It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RT News Announces "Unconfirmed" Conspiracy against US Nuclear Facilities by Iran Cuba and Venezuel

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I was watching RT News around 10:30 CST, and a correspondent reported that there are unconfirmed reports that Iran, Cuba, and Venezuela are plotting terror attacks against US nuclear facilities--in the event of a war with Iran. I've been searching, but cannot find any specific info on this subject. From what I gathered by watching the segment, this is a new development. They stated that this information is unconfirmed; and, they did not release a source. I thought the ATS community might have more information than I can find online. I cannot find any information about it on the RT website at the moment.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
thats some serious stuff! hopefully someone finds and update soon.

thanks for keeping ATS in the know my friend

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
This article discusses the Venezuelan diplomat that was expelled from Florida for plotting against the US; however, the aired broadcast specifically referred to an alliance between the THREE countries, explicitly targeting nuclear interests in the US.

I still have not determined if this is a new threat; or, if RT is putting a new spin on the cyber attack story.
edit on 10-1-2012 by supertrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
It's strange that RT would present that information, even unconfirmed.

Does anyone else find that really odd.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drezden
It's strange that RT would present that information, even unconfirmed.

Does anyone else find that really odd.

RT is not usually in the habit of putting out "unconfirmed" reports from "unnamed sources."

That's the job of CNN and FOX. They do it so well.

Strange

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by supertrot

I always wondered why terrorist never targeted nuclear sites before. Makes for the perfect target. Looks like my curiosities have been answered.

Can't mutha fookers just talk things over anymore? FFS!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

I found it rather strange myself. That is why I immediately began searching and consulting ATS. They were careful to state twice that this information was not confirmed. The plotted cyber-attacks against nuclear facilities have been confirmed. For this reason, this sounded like an "alleged" new threat; but, my impression was that this was a physical, rather than a cyber, attack. Where I am not finding any specific information about it, I cannot help but think that this is the correspondent's misunderstanding of the original cyber threat.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

I would say that is exactly what they are talking about. The article mentions Iran and Venezuela and discusses nuclear facilities. Has to be the same incident. Maybe the RT one is unconfirmed solely because they got a lead about a Cuba connection.

It almost has to be the same.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Really hope if those countries try to actually attempt to sabotage one of our Nuclear Facilities, they know the repercussions. If terrorist attacks against the United States have taught the world anything, is that the terrorists end up dead.

After 9/11 the security of our Facilities, have only improved.

www.fas.org...

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
It's a pretty mediocre alliance that they are forming, if they are found out to of even plotted these attacks they will have NATO come down on them like a ton of bricks. They are making a foolish move unless backed by the east, if it is even true.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I don't wish for any American citizens to be harmed but I don't blame Iran etc for organizing these attacks if it's true.

The U.S has no business in Iran.

Further more the U.S cares nothing for the many millions of innocent civillians it has killed over the years in it's many wars in Islamic countries.

DON'T blame Iran etc the USA war machine are the biggest hypocrites on the planet and deserve to be treated as such. Enough is Enough !!

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laxpla
Really hope if those countries try to actually attempt to sabotage one of our Nuclear Facilities, they know the repercussions. If terrorist attacks against the United States have taught the world anything, is that the terrorists end up dead.

www.fas.org...

Hasn't 9/11 taught anyone anything, that going into countries and bombing the sh*t outta them leaves Americans dead?

A destroyed Nuclear facility or 2 could render half of the US useless for the next 20,000 years...

Just saying

edit on 11/1/12 by jrmcleod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
perhaps RT is finally hitting the fear monger - fake news drums

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod

Originally posted by Laxpla

www.fas.org...

Hasn't 9/11 taught anyone anything, that going into countries and bombing the sh*t outta them leaves Americans dead?

A destroyed Nuclear facility or 2 could render half of the US useless for the next 20,000 years...

Just saying

edit on 11/1/12 by jrmcleod because: (no reason given)

way too much money to be robbed from the taxpayers by subsidiary security contractors who are also campaign contributors

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I have a stupid question... Why on earth are these power plants connected to the internet? They should be on their own intranet for monitoring purposes but there should never be a connection to the main internet this only invites hackers and terrorist.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by supertrot
I was watching RT News around 10:30 CST, and a correspondent reported that there are unconfirmed reports that Iran, Cuba, and Venezuela are plotting terror attacks against US nuclear facilities--in the event of a war with Iran. I've been searching, but cannot find any specific info on this subject. From what I gathered by watching the segment, this is a new development. They stated that this information is unconfirmed; and, they did not release a source. I thought the ATS community might have more information than I can find online. I cannot find any information about it on the RT website at the moment.

Emphasis is mine

It would not be a terrorist strike if Iran was attacked, it would be a defensive measure, notice it says if Iran is attacked.

And besides why all the hypocrisy here, the US and Israel have been attacking Iranian nuclear facilities with viruses, assassinating nuclear scientists, that is also an act of terrorism, doesn't stop them doing it.
edit on 11-1-2012 by PrinceDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Not surprised. The surrogates running around saying - "Innocent Iran" - listen up.
Ugh ... Lovely .... I'm sandwiched between Hope Creek, Peach Bottom, Salem and Limerick.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Why is that a suprise? Of course Iran will attack power sources, the same way we will target power sources.

If America, UK, France or Isreal goes to war with Iran then there is no reason why they shouldnt go to war in our countries.

I am not suggesting yourself here but it amazes me why some people are happy to see war take place im somewhere like Iran but will object if Iran strikes back at home.

Nuclear power stations are a legitimate target, its a power source is it not? They must destroy power sources if they are to have any chance to win a war. I am sure America will be targetted, and it will be fully justified, as will targetting of our leaders.

You can be sure of this, If we attavk Iran it will be called war, if Iran hit back at home it will be called terrorism. Mark my words. But in reality it wont be terrorism, it will just be warfare.

I am from the UK as have my family been going back many hundreds of years and i believe we fully deserve to be attacked. Our time will come, its called Karma.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Immune
I have a stupid question... Why on earth are these power plants connected to the internet? They should be on their own intranet for monitoring purposes but there should never be a connection to the main internet this only invites hackers and terrorist.

It's not a stupid question at all. I've often wondered that myself. That should have been a no-brainer from the get go. Yet, I think they did it just to save money from having to be spent on building it.

The only way for a terrorist to get in would be to physically be there, and that would be much easier to monitor than cyber attacks.

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar

Nuclear power stations are a legitimate target, its a power source is it not? They must destroy power sources if they are to have any chance to win a war. I am sure America will be targetted, and it will be fully justified, as will targetting of our leaders.

The difference is the methods used. If they attack civilian centers with suicide bombers it's terrorism if they were to fly a plane over and bomb a power plant then it's warfare.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join