis can usually only be done IF YOU ALLOW it to be done on you.
But every movie, music, books, etc that we fully immerse ourselves in is actually a form of Hypnosis. We are unknowingly willing victims under those circumstances, but it has been that way through out time, ie; An elder telling children a story of some event in their lives, IF the children are interested enough in the story, The children in those cases can imagine fully, the smells, the sights, the feelings, etc of the story. Thus in a form of Hypnotic state.
And you can be certain that MOST elders such as a Grand-Father or Uncle, etc, are not even aware of what they've done. But it DOES help a child to be able to learn better focus, a better imagination, and to think outside of the box instead of in a staid manner, dogged and argumentative to those that would dare disagree with them.
I believe that the Elder of Native Tribes, where the history was passed down mainly by mouth, knew EXACTLY the effect they had on the children and people who sat around him/her listening rapturously and quietly.
People get odd ideas about Hypnosis. They most, usually fear it though they'd never admit to it.
But FACT, we are hypnotized almost daily by something or someone that grabs and keeps our attentions, no matter how briefly.
ie; " Road Hypnosis." It is THE prime example. We are on a 2 or more hour drive, maybe tired or just plain old bored. We stare at the lines on the middle of the road, get lost in our thoughts, then when arriving at our destination, wonder why the trip felt so much shorter than other times if we've made that trip before, or you just wonder how the time went by so seemingly fast. It takes the same amount of time it would anyway, only FEELS like it took less time than it should have. Yet if we veer off a bit to the other side, we will snap out of it, especially if meeting up with another vehicle. AND it has made the trip more relaxed and pleasant.
Don't worry about it, just have fun with it. If it is something that goes against your mores and values, you will automatically snap out of it.
On the other hand, if NOTHING really goes against your moral, ( mores and values ) then be careful, an Evil Hypnotist or Mesmerizer would love to get their hands on someone like that for any number of reasons, not always in your or other's best interests.
Hope this was helpful even in a small way,
~Star~

top topics

join